HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

portland sucks

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    Pistons vs. Heat 04/09 20:42 +10 -115 / -10 +105 Heat lost second half SU Grizzles vs. Spurs 04/09 21:51 +7 -115 / -7 +105 Spurs lost second half SU btw sbrodds you can check FT , HT and quarter lines..
    port might be added to the losing 2H SU list....

but not over yet..will be close

ravkes
    ravkes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

If you're new to sports betting, stay away from parlays and make one or two straight wagers a night. If you had just made straight wagers on all of your picks you would have profited. Parlays are just more ways for the Bookie to take the money. I went 11-2 last week just making NBA straight Wagers on the spread (after researching for 30mins-1hr for the one or maybe two plays I made each night), keeping good money management.. but when I lost a game I went crazy and lost self-control - chased my losses on the 10:30 game (without proper research or money management) and lost all of my profits. I'm gaining my money back now but I could have had more if I hadn't been an idiot. Keep your emotions in check.

Three rules to making money:

1. Keep your emotions in check; Don't chase your losses/NEVER GO ALL IN.
    2. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Don't be an idiot and take a bet just because of a gut feeling, do the proper research and you'll reap the rewards.
    3. Money Management.

It seems simple but as you found out tonight going after those long-shots because you want to make big money instead of sticking with logic will fail. Thankfully you listened to rule #3 and only lost $5. Good luck in your future man. BTW I put money on the Dallas ML tonight cause everybody was on Portland .. .. You'll also find that sports gambling is a lot like stocks, most of the time the majority is wrong..lol
    Last edited by ravkes; 04-09-10 at 11:54 PM.

anjaru
    anjaru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Looks like you lost the entire $5. Parlays are for suckers. Sure, you may hit one here or there, but eventually you'll go broke.

LarryF
    LarryF's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Ravkes, put the parlays aside and bet straight my brother. Good money management is essential and keep your emotions in check! GL and have some fun!

First 12