t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Rochestertitans, you're kidding right? Come on man, you know that it matters if you bet with real money. You do a nice job of picking games on a daily basis and I respect you but you know that you wouldn't be playing all those games if you were wagering with money.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

let's not let the rochestertitans deal lead this discussion off track. he has poor point management anyway. (no offense, just messing with you).

here is what i suggest. try this if you're one of the people who aren't confident in your picks and haven't been doing this long.

first, sit back and read what more experienced cappers have to say and pick up on angles and shit.

now, if you like lb's thread and your buddies post there or whatever, just post picks here and there in lb's thread. if you feel confident enough start your own thread with the pick, and you can ask for feedback or something. it doesn't have to be something you locked down or anything, and it might just be something you feel strongly about, but here is the key to the exercise--make yourself come up with something, some type of rationale as to why you like a play. it could be right or it could be wrong, but put in a little time to research and justify to the forum or whoever why you like a play. seriously, pretend you're writing a paper and your professor's gonna come back to you and say "well what about this and this and this" to refute your points and try to address all that on the front end. this will make you better. i'm serious. when you realize you have to back yourself up with something solid, this will become a practice you will adhere to whether or not you're posting about a play you like. this could end up scaring you off of a play you liked but you discovered something about it you don't like at all.

bottom line, just don't be embarrassed to put yourself out there; if you don't act like an idiot and use a lot of emoticons no one will tell you suck when you lose a play.
    Last edited by texhooper; 04-08-10 at 08:36 PM.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

if you play 500 plays you lose probably 10% of that to the book.

thats a stupid amount of plays

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

PM me with your email address if anyone want an excel file to calculate Yield

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think it's so tough to win playing that many games. I just can't do it and would never try.

First 12