mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

The Edge

I don't have anything documented so I'm starting this thread. I have been handicapping everything for the last 13 years .I'd say I like the money line games the best like NHL , MLB , PGA ,and Motor Sports.I also do well in the NBA as far as ATS games.I probably have the biggest interest in football but I just find that to be the hardest sport to beat.

I only joined here March 10th but then finished 1st in the weekly NBA contest going 17-5 for +55.14 units.The next week finished 1st in the weekly NHL contest going 17-6 for 60.45 units and I am currently winning this weeks cross sport contest.The highlight this week was a 18-1 day on sides and money lines where I didn't take any lines over -145.I also had Florida Panthers +210 last night and Tampa Bay Lightning +220 the night before.I have a thread in the hockey forum where I am 11-6 +480 in the 6 days since I started it.

I am going to track here because like I said my plays will be on just about everything where I find an edge.I want to document a good sample size and make money along the way.

A future I like for now is Phoenix to win the Stanley Cup.Its 18-1 now but I got it at 20-1 a week ago.This is far from a sure thing but with those odds its worth a play on the team with the 4th best record in the league.They have a better shot than the favorite Caps and Hawks as their goaltending and defense is top notch.

mikemca
    Update Status

The plays today

Indiana Pacers -1.5
    This is a huge sucker play as I expect the vast majority to be on Miami not knowing how good the Pacers have become.Especially at Conseco Fieldhouse where they have won 8 in a row.

Chicago Bulls -4.5
    The Bulls are only 2 games behind Toronto for a playoff spot and shouldn't take this game lightly even though they are playing a terrible Washington team.

New Jersey Devils -125
    The Devils still have something to play for as they trail Pittsburgh by 1 point to win the Atlantic.
    Chicago has suspect goaltending which sets up nicely for the Devils to get their offense back on track.
    CHI is 2-10-1 in the last 13 meetings.
    Blackhawks are 0-7 in the last 7 meetings in New Jersey.

Good Luck Today

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mikemca...will you post ALL of your plays that YOU will actually wager on in this thread?? It sounds like you know what you are doing...please let me know! Thanks

FUpv
    FUpv's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Pacers and bulls a lot today...GL

Ocean6778
    Ocean6778's Avatar Become A Pro!

You just might be posting in the wrong forum. Personal plays should be posted in another forum. IMO

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    Mikemca...will you post ALL of your plays that YOU will actually wager on in this thread?? It sounds like you know what you are doing...please let me know! Thanks
    Yeah I will sorry to get off to a bad start but the 2 losses could have gone either way .Indiana was up 10 at the half then got blown out in overtime.The devils were 22 seconds from winning in regulation then blew in the shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean6778 View Post
    You just might be posting in the wrong forum. Personal plays should be posted in another forum. IMO
    IMO you can just skip over this thread.I made it so I wouldn't have a thread in every forum.I am trying to build a reputation and help people win money.What exactly are you trying to do with your post?I'm not sure if you are trying to relive the glory days when you were a top notch hall monitor or you are just trying to sound cool.Sorry for the rant but you tilted me a little.

So anyway day 1 sucked 1-2 for -125

mikemca
    Update Status

If I could only make 1 play today and it would be the Duke Blue Devils.

1.The only reason WV is here is because Kentucky shot brick after brick after brick.Its not like WV played good defense either ,Kentucky missed one open look after another.They went an unbelievable 0/20 from 3 point range and finished 4/32.KU also went 16/29 from the charity stripe.That is not gonna happen tonight as Duke is 8th in the nation in FT% and toward the top in 3 point % .

2.WV on the other hand didn't make 1 two point basket in the first half.All 3 pointers and free throws.This also isn't going to happen today as Duke boasts the nations #1 perimeter defense leading the country by holding opponents to 27.8% 3 point percentage.

3.Joe Mazzulla played way better than he is in his first start.Duke is going to destroy him and force him into turnover after turnover.

4.Duke leads the tournament in rebounding and was also 7th in the country in offensive rebounding during the regular season.If WV tries to launch threes against the Blue Devils perimeter D this game could be over quick.

I'm not even a Duke fan but this match up makes my mouth water.Get it at Duke -2.5 while you can.

whocares
    whocares's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7163

Thanks, will try and follow.look forward to your nhl plays

mikemca
    Update Status

OK here they are then.

Buffalo has taken the last 4 against the Habs however only one has been decisive.A 6-2 win back on Dec. 3rd while 2 of the others were by 1 goal and one a shootout victory.A big part of the wins was the play of Thomas Vanek and Tim Connolly who are both out of todays game.This is a big game for the Canadiens and not all that important for the Sabres.Halak will have the start in goal again after shutting out the Flyers 1-0 yesterday.Take Montreal at home -110.

The Leafs have been playing well lately going 9-3-1 their last 13 but they are running into a desperate Boston team who is actually better on the road than they are at home.BOS is 8-2 in the last 10 meetings vs Toronto.Tuuka Rask has been good vs the Leafs he is 3-1-0 with a 2.01 GAA in four starts and has been phenomenal going 3-2-0 with a 1.26 GAA and two shutouts in his last six games.In the end I think Boston will want it more.Unless Thomas gets the nod over Rask play the Bruins -130.

Ottawa clinched their playoff birth on Thursday so look for a letdown and are a much better team at home where they are 26-10.The road is a different story as they are only 17-20.Meanwhile the Isles are often overlooked and undervalued at home where they are 21-14-3 and they have won seven of their last 11 at the Coliseum.Just ask the Flyers if they are tough at home now with a very solid core of young players.Last the home team is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.Take the home dog Islanders at +110

Also slight lean on Carolina over NJ.The Hurricanes are 10-4 in their last 14 home games while the Devils are 1-6 in the last 7 meetings in Carolina.

Worth a look is Columbus at +150 because the Caps have checked out until playoffs.

Canadiens -110
    Bruins -130
    Islanders +110

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets go for it Mike...look forward to following your plays for a long time...

mikemca
    Update Status

Hi there.

Can't wait for baseball to be an option.

mikemca
    Update Status

Very nice day.Duke wins easy and went 3-0 in NHL also.