frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Mavs best team in the West

With Lakers struggling against premoddona's like the Hornets and Thunders, you got to give it to the Mav's as the best team in the West right now! I don't see the Lakers beating this team if they meet in the playoffs. Unless Bynum and Kobe fingers gets back to normal quick.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

mavs best team in west? Blazers won 11 out of 13 and are 3-0 vs Mavs this season. But even i know the Lakers are in cruise control and still are the best out west.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

knicks won in dallas not too long ago- why didnt you make this thread then? lakers arent interested until the playoffs begin- you should know that -

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Not gonna happen. The Lakers still have homecourt advantage, they're experienced (but not old geezers like the Celtics), and they tend to pull off the wins most of the time at home. Plus, they have too many weapons. The Lakers know that these are relatively meaningless games at this point, and they're saving up energy for the rapidly approaching postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    With Lakers struggling against premoddona's like the Hornets and Thunders, you got to give it to the Mav's as the best team in the West right now! I don't see the Lakers beating this team if they meet in the playoffs. Unless Bynum and Kobe fingers gets back to normal quick.

sharpmoney
    sharpmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers still the best in the west. Just wait until the playoffs start.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Be honest with yourself Laker fans. The Lakers are not playing like the same possessed team as last year. They don't have that fire and motivation from getting embarrassed by Boston in 08. Bynum was a huge factor in last year playoffs, and Kobe is definitely not the same player with that finger injury.

One thing is certain, they'll be lucky to just make it to the finals.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmoney View Post
    Lakers still the best in the west. Just wait until the playoffs start.
    Very, very Old West.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers are best Jazz are 2nd but not for long

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Be honest with yourself Laker fans. The Lakers are not playing like the same possessed team as last year. They don't have that fire and motivation from getting embarrassed by Boston in 08. Bynum was a huge factor in last year playoffs, and Kobe is definitely not the same player with that finger injury.

One thing is certain, they'll be lucky to just make it to the finals.

kobefanatic

just because they beat denver tonight and the lakers just loss doesn't mean a thing in the playoffs, mavs will choke again come playoff time, as long as nowitzki is their star they will be perennial chokers

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

They will definitely give LA a run for their money if they meet in the finals. It will be interesting to see twin towers vs twin towers if Mavs decide to start Damp & Heyward together. Great for ratings.

-

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    They will definitely give LA a run for their money if they meet in the finals. It will be interesting to see twin towers vs twin towers if Mavs decide to start Damp & Heyward together. Great for ratings.

-

azn624
    Update your status
    azn624's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Lakers Still best team in the West, Playoffs are when they'll get serious

1UP
    1UP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

They're the best team playing in March, what's the point of the playoffs?

Crown em.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-09-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: image does not exist

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

dallas looked good tonight

DarkMage
    DarkMage's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers then Mavs......

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I've been saying the Mavs are going to get the 2 seed when its all said and done right when they got Caron Butler. He's there second best player, and best perimeter defender and will be key to Dallas' success in the playoffs when he's forced to guard guys like Kobe, Brandon Roy, Ginobli, etc. Dallas has never had a problem scoring the ball. It's always been their defense and physicality that's been a problem for them. Haywood, Stevenson, Butler all bring that experience.

Lakers are the best team in the West, and will probably face Dallas in the Conference finals. I'm not saying Lakers arn't going to make the finals this year, but I like Dallas's chances against LA in a 7 game series. Though I've been waiting for the day Kobe wins 2 more championships (1 last year), all those years when his team struggled after the Kobe Shaq 3 peat, I've been waiting for this moment, and I think Kobe wins 6 Rings before he retires.

The only problem with LA is there bench. I wished they got some1 before the deadline. They really need a PURE SCORER (should have taken Nate Robinson) off their bench that can get it going at any time.

Best teams in the west
    1. LA (Have the best player in the world, a pure champion)
    2. Dallas
    3. Denver (Best 1-2 Combo in the league),
    4. Portland (athletic, long, best defensive team in the league) defense gets you far in the playoffs
    5. PHX (Top 3 pg, Top 3 PF)

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I've been saying the Mavs are going to get the 2 seed when its all said and done right when they got Caron Butler. He's there second best player, and best perimeter defender and will be key to Dallas' success in the playoffs when he's forced to guard guys like Kobe, Brandon Roy, Ginobli, etc. Dallas has never had a problem scoring the ball. It's always been their defense and physicality that's been a problem for them. Haywood, Stevenson, Butler all bring that experience.

Lakers are the best team in the West, and will probably face Dallas in the Conference finals. I'm not saying Lakers arn't going to make the finals this year, but I like Dallas's chances against LA in a 7 game series. Though I've been waiting for the day Kobe wins 2 more championships (1 last year), all those years when his team struggled after the Kobe Shaq 3 peat, I've been waiting for this moment, and I think Kobe wins 6 Rings before he retires.

The only problem with LA is there bench. I wished they got some1 before the deadline. They really need a PURE SCORER (should have taken Nate Robinson) off their bench that can get it going at any time.

Best teams in the west
    1. LA (Have the best player in the world, a pure champion)
    2. Dallas
    3. Denver (Best 1-2 Combo in the league),
    4. Portland (athletic, long, best defensive team in the league) defense gets you far in the playoffs
    5. PHX (Top 3 pg, Top 3 PF)
    dude getting nate robinson will destroy the team's chemistry, they already have enough ballhog on that team, what they need is a better point guard that thinks to pass first rather than score first, nate is a showboat and with his stupidity will just destroy the lakers' chances, i think they need to have a kirk hinrich who is able to defend and shoot 3's, the laker's bench isn't as bad as people think, they have odom who is better than any sixth man in the league right now, brown who just needs to have better control of himself, luke walton will be back come playoff time, farmar just needs to be consistent

Crnjak
    Crnjak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

mavs look great!!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post

dude getting nate robinson will destroy the team's chemistry, they already have enough ballhog on that team, what they need is a better point guard that thinks to pass first rather than score first, nate is a showboat and with his stupidity will just destroy the lakers' chances, i think they need to have a kirk hinrich who is able to defend and shoot 3's, the laker's bench isn't as bad as people think, they have odom who is better than any sixth man in the league right now, brown who just needs to have better control of himself, luke walton will be back come playoff time, farmar just needs to be consistent
    Odom is not the best sixth man in the league. That honor goes to Jamal Crawford. The lakers have enough defenders and toughness, Shannon Brown is a really good defender, as is Walton (if he were to come back), and Mbenga. Farmer is their only solid offensive player off the bench (besides Odom of course). The rest cannot be trusted come finals time, as evidenced the year the Lakers lost to boston. A SCORER is exactly what they need. Farmer is not a pure scorer, he feeds off the crowd, is streaky, and typically cannot get his own shot. They don't have anyone off their bench besides Odom that can get their own shot at any time. Every other contender has this piece. Nate Robinson wouldn't mess up any chemistry, Kobe would put him in his place, and Robinson would do whatever Kobe asked him to do.

And please, stop saying Kobe is a ballhog- He shot the ball only 3 times with like 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter today, and his team was getting SMASHED before he started taking shots.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Odom is not the best sixth man in the league. That honor goes to Jamal Crawford. The lakers have enough defenders and toughness, Shannon Brown is a really good defender, as is Walton (if he were to come back), and Mbenga. Farmer is their only solid offensive player off the bench (besides Odom of course). The rest cannot be trusted come finals time, as evidenced the year the Lakers lost to boston. A SCORER is exactly what they need. Farmer is not a pure scorer, he feeds off the crowd, is streaky, and typically cannot get his own shot. They don't have anyone off their bench besides Odom that can get their own shot at any time. Every other contender has this piece. Nate Robinson wouldn't mess up any chemistry, Kobe would put him in his place, and Robinson would do whatever Kobe asked him to do.

And please, stop saying Kobe is a ballhog- He shot the ball only 3 times with like 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter today, and his team was getting SMASHED before he started taking shots.
    jamal crawford does only scoring for the hawks, and a little playmaking for the hawks, odom is the guy that holds their bench together and much more that's why he's the best 6th man for me. farmar is not the only solid offensive player off their bench, they have brown too. if the big 3 in boston can't get any significant contributions of nate who else can do it? i think nate wants to score on his own will chuck up shots

anyway i never said kobe is the ballhog in that team, i meant to say we have gasol who quietly demands the ball and fisher who keeps chucking up 3 point shots early in the shot clock, we also have artest who keeps shooting and shannon brown with farmar those guys just keeps shooting bricks, i don't mind kobe taking most of the shots he's the alpha male in that team he has every right to do so

Jedi
    Jedi's Avatar Become A Pro!

KF is right... DALLAS in West

it is going to be the MAVS & CAVS this year... I wil go with DALLAS

more players...

too deep for anyone...

that trade was incredible,,.. well done

LAKERS are O*V*E*R