No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Thursday: Portland + whatever at Denver

Take it, run, and never look back. I know the Nuggets will be favored, but they're really struggling right now (obviously) and in their first game back from a road trip, they're going to be big-time fade material.

Grab the points with confidence, and sprinkle a little on the ML.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Great post couldn't agree more.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate to use this but fukk it Denver sucks Portland ML is a

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I like my odds with Denver at home. They ain't 30-6 at home for no freaking reason. It will be Lawson 2nd game, and he'll be a huge contributor at home. Plus George Karl will be back. He's a huge upgrade, since Adrian Dantley has no idea when to call timeouts and stop the other team from gaining momentum.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

I;m afraid DEN might win this time and cover...

syn^
    syn^'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

You'd be crazy to bet against the nuggets at home, but you would also be crazy for betting on denver right now period... im staying away from this one.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I like my odds with Denver at home. They ain't 30-6 at home for no freaking reason. It will be Lawson 2nd game, and he'll be a huge contributor at home. Plus George Karl will be back. He's a huge upgrade, since Adrian Dantley has no idea when to call timeouts and stop the other team from gaining momentum.
    Karl will be back for sure?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Karl will be back for sure?
    Actually Denver Post just reported he won't be back no earlier than mid April. Hopefully the Nugz will be favored by 5 or less points. I still like how this teams and Jr Smith catches fire at home. That with then itself makes it dangerous to go against the Nugz at home for me.

tavinator13
    tavinator13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post

Actually Denver Post just reported he won't be back no earlier than mid April. Hopefully the Nugz will be favored by 5 or less points. I still like how this teams and Jr Smith catches fire at home. That with then itself makes it dangerous to go against the Nugz at home for me.
    Portland is 13-3 their last 16 games, just won two in a row B2B on the road, and this will be Denver's first home game after their road trip...trust me the line will be 5 or less.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Billups vs. Andre Miller the Key matchup here. Denver will win this game. You have to love Aaron Affallo on Brandon Roy. He really should be 2nd or 3rd team all defense this year. Batum= no chance against Carmello.

PAULYPOKER

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Be careful on this play...

letitburn
    letitburn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

good luck

Broncos9798
    Broncos9798's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two days rest and a small line(which we dont know yet). If the nuggets are -6 or or less im going huge on them(cause im in vegas)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Bump.

I'm taking both the road teams and the points Thursday.

Magic/Blazers for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My hope is that it's +5/5.5 by gametime.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    For jinx purposes this was only a joke in my previous post

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

portland ats 0 day rest = 14-3

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mundane View Post
    portland ats 0 day rest = 14-3
    Yep, saw that too.

Now my only hope is that the public pounds Denver. They've been struggling lately so some may be leery, but I'm still predicting squares will see that small number in Denver and be drooling all over it.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yep, saw that too. Now my only hope is that the public pounds Denver. They've been struggling lately so some may be leery, but I'm still predicting squares will see that small number in Denver and be drooling all over it.
    Public is on Denver at 52% right now which isn't looking good for this cause the public always bets early by majority

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Public is on Denver at 52% right now which isn't looking good for this cause the public always bets early by majority
    Yeah, Portland's hot lately and Denver's ice-cold. Unfortunately, that will probably keep the public around 50-50. Good news, though: that means any significant line movement you see is pointing to the right play.

PAULYPOKER

However most of the $ tomorrow will be tied up in the NCAA B.Ball meaning NBA will be petty cash compared to this fact

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Teams on the second leg of a back to back, coming into Denver do not fair well. Denver for me!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HotStreak View Post
    Teams on the second leg of a back to back, coming into Denver do not fair well. Denver for me!
    New Orleans and Milwaukee are the last two that come to mind. Oh wait a minute -- the Hornets covered and the Bucks won SU.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

What?

Public bets on overnight lines are meaningless. The bets that matter are the early ones, within a couple of hours of the line's release, and the late ones, in the last hour or so before tip-off. I expect this game to be balanced as DEN -4.5 is just about right for these teams under normal circumstances.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    What? Public bets on overnight lines are meaningless. The bets that matter are the early ones, within a couple of hours of the line's release, and the late ones, in the last hour or so before tip-off. I expect this game to be balanced as DEN -4.5 is just about right for these teams under normal circumstances.
    No need to argue you believe what you believe and I do the same

art_pogi
    art_pogi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

hard play...denver is a strong team but playing like a crap lately...i will go to ptb lightly...

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    What?

Public bets on overnight lines are meaningless. The bets that matter are the early ones, within a couple of hours of the line's release, and the late ones, in the last hour or so before tip-off. I expect this game to be balanced as DEN -4.5 is just about right for these teams under normal circumstances.

LOL!!! I was wandering the same damn thing and thinking the public doesn't even bet early lines. The real joe blow action comes in around 5-6pm EST. Right when joe gets off work Joe is sleeping right now and doesn't even know who is playing tommorow.

mundane
    mundane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2315

im joe.. and yes im about to hit the bed! goodnight!

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Normally you fade teams on their first game back after a long road trip, of course. But this is a desperate game for Denver. They are looking at sliding all the way down to the 5th spot in the West, meaning no home court advantage in the first round and the Lakers waiting in the 2nd round if they get that far. This is no a typical first game back, IMO.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    Normally you fade teams on their first game back after a long road trip, of course. But this is a desperate game for Denver. They are looking at sliding all the way down to the 5th spot in the West, meaning no home court advantage in the first round and the Lakers waiting in the 2nd round if they get that far. This is no a typical first game back, IMO.
    Nevermind I got side tracked time to go to bed

tavinator13

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    Haven't we been saying dever is desperate for like the last however many games? IF they couldn't show up for Dallas who they're jockeying for playoff spots with then why would you believe they'd show up for this one with such desperation?

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Quote Originally Posted by tavinator13 View Post
    Haven't we been saying dever is desperate for like the last however many games? IF they couldn't show up for Dallas who they're jockeying for playoff spots with then why would you believe they'd show up for this one with such desperation?
    Den is an entirely different team at home compared to on the road. I don't have a lean for the game yet but just some info that should be STRONGLY considered before choosing a side.

tavinator13

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers714 View Post
    Den is an entirely different team at home compared to on the road. I don't have a lean for the game yet but just some info that should be STRONGLY considered before choosing a side.
    true, but I thought this whole meltdown started at home. To be honest I think they are a different team with Kmart and Karl , and I think they will struggle until they get them back.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

I agree den is not the same without KMart and Karl, but they might be getting a blazers team at the perfect spot tomorrow. The blazers will be on a B2B going into the altitude. I'm pretty sure Den will win, just don't know if they cover.

12 Last