bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Joey Crawford reinstated 5 months after suspension

Stern should have made a stance and never reinstated him at all. The NBA needs to start being a lot more strict with a this stuff that has gone on over the offseason.

NBA referee Joey Crawford reinstated 5 months after suspension for improper conduct

September 17, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- NBA referee Joey Crawford was reinstated by commissioner David Stern on Monday, five months after he was suspended indefinitely for improper on-court conduct.

San Antonio Spurs star Tim Duncan contended that Crawford challenged him to a fight during a game against the Dallas Mavericks on April 15. Crawford ejected Duncan while the player was laughing on the bench. Stern cited a pattern of similar acts in suspending Crawford.

"Based on my meeting with Joey Crawford, his commitment to an ongoing counseling program, and a favorable professional evaluation that was performed at my direction, I am satisfied that Joey understands the standards of game management and professionalism the NBA expects from him and that he will be able to conduct himself in accordance with those standards," Stern said in a release.

Crawford enters his 32nd season as an NBA referee. He has officiated more than 2,000 games during the regular season and 266 in the playoffs, including 38 in the NBA finals.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Stern will make him officiate every Spurs game.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

There is no room for personal bias in officiating but I think he deserves a 2nd chance. He has been a good ref.

jonmic
    jonmic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9062

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    There is no room for personal bias in officiating but I think he deserves a 2nd chance. He has been a good ref.
    I agree, he should get a 2nd shot.