sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heavy! Mavs @ blazers

Mavericks +3 @ Blazers -3

I am looking at the Blazers and Mavericks game tommrow and I think I may have found the game I might want to hit up HEAVY. Dallas has not been playing good lately. They are 2-3 their last 5 games with all 3 losses by double digits. They are also 0-5-1 their last 6 games against the spread. One of their wins was to the Clippers last game, a game where they trailed going into the fourth. They really played horribly that day but just went on a crazy 22-3 run to start the 4th. It's the Clips lol.

They face the Blazers who are 8-2 their last 10 games SU. They lost their last game @ PHX by 6 and pushed. I think Portland gets it together coming off the loss and stirs up some home cookin! They have had 2 extra days rest for this game also than Dallas. Dallas played Tuesday and Portland played Sunday.

Matchup wise Portland is also looking good. They are 2-0 this year SU and ATS vs Dallas and both games were in Dallas. Portland even took down the Mavs without Brandon Roy in one of the games. To Dallas credit though, they have been playing well on the road this year with a 22-13 record. Portland is a nice 25-13 @ home and a lot of those losses were without their main man Roy.

Regarding the line movement and public betting, Public is to my surprise leaning Dallas on this game early on to the tune of 56% Mavs. I would love to see some slight RLM on this game to Blazers -3.5 and I will go ahead and pound it HEAVY. Let's wait and see to get some info from the line movement before we make a decision.

Blazers -3 LOCKED HEAVY
    Last edited by sweetjones55; 03-25-10 at 10:59 AM.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Mavericks +3 @ Blazers -3

I am looking at the Blazers and Mavericks game tommrow and I think I may have found the game I might want to hit up HEAVY. Dallas has not been playing good lately. They are 2-3 their last 5 games with all 3 losses by double digits. They are also 0-5-1 their last 6 games against the spread. One of their wins was to the Clippers last game, a game where they trailed going into the fourth. They really played horribly that day but just went on a crazy 22-3 run to start the 4th. It's the Clips lol.

They face the Blazers who are 8-2 their last 10 games SU. They lost their last game @ PHX by 6 and pushed. I think Portland gets it together coming off the loss and stirs up some home cookin! They have had 2 extra days rest for this game also than Dallas. Dallas played Tuesday and Portland played Sunday.

Matchup wise Portland is also looking good. They are 2-0 this year SU and ATS vs Dallas and both games were in Dallas. Portland even took down the Mavs without Brandon Roy in one of the games. To Dallas credit though, they have been playing well on the road this year with a 22-13 record. Portland is a nice 25-13 @ home and a lot of those losses were without their main man Roy.

Regarding the line movement and public betting, Public is to my surprise leaning Dallas on this game early on to the tune of 56% Mavs. I would love to see some slight RLM on this game to Blazers -3.5 and I will go ahead and pound it HEAVY. Let's wait and see to get some info from the line movement before we make a decision.

Blazers -3 LEAN
    liking the blazers too

sweetjones55

We might have to do it again then kobefanatic! I am taking the blazers no doubt, just need to figure out if Heavy or not.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    We might have to do it again then kobefanatic! I am taking the blazers no doubt, just need to figure out if Heavy or not.
    bro just one question the last the blazers beat the mavs, they still don't have caron butler and haywood will that make a difference? i think mavs are better now compared to what they have last january

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blazers should roll all over the Mavs.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blazers 6+

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

nah i like mavs here. dirk will be pissed after getting tossed and blazers burned them in dallas last time when andre went off for 50+. dallas is seeing denver slip and will move in for the kill. the line being only 3 tells you its a pkem.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post

bro just one question the last the blazers beat the mavs, they still don't have caron butler and haywood will that make a difference? i think mavs are better now compared to what they have last january
    I don't think Haywood will make a difference. I think Caron is a little bit more effective than Josh Howard but I don't think he is THAT much of an upgrade. Josh Howard puts up the same #'s, problem with Josh is offcourt issues.

QUEST001
    QUEST001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas is a solid play tomorrow..They will get their redemption for the 2 home losses they had to Blazers earlier in the season. Portland plays rusty after being off 3 days.Dallas my biggest play WED..Good Luck with your plays..

chimp
    chimp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by QUEST001 View Post
    Dallas is a solid play tomorrow..They will get their redemption for the 2 home losses they had to Blazers earlier in the season. Portland plays rusty after being off 3 days.Dallas my biggest play WED..Good Luck with your plays..
    por is 3-1 with 3 days rest

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I would have to take the Mavericks and the +3. This is basically a pick em to me, so I would have to take the value in the points.

Premierr23
    Premierr23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 564

i like the blazers

ed_lupeet
    ed_lupeet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

Blazers

kobefanatic

damn im initially leaning on the blazers yet i'm hesitating now

tavinator13
    tavinator13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    nah i like mavs here. dirk will be pissed after getting tossed and blazers burned them in dallas last time when andre went off for 50+. dallas is seeing denver slip and will move in for the kill. the line being only 3 tells you its a pkem.
    not usually one to question you LB, but let me pick your brain. Yes Andre went off for 50 but that was without Roy, and the blazers could equally be moving in for a kill seeing San Antonio loose tonight and probably loosing again at least once in their next two games. Also as I think you alluded to the other night, does Dirk every get pissed?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Sweet Jones,

Did you just compare Josh Howard to Caron Butler? Butler is a top 10 1 on 1 defender in the league. Josh Howard isn't even close to as good offensively either. Butler is Dallas second best player right now, and Mavs will give Roy different looks with both Butler and Marion. They should make it tough fro him, but he'll still play well. Mavs are too deep of a team to lose this game I think, and they will take the 2 seed in the West when its all said and done.

Nowtizki is pissed
    Terry is streaking at the right time
    Butler plays better on the road than at home
    Andre Miller will have problems getting into the paint w/ Haywood, Dampier

Mavs win on the road by 4-7

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the mavs in this game they need to really push for that 2nd seed

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    I really like the mavs in this game they need to really push for that 2nd seed
    The Jazz will get the 2nd seed when the smoke clears

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

leaning Dallas...theyre very good on the road and have revenge on their minds

i think this game comes down to the last couple of possessions, will take the +3

BOL all.

art_pogi
    art_pogi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

bLAZERS

Nomocino
    Nomocino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good logic. Had just about the same reasoning when the Lakers went to Cleveland earlier this year everyone told me that the Lakers would win because they got trounced by the Cavs on Christmas

gesiii
    gesiii's Avatar Become A Pro!

who knows

good luck

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mavs +3

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mavs ML

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Liking the BLazers here also.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Sweet Jones,

Did you just compare Josh Howard to Caron Butler? Butler is a top 10 1 on 1 defender in the league. Josh Howard isn't even close to as good offensively either. Butler is Dallas second best player right now, and Mavs will give Roy different looks with both Butler and Marion. They should make it tough fro him, but he'll still play well. Mavs are too deep of a team to lose this game I think, and they will take the 2 seed in the West when its all said and done.

Nowtizki is pissed
    Terry is streaking at the right time
    Butler plays better on the road than at home
    Andre Miller will have problems getting into the paint w/ Haywood, Dampier

Mavs win on the road by 4-7
    I think there is a little homerism here. Butlers career average is 16.7, Howard is 15.3. They both have career averages of 6 rebounds. I agree Butler is a better defender which is why I say he is a slightly more effective player. I don't think that he will matter much tonight though because the Blazers are long and good defensively at that position and I don't think Butler will post matchup problems.

sweetjones55

Ok so the updated public betting numbers and line movement for this morning. 58% of betting public is on Dallas so far. The line has dropped down to -2.5 which doesn't really mean too much. The line hasn't crossed any critical even number so I am not to worried about the line movement. Either way Portland has to win by two buckets whether at 3 or 2.5. Now if it goes down to Portland -1.5 that will change everything.

sweetjones55

Man I hate to say it (Heat are my hometown team) but I think the Bulls is the play today. Wade absolutely SUCKS when he goes over to his hometown to play. 45% on Chicago and line jumps from -1 to -2, nice RLM.

Pavv4
    Pavv4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck !

Aurelius
    Aurelius's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Butler is Dallas second best player right now
    18 from 53 @ 34% over last 5 outings, not so hot right now

Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    Liking the BLazers here also.
    liking your avatar
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 04-09-15 at 09:51 AM. Reason: image does not exist

eSTOXX
    eSTOXX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Blazers

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post

18 from 53 @ 34% over last 5 outings, not so hot right now
    The whole Dallas team hasn't been too hot right now. Blazers on the other hand are
    8-2 last 10

Aurelius

butler is in a slump, hard to see him getting out of it against a good defensive outfit like portland. he'll waste another 10% of the mavs scoring opps and the home team will win.

Leonitas
    Leonitas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think blazers are due athome just a feeling

123 Last