No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Lakers on Wednesday

Fishy line. Lakers lost by 20 during their last trip to Texas with Bynum playing (even though Parker was as well). Sixth game in nine days for the Spurs, who were B2B on the road Sunday and Monday. Lakers are well rested, having played only twice -- at home against Minnesota and Washington -- since March 16.

SA should be about a 2-3 point favorite here. IMHO, at Pick, Vegas is telling us which side we should be on tomorrow night.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

[quote=No coincidences;3747761]Fishy line. Lakers lost by 20 during their last trip to Texas with Bynum playing (even though Parker was as well). Sixth game in nine days for the Spurs, who were B2B on the road Sunday and Monday. Lakers are well rested, having played only twice -- at home against Minnesota and Washington -- since March 16.

SA should be about a 2-3 point favorite here. IMHO, at Pick, Vegas is telling us which side we should be on tomorrow night.[/quote]

The 1 paragraph was spot on but the bolded part doesn't make since.... Vegas doesn't have to do anything to convince the public to take the Lakers.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

its just like the lakers game in phoenix 2 weeks ago- why were they favored? why arent spurs favored by 3 points here when last time they were -3.5 . lakers are the favorites here cause the line is only 1 which means la is favored by 2.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have San An. capped at -6

cecbo
    cecbo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well said LB! And hopefully like that Suns game, the Lakers do the same and take care of business against the Spurs tomorrow night...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    The 1 paragraph was spot on but the bolded part doesn't make since.... Vegas doesn't have to do anything to convince the public to take the Lakers.
    Vegas isn't trying to convince the public -- Vegas is telling us who to pick. Common sense would say SA -3 or so. IMHO, the fact that it's a 0 means the Lakers will win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    its just like the lakers game in phoenix 2 weeks ago- why were they favored? why arent spurs favored by 3 points here when last time they were -3.5 . lakers are the favorites here cause the line is only 1 which means la is favored by 2.
    Ed Zachary.

LAL is rested and will be ready to roll. I love the fact that an older SA team has expended so much energy on the road the last two nights, and this is the first game they see when they return home.

Spurs are playing well lately, but they lose tomorrow.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

Tell me how you arrived at that conlusion please.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

but wait a minute, why the hell would vegas tell anyone lakers are the play? i actually agree with you guys as far as who the pick should be, but the lakers are gonna take in mad money on a small spread like this no matter what, whether it's -1 or +1.

anjaru
    anjaru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

I definitely like Lakers here and will grab it before it goes up to 1.5-2.5 by tomorrow morning. Yeah SA has been playing well, but these old fogies are drowning in Ben Gay and ice packs after their last 8 games. Lakers also want to send a message to these bitches that they should trade in their senior citizens passes for some free movie tickets. I'm going large on this one boys!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Tell me how you arrived at that conlusion please.
    Probably based a lot on the fact that they were routed the last time they went to SA.

The only thing that concerns me is that Vegas put it at pick to attract some interest from the SA side. If the Spurs were -3 or 4, no one would take them. As a pick at home, Vegas draws attention from both sides.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    but wait a minute, why the hell would vegas tell anyone lakers are the play? i actually agree with you guys as far as who the pick should be, but the lakers are gonna take in mad money on a small spread like this no matter what, whether it's -1 or +1.
    Because as LB said, SA was -3.5 the last time they played in Texas and they won by 20. So now they're a pick?

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Unbelievable.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Probably based a lot on the fact that they were routed the last time they went to SA.

The only thing that concerns me is that Vegas put it at pick to attract some interest from the SA side. If the Spurs were -3 or 4, no one would take them. As a pick at home, Vegas draws attention from both sides.

Bottom line is that vegas doesnt win every time. The lakers can win any time they feel like it in san antonio and vegas has no say over that. Its all about what the lakers feel like doing tomorrow- cause the spurs are not in the same class- and the lakers showed that last time in LA without Kobe.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Bottom line is that vegas doesnt win every time. The lakers can win any time they feel like it in san antonio and vegas has no say over that. Its all about what the lakers feel like doing tomorrow- cause the spurs are not in the same class- and the lakers showed that last time in LA without Kobe.
    Well-rested and ready to prove a point tomorrow. This is a bad spot for SA and a perfect one for LAL.

I love the fact that I can get LAL and DEN as dogs against older teams on the same night.

anjaru
    anjaru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Well-rested and ready to prove a point tomorrow. This is a bad spot for SA and a perfect one for LAL.

I love the fact that I can get LAL and DEN as dogs against older teams on the same night.
    Are you sure you want DEN tomorrow night?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by anjaru View Post
    Are you sure you want DEN tomorrow night?
    At +5? Yessir.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

We all know that the Lakers are the biggest point shavers in the league and proudly wear this title but when the line is close as this they usually say fukk Vegas and prevail no matter what side the public is on

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

We all know that the Lakers are the biggest point shavers in the league and proudly wear this title but when the line is close as this they usually say fukk Vegas and prevail no matter what side the public is on
    Lakers don't shave points. Don't confuse that with Phil's rope-a-dope strategy in the regular season, which paces the team for the playoffs.

refrain87
    refrain87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Lakers tend to play the game more seriously when its vs. another good team. If it's against a team they can easily beat, they usually blow them out 1h, then rest the star players second half. Which is why lakers hardly make the covers vs +10 spreads or so.

will_kill
    will_kill's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakers

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

lakers will win

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Lakers are also starting to pick it up against playoff-caliber competition. Since a Feb. 5 loss to Denver at home, their results vs. some of the league's better teams have been as follows:

@POR: W, 99-82
    @UTAH: W, 96-81
    vs. SA: W, 101-89
    @DAL: L, 101-96
    vs. DEN: W, 95-89
    @ORL: L, 96-94
    @PHO: W, 102-96

That's a 5-2 record with three road wins, a five-point road loss and a two-point road loss.

tealish
    tealish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers in a game against a named opponent, to win, without the burden of covering points? Yes, I will take it.

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

The last time they met in SA Gasol did not play and Kobe left the game with back spasms. When they met in LA Kobe and Bynum were out. This time around Bynum and Parker are both out. Good luck trying to cap the game using matchups and previous results. Waste of time imo. A guy could argue that the reason why the spurs were -3.5 last time was because Gasol was out.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Quote Originally Posted by anjaru View Post
    I definitely like Lakers here and will grab it before it goes up to 1.5-2.5 by tomorrow morning. Yeah SA has been playing well, but these old fogies are drowning in Ben Gay and ice packs after their last 8 games. Lakers also want to send a message to these bitches that they should trade in their senior citizens passes for some free movie tickets. I'm going large on this one boys!
    Then why wouldn't you wait til the morning to take the Lakers at +1.5 or +2?

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

hes sayn that the Lakers are gonna end up being favored...-1.5 or -2 by tip off so get +1 now while you can

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    hes sayn that the Lakers are gonna end up being favored...-1.5 or -2 by tip off so get +1 now while you can
    You see that type of major movement tomorrow?

peterw111
    peterw111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Currently my book ( SportingBet Aust ) has (Head2Head) both Lakers and SA at @$1.91 or -1.5pts either way @$2.00.

Reading between the lines by some of the remarks on this site makes me think that

LAKERS ARE THE PLAY. Will be backing LAKERS ML.

Also if interested I'm also going to go RAPTORS +3.5pts.

GOOD LUCK ALL TOMORROW.

Rbyrne
    Rbyrne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12643

probly not but i already bet the lakers....i think they win by atleast 6

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!

Quote Originally Posted by Rbyrne View Post
    probly not but i already bet the lakers....i think they win by atleast 6
    I feel you. I'm on the Lakers 10 units. Good luck bro.

ten_lost_monkeys
    ten_lost_monkeys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1131

I cant believe how many great games are playing tomorrow with the line so.... teasing? Im not sure if thats the word for it?? lol

tavinator13
    tavinator13's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm...so do the statfox power rankings?

kidcd
    kidcd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers should take care of business the Spurs are way past their prime and the Lakers are the class of the league.

swiss88
    swiss88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with the last post, and I'll also bet the Lakers in this game
    Good Luck

12 Last