thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

definitely a bit of overthinking going on there...

lakers to win comfortably

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Man this Spurs team is starting to gel pretty good, I don't know. I might be backing these "old-Ben gay using, ice -pack wearing" team. As a previous poster called them. Not sure, but Lakers are not a given here

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

thread synopsis to this point: lakers lakers lakers lakers lakers lakers lakers, paco spurs.

attention voice of dissention.

NBAwinner
    NBAwinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

laker laker laker will win tonight

zigomanisinsider
    zigomanisinsider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers

paco

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    thread synopsis to this point: lakers lakers lakers lakers lakers lakers lakers, paco spurs.

attention voice of dissention.
    What does dissention mean?

Superman455
    Drinkin ANOTHER Beer...
    Superman455's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL luck with your wager. I am still on the fence on this one but I am leaning the Spurs

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

So yall just say who ganna win and don't give reasons? THat's called a guess. This is a tough game,but I'd bet the lakers +1. They actually are better off against the Spurs w/o Bynum because Gasol can play the 5 against duncan, and Odom will guard the smaller Tonio and Bonner, two jump shooters. Artest won't do much offensively but should contain Jefferson. Kobe against Ginnobli. Spurs bench is playing really good right now, Blaire and Mason. Kobe is going to absolutely abuse Bogans when he's in the game, like he used to do to Bruce Bowen.

Paco, why do you like Spurs besides their bench? Odom won't get caught in the lane which will be key. Duncan Gasol matchup will be key.

genius
    genius's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone else like the under 196.5?

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Man this Spurs team is starting to gel pretty good, I don't know. I might be backing these "old-Ben gay using, ice -pack wearing" team. As a previous poster called them. Not sure, but Lakers are not a given here

I was discussing this game with a buddie of ours last nite and i am of the same conclusion you are paco. that being said i dont think i will play a side in this game because i like spurs also, but he feels strongly with lakers and i dont make it a habit of fading his opinions if you know what i mean.

the line has not moved yet... my contention was... the lakers will actually lose this game if kobe does not get gasol involved imo. i dont think kobe is going to be able to shoot 25 times and beat the spurs. the line has not moved yet becasue imo kobe is not going to play with gasol or use gasol. if kobe and phil play through gasol the lakers should win this game, but if kobe is a one man show this will be very tight in the end.. aslo you never know how motivated the lakers are. the lakers def are better talent wise but i am sure spurs will show up. who knows about the lakers... lakers are going to walk with the #1 seed into the playoffs.

basb
    basb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers all the way! similar to the SAS vs ORL game last week..hahaha

paco

Spurs bench +1
    Spurs Home +1
    Spurs need the game more +1
    Lakers Bynum Out -1
    Lakers or Fakers show up -1
    Gasol a punk -1

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

This is far from a sure thing. It all depends on who shows up and who wants it more. Also the line is up to 2 everywhere except Pinny which is holding at 1 but heavily juiced. Is Pinny telling us something with a -121? I don't recall ever seeing pinny with that much vig. They really don't want to give the Lakers any more than 1.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Spurs are on 6 games in 9 days as mentioned earlier. Lakers are starting a 5 game road trip against good competition and what better way to start the trip than with a win. Gotta go lakers with this one and at +2 even better.

ron8698
    ron8698's Avatar Become A Pro!

I liked the Lakers and like them more after reading this thread , now spread is Lakers +2 ...what does this mean ,,vegas wants you to take Lakers even more ..maybe they like the spurs

ron8698
    ron8698's Avatar Become A Pro!

spread is +2 now Lakers

Goat Milk

Ay Paco,

Bynum beings out as I said is better for LA against SA. Gasol will be on Duncan all day. And Bynum wouldn't be able to Guard Bonner on the perimeter or McDyse from mid range. Bynum being out should help them. Lakers are still bigger than SA without him.

paco

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Ay Paco,

Bynum beings out as I said is better for LA against SA. Gasol will be on Duncan all day. And Bynum wouldn't be able to Guard Bonner on the perimeter or McDyse from mid range. Bynum being out should help them. Lakers are still bigger than SA without him.
    Duncan is not a dirty player or else he woulda punked Gasol all day. I can't wait till Blair comes in and tries to cave in his chest

paco

+ like everyone knows this gsm can go either way. I pulled out my Ginobi and Kobe Jersey and asked my daughter to pick. She pointed Ginobli, so there we go.

QUEST001
    QUEST001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers as a dog im on it...

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game is a coin flip and if you are betting on it this can only be for bragging rights so at the end of outcome you can say see I told you so
    Goodluck though

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Only wish I'd gone bigger here....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    I was discussing this game with a buddie of ours last nite and i am of the same conclusion you are paco. that being said i dont think i will play a side in this game because i like spurs also, but he feels strongly with lakers and i dont make it a habit of fading his opinions if you know what i mean.

the line has not moved yet... my contention was... the lakers will actually lose this game if kobe does not get gasol involved imo. i dont think kobe is going to be able to shoot 25 times and beat the spurs. the line has not moved yet becasue imo kobe is not going to play with gasol or use gasol. if kobe and phil play through gasol the lakers should win this game, but if kobe is a one man show this will be very tight in the end.. aslo you never know how motivated the lakers are. the lakers def are better talent wise but i am sure spurs will show up. who knows about the lakers... lakers are going to walk with the #1 seed into the playoffs.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Like I said before, even if you didn't technically play a side in this one (though I highly doubt you didn't make a 2nd half bet), you hinted your lean, and considering it's your team, that put my mind at ease about this pick.

Given all of that, I'm surprised paco was on SA.

paco

Good call guys. I was on the wrong side on this for 4 units. But hitting spurs 1st half for 1.5 units did take a bit of the sting off. I really like this Spurs team even w/0 Parker and know I will make $ off of em in the playoffs. Do not fade this team too much . Again, congrats to laker backers on tonight

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Good call guys. I was on the wrong side on this for 4 units. But hitting spurs 1st half for 1.5 units did take a bit of the sting off. I really like this Spurs team even w/0 Parker and know I will make $ off of em in the playoffs. Do not fade this team too much . Again, congrats to laker backers on tonight
    Thanks Paco. But really, even though I felt LA was the play, especially after I heard LB's lean and then realised Parker was out, I still think this one was a bit of a coin flip that I came out on the lucky side on.

The Spurs shouldn't be ignored at all during the playoffs. Do I think they're LA calibre? No. But they're a damn good team even with those 'old, tired fogies'. Considering they're all basically younger than me and I've got a baby to mother every day, I'd put my money on those 'senior citizens' being able to handle a game of ball with the big boys.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Thanks Paco. But really, even though I felt LA was the play, especially after I heard LB's lean and then realised Parker was out, I still think this one was a bit of a coin flip that I came out on the lucky side on.

The Spurs shouldn't be ignored at all during the playoffs. Do I think they're LA calibre? No. But they're a damn good team even with those 'old, tired fogies'. Considering they're all basically younger than me and I've got a baby to mother every day, I'd put my money on those 'senior citizens' being able to handle a game of ball with the big boys.

Night, paco and shari. Take care.

Goat Milk

That's what happens when you bet against Kobe Bryant.

First 12