budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1006

Worst call maybe I have ever seen

With one of the greatest of all time....can't get a clear hack to win the game. The league needs to put in replay for the last 2 minutes.

I'm not a big LeBron fan as a person, but give the guy credit for what he has added to the game, and I seriously feel bad for the guy. Normally you say hey bad call, but i mean come on you could see this from the upper deck, the guy had the easiest layup and couldn't get it anywhere near the basket.

Sad

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

You were criticizing Jokic for being demonstrative... looks like he just lost a child in a road accident... get over it, it's just a regular season game. Refs don't respect teams that coast through a stretch then try to flip the switch. That's why the rough calls. Warriors have the same thing some times.

IBetYou

They had that lets coast because our picks will be worth less in the trade market if we have a good record mindset. Now they've spent the picks and the wins suddenly matter a bit more. Better to focus on playing ball and let Pelinka do his job -might have gotten better returns if James hadn't been publicly shaming his GM all season.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You were criticizing Jokic for being demonstrative... looks like he just lost a child in a road accident... get over it, it's just a regular season game. Refs don't respect teams that coast through a stretch then try to flip the switch. That's why the rough calls. Warriors have the same thing some times.
    Get over it? Lol

Yeah lebron..sorry guy. Wish we woulda done better! Your friend, nba referees

budwiser

My take is, referees are far too often influenced by fans

No matter how passionate fans are, if you are a good referee, you call the game even

Lotta these guys want to protect their cushy jobs

budwiser

Another thing i'd like cleaned up are dives for calls

But hey jmo

budwiser

looks like both lebron and davis aren't playing against the nets, so if we're going with the bullshot meter both the celtics and nets benefitted

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    looks like both lebron and davis aren't playing against the nets, so if we're going with the bullshot meter both the celtics and nets benefitted
    James OUT -broken heart
    Davis OUT -doesn't need an excuse at this point

I expect that will be a tough game for the Nets. Lakers will play hard for their coach, and they've got a bit more talent lately..... Schroder/ Bryant/ Westbrick/ Walker/ Hachimura.

budwiser

James OUT -broken heart
    Davis OUT -doesn't need an excuse at this point

I expect that will be a tough game for the Nets. Lakers will play hard for their coach, and they've got a bit more talent lately..... Schroder/ Bryant/ Westbrick/ Walker/ Hachimura.
    loll...true

that's basketball..breaks are key

lakers +320 to win tomorrow no way i'd put $ on lakers ml. unless that's kobe bryant playing tomorrow

i'd like to thank la for the gift game, if it happens

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    [FONT="] [/FONT]

budwiser

budwiser

budwiser

IBetYou

I should say Lakers will play hard for Beverley. That is one unique individual. Effort always increases when he joins a team and always decreases when he leaves. T'Wolves missed him terribly early in the season -just finally beginning to motivate themselves!

IBetYou

I will backtrack on that one anyway ...why was I considering betting players I don't like ;/

Going with the Thunder tonight

budwiser

I will backtrack on that one anyway ...why was I considering betting players I don't like ;/

Going with the Thunder tonight
    sounds good. Go thunder.

re: nets, claxton becoming one of the best centers in the league. frustrated by simmons, who started out like an all-star but is quitting on the team again. out for "knee soreness" after getting hit in the nose. it's too bad if he was playing well the nets would have undoubtedly the best starting lineup in the league-kyrie kd clax simmons o'neale-but, he's not. guy is suing to get his ring back from his girlfriend, and demanded $ from the sixers for not playing, that shows you where his head is at. i was wrong about that guy, not his talent, but his 10-year-old mentality-he's not a man, he's a child. i can hope he grows up, but hoping more that the nets pick up his replacement on the trade deadline-hopefully john collins if not someone else who can add value. they are certainly going to try.

budwiser

I should say Lakers will play hard for Beverley. That is one unique individual. Effort always increases when he joins a team and always decreases when he leaves. T'Wolves missed him terribly early in the season -just finally beginning to motivate themselves!
    yeah effort guys are good for the team. i know you're not a green guy for the warriors, but that guy puts his heart and soul into the game. there's a lot of nba guys that don't.

lake show wants to show up for the game on national tv vs the knix. nothing wrong with that. lakers thought the celtics on national tv was a big game-and they won that game in front of everyone on the celtics court-which is why lebron was upset. that was important to show him, the team, and the world that the lakers are legit. got taken away from him, i'm sure he's embarrassed about his reaction, but everyone understands it. again, i'm not a big lebron fan with his "platform", but I respect him as a man, unlike ben simmons.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5405

There's a good chance LeBrick would have bricked the free throw anyway so no harm no foul!

IBetYou

We'll have to agree to disagree on Claxton. I don't think he's top 30 among centres -several backups better than him, including Okongwu/ Reid/ Richards/ Clarke/ Nance/ Kessler/ Bamba. Even 3rd string centre Willy Hernangomez -MVP of last summer's Eurobasket. NBA is much about opportunity.

budwiser

We'll have to agree to disagree on Claxton. I don't think he's top 30 among centres -several backups better than him, including Okongwu/ Reid/ Richards/ Clarke/ Nance/ Kessler/ Bamba. Even 3rd string centre Willy Hernangomez -MVP of last summer's Eurobasket. NBA is much about opportunity.
    wow....yeah we really disagree on this one. i don't think there's anyone that i know of that doesn't think he's a top 30 center. not sure you've watched him lately. i agree with you the last year's version of clax, but not lately. highest field goal % and blocks in the league (that's all players), gets rebounds. what's new is this guy is scoring now, 20+ points a game

he doesn't put up outside shots and hits 3's like embiid but on a nets team that's the last thing you want is him out there shooting 3s with all the shooting they have\

against knix he only put up 13 points but he had a career high in assists 6, 2nd on the team besides irving's 9

IBetYou

20+ a game lately but 13.2 ppg on the season... 3pt shooting is hugely important at all positions... and as for shot-blocking, that's way overrated; the key is to protect the paint AND get the defensive rebound not block it into the 3rd row or leave the backside vulnerable to a putback. This is what has made Gobert the daddy of the league over the past decade; he contests the drive and he gets the rebound. Claxton is just a glorified Daniel Gafford (don't like him either).

budwiser

yeah the key is lately, not on the season. last few weeks the guy has risen like an eagle, it's been amazing to watch
    i disagree 3 pt shooting is important at all positions. for example yannis-i had bux title the year they won, and i would cringe EVERY time that guy tried to shoot a 3. why? on the nets, they don't have bigs, why do you want this guy anywhere but the paint? someone has to occupy the paint.

he's not your typical center, he's lean. as for gobert and 3 point shootin,g gobert hasn't attempted a 3 point shot in his life. the guy can shoot up to 10 feet from the basket and that's it.

yannis career shoots 29% from 3. crazy that he tries to shoot 3s because he "has to".

budwiser

IBetYou

yeah the key is lately, not on the season. last few weeks the guy has risen like an eagle, it's been amazing to watch
    i disagree 3 pt shooting is important at all positions. for example yannis-i had bux title the year they won, and i would cringe EVERY time that guy tried to shoot a 3. why? on the nets, they don't have bigs, why do you want this guy anywhere but the paint? someone has to occupy the paint.

he's not your typical center, he's lean. as for gobert and 3 point shootin,g gobert hasn't attempted a 3 point shot in his life. the guy can shoot up to 10 feet from the basket and that's it.

yannis career shoots 29% from 3. crazy that he tries to shoot 3s because he "has to".
    yannis is a driver. I'm talking about off ball guys here. The only guy you want occupying the paint is the driver as he's about to slam it home. Gobert & Claxton are the same mold but Gobert is bigger/ better. He rarely gets pushed around. Different level defensively.

IBetYou

I like Bam & Okongwu. These are the new age centres. They don't shoot the three but they're tough and they're excellent in the dho, which mitigates their inability to space the floor.

IBetYou

...Hawks actually have both types of centre on their roster; the dho guy and the run & jump guy. Okongwu will supplant Capela before long

budwiser

...Hawks actually have both types of centre on their roster; the dho guy and the run & jump guy. Okongwu will supplant Capela before long
    yeah capela and okongwu are why john collins doesn't belong on the hawks. they seem to trample over each other. there's little chemistry. the hawks desperately need a shooter

they should trade for both harris and curry and give away collins. but the gm is an *ss who keeps promising to trade collins and never does, hoping without hope he gets max results. as a result the team just sits there and gets nothing done, treading water despite having an elite talent in trey

for centers, yannis gobert capella bam clax, you could go back and forth re: gobert capella bam clax. but...yannis is obviously on another level from all these guys. he is a terror to score every single time he gets the ball. simply a great player, obviously the best center in the league.

johnnygooble
    johnnygooble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1063

Appreciate your very high discussion, but was hoping you wou!d have an analysis of The refs and/or the league. I believe your handicap suffers if u don't recognize this bias. The fact that scott foster is still in the league and officiating important p!ayoff games takes away any credibity that the league isnt tainted. Granted it is better now than under David stern but thought you would have a detailed !ist of refs and there fraudu!ent tendencies.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygooble View Post
    Appreciate your very high discussion, but was hoping you wou!d have an analysis of The refs and/or the league. I believe your handicap suffers if u don't recognize this bias. The fact that scott foster is still in the league and officiating important p!ayoff games takes away any credibity that the league isnt tainted. Granted it is better now than under David stern but thought you would have a detailed !ist of refs and there fraudu!ent tendencies.
    This is an open forum pal. You're free/ welcome to make your contribution.

IBetYou

Personally, I have looked into refs in my handicapping but didn't get anything out of it so stopped. I know sites like covers track refs ATS home/ away, dog/ fav etc.

IBetYou

yeah capela and okongwu are why john collins doesn't belong on the hawks. they seem to trample over each other. there's little chemistry. the hawks desperately need a shooter

they should trade for both harris and curry and give away collins. but the gm is an *ss who keeps promising to trade collins and never does, hoping without hope he gets max results. as a result the team just sits there and gets nothing done, treading water despite having an elite talent in trey

for centers, yannis gobert capella bam clax, you could go back and forth re: gobert capella bam clax. but...yannis is obviously on another level from all these guys. he is a terror to score every single time he gets the ball. simply a great player, obviously the best center in the league.
    Rumour has it the Hawks are resigned to the fact Young is going to leave them in FA. He got Loyd Pierce fired and is now at odds with McMillan -which is not surprising given that the two coaches were close friends! Appears the Murray signing over the summer was actually done to replace Young. Hawks have a deep team but nothing special.

Even Young isn't special since the rule changes -the highlight of his career so far was that series where they upset the Sixers, and then came the rule changes that very summer. Hawks flopped the following season. Coincidence?!

IBetYou

All these ball dominant shooting guards in the league are struggling. Blazers never learned from the Warriors. They traded McCollum when they should have traded Nurkic. You can get a decent centre on the cheap, you can't get a top shooting/ scoring guard cheaply. I think they've realised their error now but too late. Only solution is to trade Lillard. He's not a lead guy anymore... a good #2 for someone like Doncic.

budwiser

Rumour has it the Hawks are resigned to the fact Young is going to leave them in FA. He got Loyd Pierce fired and is now at odds with McMillan -which is not surprising given that the two coaches were close friends! Appears the Murray signing over the summer was actually done to replace Young. Hawks have a deep team but nothing special.

Even Young isn't special since the rule changes -the highlight of his career so far was that series where they upset the Sixers, and then came the rule changes that very summer. Hawks flopped the following season. Coincidence?!
    Agree with your take. Nothing special. 0 chance they can win a title, what is this team doing. gm is an idiot, been trying to trade collins for years. if as you said trey is losing interest, that adds to collins definitely losing interest/wants a trade, you have to wonder where the head of this team is at. they are now at .500 won some games recently so i guess this gm thinks they can make a push...i guess in the nba you need teams to exist going nowhere. somebody's got to be .500

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygooble View Post
    stern age: corrupt referees. stern chooses the refs. make sure national tv games are close, go down to the last 2 minutes. yachts and big $ for everyone.

silver age: nobody is allowed to play defense. women referees. inconsistent reffing, you don't know what you're going to get night in and out.

personally i'd love them to get some consistency so we don't have to focus on the referees. certainly that non-call against lebron, i have seen a lot of basketball games everyone knows lebron is not going to miss a cherry layup off the backboard. i guess refs make mistakes

overall i'm much happier with the referees, though they allow 0 defense i'm just happy they are not corrupt. i'm certain donaghy was just the tip of the iceberg. there used to be a joke if kobe complained about refereeing you can be sure he'd get all the calls next game, pick the kobe over

12 Last