IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16107

40K is chump change to Edwards... do you not know how much he makes?

And do you not find it a coincidence that Mazzulla is black?! I didn't introduce race into this. Adam Silver did and the Celtics followed suit -perhaps influenced by Irving calling them racists.

Get your facts straight before you go telling people to check their facts ...or chill out/ take it easy

IBetYou

Here you go... I have taken the time to produce a reference (as if I penetrating work here!) for my sparring partner. I wasn't making it up. It's actually common knowlege in NBA circles.

Celtics' Jaylen Brown Discusses Need for Black Head Coaches, Social Justice, More | News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown told his team's front office that hiring a Black head coach to take the place of Brad Stevens was important.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

^^ So you're saying Jaylen Brown hired Udoka? You do know that the Celtics tried to trade Brown. Do you really think Jaylen Brown has that much pull in NBA front offices? Silver didn't interject race. Leonard and Edwards introduced it by making dumb comments. Silver tends to treat players fairly, no matter what color they are. You're trying to somehow infer the Edwards was treated better than Leonard but the actual facts do not line up with what you're saying. Then you added that Brad Stevens stepped down so that he could hire a black man. That is also wrong. The players loved Stevens, he was tired of coaching and wanted a front office role. They searched for a replacement and went with Udoka who was with the Nets organization. The same Nets who the Celtics tried to trade Brown too.

And Myers Leonard has made $60M in 9 years in the NBA. That fine is chump change for most NBA players, even rookies on a minimum deal. Not sure why you're trying to make this about race?? My facts are facts.

I still contend that the Celtics should not have made this public. Apparently Udoka and Nia Long were separated before the affair, if true, that really is bullshit. Also, why would the VPs wife be also employed by the Celtics? Nepotism? That smells fishy.

Mac4Lyfe

Check facts???? You are speculating and posting false information. Are you going to admit that you were wrong when you said 1 - Meyers was suspended HALF A SEASON? 2 - he was blackballed? And 3 - that Stevens stepped down so they could hire a black coach?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I could of sworn it was ESPN.... but Stevens said he stepped down (from coaching) because the team wasn't "responding to him".... wasn't showing the effort. He could tell in the huddle during timeouts and in the locker room. Stevens said he was going to resign and leave Boston. The team owner(s) said he wanted Stevens to be in the Front Office.... and in a way Stevens was surprised by this... but accepted the offer. Because... he didn't think the owner(s) would respect his decision by resigning as the head coach.

Mac4Lyfe

Ainge and Steven’s knew for months that he was moving on and Steven’s would join the front office. They waited until they lost the last playoff game. The team was not responding to Steven’s, I think because Steven’s is a tough task master who relies on rugged, tough defense and their offense suffered. Steven’s admitted that the NBA bubble took a lot out of him. That was a horrible time for most coaches and players.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/cel...ng-danny-ainge
    "There was a shock, and I'm told from top down within the roster, guys really don't know how to take it," Charania said, as seen in the video above. "They don't know how to feel about the changes immediately, but I think there is an understanding that Brad Stevens made clear as well as the organization that there needs to be a new coach, a new person, a fresh voice to provide accountability and provide a different type of guidance to this roster."

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I could of sworn it was ESPN.... but Stevens said he stepped down (from coaching) because the team wasn't "responding to him".... wasn't showing the effort. He could tell in the huddle during timeouts and in the locker room. Stevens said he was going to resign and leave Boston. The team owner(s) said he wanted Stevens to be in the Front Office.... and in a way Stevens was surprised by this... but accepted the offer. Because... he didn't think the owner(s) would respect his decision by resigning as the head coach.
    Yes, that's how I remember it. The front office role was essentially a counter offer. Guy was in his early 40s when he stepped down -you don't quit coaching at that age just from being "worn down" ffs.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Check facts???? You are speculating and posting false information. Are you going to admit that you were wrong when you said 1 - Meyers was suspended HALF A SEASON? 2 - he was blackballed? And 3 - that Stevens stepped down so they could hire a black coach?
    I said we were both wrong about the suspension earlier. You said he wasn't suspended at all and I said he was half the season... It's really inconsequential whether it was half a season or a week; he hasn't played an NBA game since!!! If the Thunder had him now he'd be their best centre. Favors is totally washed-up, Muscala is too slow, JRE is undersized. Not to mention there's guys like Robin Lopez collecting a check. I was pointing to double-standard, be it race or star-power. I'm not really interested in arguing the finer details or giving references -I don't bloody work here!

IBetYou

You see it all the time, if you follow pro basketball, a coach quits because he "needs a break" and then a few months later he's magically recovered and coaching another team. NBA and WNBA. Both player's leagues.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

that ***** gay. they wont release which bytch it is. so it got to be a guy.
    if it was the wife of celtcs vp he should have been fired yesterday. and only female staff member came out and said it aint her. that ***** fruity. look at it this way, what black head coach stay with the same old fiance whos 50 and like 6 years older than him after getting the big job? fruitcake buzziness

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

another. boston is known for bein very catholic/christian value so they are very anti gay. it would be a big news if the head coach of the proud celts is afruit. is that it?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11750

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Ime call me

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14260

Manny call me when you hang up.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24793

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Ime call me
    LOL, manolo. Have a great day, pal.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24793

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Ime call me
    "Manolo...shoot that piece of chit"

IBetYou

Going after Terry Stotts to be their top assistant now... If you were a former coach of vast experience why would you take that job and let some vastly underqualified guy get all the credit if it works? One thing if it's a class act like Larry Bird or Steve Nash, but some random woman beater hmmm GL

First ... 2345