VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20121

Felony charges filed against Charlotte Hornets' Miles Bridges for domestic violence,

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ce-child-abuse

Full Title: Felony charges filed against Charlotte Hornets' Miles Bridges for domestic violence, child abuse

LOS ANGELES -- Charlotte Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges is facing three felony domestic violence charges after being accused of assaulting his girlfriend in front of their two children last month, the Los Angeles County district attorney said Tuesday.

District Attorney George Gascon said his office filed one felony count of injuring a child's parent and two felony counts of child abuse under circumstances or conditions likely to cause great bodily injury or death. According to the DA's release, the case "includes an allegation of causing great bodily injury on the domestic violence victim." The DA's release noted that the children were present for the alleged assault but did not otherwise specify what the child abuse counts stemmed from.

Bridges is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

"Domestic violence creates physical, mental and emotional trauma that has a lasting impact on survivors," Gascon said. "Children who witness family violence are especially vulnerable and the impact on them is immeasurable."

Bridges was arrested June 29 by Los Angeles police and was later released on $130,000 bond.

The Hornets and the NBA both said they were aware of the charges filed against Bridges, with the league noting it is investigating the allegations.

"These are very serious charges that we will continue to monitor,'' the Hornets said. "As this is a legal matter, we will have no further comment at this time.''

Bridges' agent, Rich Paul, could not immediately be reached by The Associated Press for comment on Tuesday night.

Mychelle Johnson, the mother of Bridges' two young children, posted several pictures on Instagram on July 1 of what appeared to be injuries and a medical report that read "adult victim of physical abuse by male partner; Assault by strangulation, Brain concussion; Closed fracture of nasal bone; Contusion of rib; Multiple bruises; Strain of neck muscle."

She did not mention Bridges by name, but wrote on Instagram: "I hate that it has come to this but I can't be silent anymore. I've allowed someone to destroy my home, abuse me in every way possible and traumatize our kids for life. I have nothing to prove to the world, but I won't allow anyone who could do something so horrible to have no remorse and paint a picture of something I'm not. I won't allow the people around him to continue to silence me and continue to lie to protect this person."

The LAPD said at the time of Bridges' arrest that it does not release police reports on domestic violence arrests. The case remains under investigation by the West Los Angeles Branch of the LAPD.

The 6-foot-7, 225-pound Bridges was the Hornets' leading scorer last season, averaging 20.2 points and seven rebounds in his fourth NBA season. The Hornets had extended Bridges a qualifying offer prior to his arrest, which allows them a chance to match any offer sheet made by another team.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20121

LA District Attorney Gascan is very soft on crimes committed by blacks. Charges will be reduced or dropped completely.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Black lives matter guy, this will be gone in a week. Lebron will probably run to his aid, tell him how to fake a hate crime to get him back in it. Put the blm bandaid on it, it will be fine. Bron bron knows when to use it and when not too. He will coach, it will turn out better next time.

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

He's ruining his rap career lol

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Nate rasta
    Update your status

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

whats new another scumbag

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4499

GBI conviction in California gets a enhancement and a Strike if convicted ..

But he’s a rich Brotha and Lebrom will represent him so he’ll most
    Likely get time served

jjgold

These guys just love
    Violence

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

Poor man's Julius Randle. Just saved the Hornets from themselves -they were going to pay him near max I think.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    GBI conviction in California gets a enhancement and a Strike if convicted ..

But he’s a rich Brotha and Lebrom will represent him so he’ll most
    Likely get time served
    Gascon won't file enhancements or strike felonies.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    He's ruining his rap career lol
    Ruining? Shit he just went from Gold to Platinum.

Black women love nothing more than getting the shit kicked out of them by their men.

IBetYou

He's pled guilty on all 3 accounts, yet the Hornets haven't pulled their qualifying offer.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Once you go black, you get smacked.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    He's pled guilty on all 3 accounts, yet the Hornets haven't pulled their qualifying offer.
    Say it ain't so bro!

jjgold

they will

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    they will
    I;d be surprised, barring a lengthy prison sentence. He's an asset. Just like China, in spite of their anti-LGBT stance and human rights abuses, are an asset. NBA and their teams don't throw away assets.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

This guy should be executed…fukk him

jjgold

Bridges will be back living with girl this week I bet

Women wack jobs

Adding…

I just read the report he beat the hell out of her how does he not get at least five years in prison there’s no way he can play in the NBA if this is true
    Last edited by jjgold; 07-21-22 at 09:01 AM.

IBetYou

The NBA will give him a suspension for sure, but that wont deter teams from signing him to a big contract.

Very embarrassing for the woke NBA to have teams falling over themselves trying to sign a wife/ girl beater. Meanwhile Kanter on FOX News every odd day calling them out for saying it ok to talk politics but only when it's not bad for business

jjgold

I don’t know about this case this is bad

IBetYou

Jason Kidd beat his wife. People are fickle. The Hornets will say they love him for who he really is, and say he just needs a anger management course. Fans will eat it up.

jjgold

Times are way different now

Jason Kidd beat his wife. People are fickle. The Hornets will say they love him for who he really is, and say he just needs a anger management course. Fans will eat it up.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Once you go black, you get smacked.
    Stop it. Men have been beating women since the beginning of time. Every day, guys are bashing their wives but we only get outraged when it's an athlete. MLB has had much more domestic violence issues than Football and Basketball combined but you focus on color. Athletes are not role models. Why should we care? If a guy can play and they're not in jail, teams are going go after them. Bridges is a pretty good player that would be a nice upgrade for several teams. Hope he gets his act together.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

State prison likely

jjgold

Why would these guys risk so much money to hit a woman are they that damaged mentally

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153168

so it looks like this guy will be back in the league soon

and they wonder why no one watches the NBA

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

unreal if this guy gets signed, what's wrong with our criminal justice system to lenient on people serve no jail time just probation beating up his wife what a pos hope karma gets him and he falls off a cliff

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

NFL players love to beat on their wives. Nothing to see here..

National Felons League..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-24-22 at 11:15 AM.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

He was always a wasteman

jjgold

Pathetic

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766