JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You can't come back Johnny. Keep that in mind until the playoffs are over.
    at this pace, it could be a potential month

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Johnny your knocked out see your football season

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Johnny your knocked out see your football season
    Mush moment right here, watch.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11350

Hate repeating myself but these picks have no reasoning. Not sure why they’re bumped up so much. Let the thread die without actual reasoning behind the pick. It’s why people laugh at SBR.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Agreed, these threads with nothing but "on it" are just annoying and like a daily spam attack. Enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    Hate repeating myself but these picks have no reasoning. Not sure why they’re bumped up so much. Let the thread die without actual reasoning behind the pick. It’s why people laugh at SBR.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Agreed, these threads with nothing but "on it" are just annoying and like a daily spam attack. Enough already.
    Cheers. I’ve been saying it for months now. There’s literally no reasoning other than posters going at each other. It’s a joke but the top people love the back and forth. Actual logic behind Lakerboy and this dudes picks is 0. They all argue with each other. It used to work back in the day possibly but it’s old now. Bring some actual substance to the pick to drive more traffic to the site.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Cheers. I’ve been saying it for months now. There’s literally no reasoning other than posters going at each other. It’s a joke but the top people love the back and forth. Actual logic behind Lakerboy and this dudes picks is 0. They all argue with each other. It used to work back in the day possibly but it’s old now. Bring some actual substance to the pick to drive more traffic to the site.
    Relax. I've given reasons with writeups. Johnny ISN'T betting these. He just wakes up and posts it.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Well i don't necessarily need reasoning to tail a poster, if they win or if i know more or less why they're betting - whether it be line movement or something else, I'll tail him. What's kind of annoying about Johnny's picks is that he simply picks underdogs just to be contrarian

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Relax. I've given reasons with writeups. Johnny ISN'T betting these. He just wakes up and posts it.
    But he's lovable, that counts for something, no?

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

I remember a few of your write-ups from a few years back where you were putting down $1 million. Were you taking those bets?

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JacketFan81 View Post
    I remember a few of your write-ups from a few years back where you were putting down $1 million. Were you taking those bets?
    Yep. They’re both a joke and have absolutely 0 idea on what goes in to actually sports betting.

JayDr3am
    Handi

johnny dont you have +900 ticket on golden state to win it all???????

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    You’re feeding in to it. Let these “sports betters” threads end with their “picks.”

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

I disagree with needing to give explanations to every pick. It’s not anyones responsibility to sell a pick to another poster. Any game you could give 50 stats for one team or the other. Sometimes those stats aren’t even the reason for the win. Plus in the end if I said “oh it’s a Tuesday and the Celtics win on Tuesdays” and I then proceeded to go 6-0 would that be skill? But the real question would be would it really matter? A winner is a winner

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!

I hope he hedged that one.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I disagree with needing to give explanations to every pick. It’s not anyones responsibility to sell a pick to another poster. Any game you could give 50 stats for one team or the other. Sometimes those stats aren’t even the reason for the win. Plus in the end if I said “oh it’s a Tuesday snd the Celtics win on Tuesdays and I then proceeded to go 6-0 would that be skill? But the real question would be would it really matter? A winner is a winner
    You’re missing the point. It’s the same posters threads over and over again who are losing that are being bumped to the top. Why not for a change there is some actual reasoning for a pick being bumped up? Because Lakerboy and Johnny need to e-fight lol? This forum is a mess to us that actually do this for a living.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

You’re missing the point. It’s the same posters threads over and over again who are losing that are being bumped to the top. Why not for a change there is some actual reasoning for a pick being bumped up? Because Lakerboy and Johnny need to e-fight lol? This forum is a mess to us that actually do this for a living.
    But if they are losing that gives you info too.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    On it
    Shake it off, John. My only question:

*Do you think Gold St is good enuf to come back in this series?

And if do, which player needs to step up?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Shake it off, John. My only question:

*Do you think Gold St is good enuf to come back in this series?

And if do, which player needs to step up?
    Since he can't answer I will
    No.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by JacketFan81 View Post
    I hope he hedged that one.
    i mean if he has a +900 ticket on golden state winning it all, he should be finding spots where the celtics win. we all know this is going to game 7.

johnny stop betting golden state and only bet celtic spots you psychopath. or dont even bet at all till game 7 for the hedge opportunity.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Guy can’t pick his undies out of his asshole.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

But troll cal johnson will pull them out with his teeth, the 5 or 6 he has left

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Ok bye

U know dubs r winning

U want a break I’ll give u one
    Bye!

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

the warriors look like the heat the second time against spurs in '14. old, can't defend, banged up. the run is over. nice run no doubt thanks to the KD years...

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No need to go to extremes Lakerboy and Johnny.

I'd miss either one of you clowns if you bailed out on SBR!.. May the best man win but no need to leave the forum if you lose. COME ON MAN!

Good riddance if they do

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

i mean if he has a +900 ticket on golden state winning it all, he should be finding spots where the celtics win. we all know this is going to game 7.

johnny stop betting golden state and only bet celtic spots you psychopath. or dont even bet at all till game 7 for the hedge opportunity.
    I don't know if you could say "we all know this is going game 7", there's not really indication of that beside the league trying to fix it. It looks to me boston ist he superior team, and if it goes as planned, series should end in less than 6 games in boston favor.

What he should of done with +900 warriors ticket is simple hedging boston series price before the game 1 starts, secure easy +500 win.. simple.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

On it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by sk0002 View Post
    I don't know if you could say "we all know this is going game 7", there's not really indication of that beside the league trying to fix it. It looks to me boston ist he superior team, and if it goes as planned, series should end in less than 6 games in boston favor.

What he should of done with +900 warriors ticket is simple hedging boston series price before the game 1 starts, secure easy +500 win.. simple.
    this did not age well.

i still stand on what i said. this is going to game 7

sk0002

this did not age well.

i still stand on what i said. this is going to game 7

Whatever you said don’t really matter, it’s that you said with such conviction like it’s guaranteed to go 7 when there’s no such thing in world of sports, it could go 7 and easily could also end in 6 as it stands now.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by sk0002 View Post
    Whatever you said don’t really matter, it’s that you said with such conviction like it’s guaranteed to go 7 when there’s no such thing in world of sports, it could go 7 and easily could also end in 6 as it stands now.
    and what you replied with also didnt matter lol you said if the series goes "as planned" this series would be over less than 6. maybe were not watching the same game or series. idk what you are seeing to think this series is over less than 6 games.

& i was kind of saying it facetiously but also with conviction cause its what i genuinely believe. i said nothing about a guarantee. having a feeling golden state is gonna steal a game like boston did is a big indication. cause now its 1-1-1 and would i be surprised if golden state win at home and boston win their home game or vice versa? absolutely not

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

congrats Johnny

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

nice win Johnny

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Thx guys this was gm 3 tho

sk0002

Originally Posted by sk0002
    and what you replied with also didnt matter lol you said if the series goes "as planned" this series would be over less than 6. maybe were not watching the same game or series. idk what you are seeing to think this series is over less than 6 games.
    & i was kind of saying it facetiously but also with conviction cause its what i genuinely believe. i said nothing about a guarantee. having a feeling golden state is gonna steal a game like boston did is a big indication. cause now its 1-1-1 and would i be surprised if golden state win at home and boston win their home game or vice versa? absolutely not

I said if goes as planned, I said “if”, there’s no such suggestion that my prediction was a guarantee… what you said however sound more like a Guarantee to me, “we all know”, no we didn’t know all know that, anything could happen...simple as that.
    Last edited by sk0002; 06-11-22 at 10:08 AM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    But if they are losing that gives you info too.
    No, it really doesn't.

Stevex is lying when he says he's a bettor. He thinks a "write up" at SBR will carry more meaning than no "write up" because he doesn't know what's meaningful or not.

There hasn't been a meaningful write up anywhere at SBR, unless you count my no vig market comparisons. I constantly test the Forum, I put out information that can make a bettor a winning bettor, or at least have him lose less, and then I can put out information that sounds good, but means far less.

SBR posters end up liking the entertainment, even call trivial information "knowledgeable", and at the same time have no idea what to do with the actual winning information, even when it's explained. Very few posters know the difference, very few care.

The gambling IQ at SBR is very, very low. Posters like Stevex help to bring it down as well, by looking for reasoning behind plays that don't consider the price being paid, margins, offered, etc. But again, very few care. They want to be entertained at SBR, and will die on that hill, because it is too hard to pursue anything deeper in sportsbetting for the vast majority.

We can hardly blame the posters, like I always say, it's not that they don't know, it's that so much of what they know is wrong. Since so many of these posters have so much to prove, whatever their reason, it makes learning impossible.

In the end, writeups are far more helpful to the poster, as opposed to the reader. The answer is definitely not asking thread starters like Johnny to post his logic, no matter how sound it might be.

First 123 Last