Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    I agree w this

If u like dubs grab today
    GSW cleared Boston by just 2 games to eek out home court advantage...

Tell you wut.. looks to me like Game 1 is a bargain, I grabbed it 2-3 hours ago..
    Series I already have at -150 and -160. I think this would be a correct line if Boston had HC.
    With the Warriors on HC, Boston is clearly being overestimated. They were fortunate to even win last night.
    If they didn't get out to such a big lead early, Heat were going to put them away late.
    And the Heat are a very incomplete basketball team.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let’s not forget Boston is beat up

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

NBA sweep 4-0 bet is like the Super Bowl safety bet. A long shot underdog bet that can happen once every 10 years.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    NBA sweep 4-0 bet is like the Super Bowl safety bet. A long shot underdog bet that can happen once every 10 years.
    Agree w this it won’t b a sweep

Dubs 4-1 at best but might take 6 or 7

Snowball

anyone have early lines on those ? I am thinking about grabbing some 4-0 and 4-1.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    GSW cleared Boston by just 2 games to eek out home court advantage...

Tell you wut.. looks to me like Game 1 is a bargain, I grabbed it 2-3 hours ago..
    Series I already have at -150 and -160. I think this would be a correct line if Boston had HC.
    With the Warriors on HC, Boston is clearly being overestimated. They were fortunate to even win last night.
    If they didn't get out to such a big lead early, Heat were going to put them away late.
    And the Heat are a very incomplete basketball team.
    If they hadn't gotten out to such a big lead, they would've played the 4th quarter a lot differently. In other words, we don't really know how things would've played out had the lead been marginal. Gamblers always seem to make this false assumption that what they saw is how things would've shaken out in every scenario and that's just not the case. Without a doubt there was a sense of complacency with BOS late and it almost bit them in the ass. They were just trying to nurse their lead to the finish line.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    If they hadn't gotten out to such a big lead, they would've played the 4th quarter a lot differently. In other words, we don't really know how things would've played out had the lead been marginal. Gamblers always seem to make this false assumption that what they saw is how things would've shaken out in every scenario and that's just not the case. Without a doubt there was a sense of complacency with BOS late and it almost bit them in the ass. They were just trying to nurse their lead to the finish line.
    What you call complacency I call just plain not good enough. Was it complacency that lost Game 6?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

What you call complacency I call just plain not good enough. Was it complacency that lost Game 6?
    "Not good enough" got them to the Finals. Winning 4 out of 7 games with a home court disadvantage isn't a fluke.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Move on. Recency bias is why Vegas was built.

jjgold

We are all just guessing never ever forget this

We win and we lose eventually who wins???????

JUICE WINS

johnnyvegas13

Laker do u actually think Boston wins or just re to b a contrarian???

I think it would take an injury or something to tip the scale

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Laker do u actually think Boston wins or just re to b a contrarian???

I think it would take an injury or something to tip the scale
    I think Boston will have a great chance to win the series at home in game 6.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I've been clear for well over a month that I believe GSW is winning it all.
    I don't even think the Celtics would have beaten the Bucks if Middleton was playing.

johnnyvegas13

In that scenario u can bet dubs will win both 6 and 7

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Warriors in five.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Solid post.
    It made me take notice.
    After reading your post a second time I was like, "impressive post"
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This Boston team is actually very dangerous when they REALLY TURN IT UP. How they go through pregame... and never show up during some of these games... I'll never understand it. They are one balanced basketball team. Even more balanced than G.S. in my opinion. G.S. has more Finals playoff experience though. Boston has zero.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Not changing my mind that Boston will win it all. Defense wins championships Boston has more grit in my opinion. They just beat arguably the best coach in the league. Against a scrappy squad. Poole and klay are all that matter here. If they don’t show up Warriors are fuked.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Warriors in five.
    It's not going to be that easy, this series won't be decided until game six at the earliest.
    I'm not naïve, there's this conspiracy part of me that believes that professional sports is a business first, sports and entertainment second, which can and probably is manipulated to squeeze out every possible dollar.

The longer the series goes, the more cash for everybody, the league, both owners and players alike, the networks, marketers, advertisers, etc.

Know this, when there's nothing left to say or do, when it's all said and done, it's always about the money.
    The bottom line is the bottom line, and the business of business, is business, (Feel free to add your age old tireless business adage)

Like I mentioned, it's not going to be that easy for either side. GSW is going to face a rock solid defensive unit for at least four games.
    Conversely, Boston has to face for four consecutive games (at least) a team that has the talent that can score eleven points in a span of forty seconds.

I'm 50% old school that meets 50% new school.
    I'm one of a few hybrids in school the was half geek/nerd and half jock.
    I played the game, not hoops, I'm only 5' 8", but other sports.

I've been preaching for years, good defense, will usually beat good offense.
    I said *usually*

The geek analysis side of me has proven that defense usually beats offense.
    The jock side of me that was a scholastic baseball catcher has enough first hand experience to know that (in baseball) good pitching and defense will usually shut down a good offense.

17 of the past 25 MLB championships were won with the team with the better pitching and defense.
    Those are facts, not my opinion.

I'm going to make a small, 1* play based on my philosophy (some would say 'putting your money where your mouth is") and bet Boston at +130 to win the series. since I have only three books these days, +130 is the best price I can get, and since it's a small bet, I'm not funding a new book to save two dollars if they're offering Boston at say +132.

Plus, looking at the both sides +130/-150. I asked myself "where is the value"?
    The perceived value as I see it is in Boston, not a lot, but there's value.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Good take Nasher. ^. State in 6

lakerboy

Two plays so far

Boston 4-2+475(1*) available at betonline
    Boston-1.5 games +200(2*)

The series price basically has told me that the books don't respect the Warriors ability to get shots off in the series. Curry survived in the finals before because they had more and KD.

3 best players in this series are

Jaylen Brown
    Curry
    Tatum

Smart deletes Green and gives Curry issues.
    Klay Thompson is not the player he was. Sure he can go off vs teams that don't move as quick as Boston.

My suggestion would be totally forget the heat series. Mia brings you to the style they like. GSW can't win that way here. Boston can match any style the Warriors throw out. I might take Boston series if they lose the first game.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Do they steal Game 1, or Game 2?

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Do they steal Game 1, or Game 2?
    I'm not sure tbh. I can see them losing both over there.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Not changing my mind that Boston will win it all. Defense wins championships Boston has more grit in my opinion. They just beat arguably the best coach in the league. Against a scrappy squad. Poole and klay are all that matter here. If they don’t show up Warriors are fuked.
    It sure does. Usually. And........the Warriors are rather good on defense. Payton coming back. They have the young players really playing D. Kuminga, Looney, Wiggins, Porter, etc. Of course, Green too. I wouldn't sell them short thinking they are just an offensive team. Even Klay and Curry played D in that Dallas series.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Two plays so far

Boston 4-2+475(1*) available at betonline
    Boston-1.5 games +200(2*)

The series price basically has told me that the books don't respect the Warriors ability to get shots off in the series. Curry survived in the finals before because they had more and KD.

3 best players in this series are

Jaylen Brown
    Curry
    Tatum

Smart deletes Green and gives Curry issues.
    Klay Thompson is not the player he was. Sure he can go off vs teams that don't move as quick as Boston.

My suggestion would be totally forget the heat series. Mia brings you to the style they like. GSW can't win that way here. Boston can match any style the Warriors throw out. I might take Boston series if they lose the first game.
    Fade

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

If you look at these odds closely it's very evident that the Warriors are going to struggle in this series.
    Could Just be a sharp line, as in gsw by 1

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

If you look at MVP odds and the fact no guard has won since Kobe in 2010, one could read the tea leaves and believe Curry is finally going to add that feather to his cap. One could easily gather Tatum’s odds are consistent with it being a forward’s league as well.

The books are masters of deceit, I would say they have successfully installed (series) odds that suggests an uneasy feeling about the warriors and Curry continuing his insane playoff series win %.

I have a hunch that the series ends in 5 or 7. History tends to repeat itself.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    If you look at MVP odds and the fact no guard has won since Kobe in 2010, one could read the tea leaves and believe Curry is finally going to add that feather to his cap. One could easily gather Tatum’s odds are consistent with it being a forward’s league as well.

The books are masters of deceit, I would say they have successfully installed (series) odds that suggests an uneasy feeling about the warriors and Curry continuing his insane playoff series win %.

I have a hunch that the series ends in 5 or 7. History tends to repeat itself.
    Marcus Smart was the value play on the MVP. His odds dropped big Time.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

Marcus Smart was the value play on the MVP. His odds dropped big Time.
    ESPN stats state when Smart has guarded Curry, warriors have had thier second worst offensive efficiency.

I think it’s great, Curry is going to have to prove his name belongs in a finals MVP, and not have it handed to him

Also with a Finals MVP, would join an illustrious list of seven players who have been named MVP of the Finals, MVP of regular season and won a scoring title: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal and Wilt Chamberlain.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Celtics -180 now...

johnnyvegas13

Dubs win gm 2

lakerboy

No one wants the Warriors at+150. Lol

jjgold

You got a remember Boston play the greatest fourth quarter in playoff history never forget that

lakerboy

I also remember that Steph Curry had the greatest first quarter in playoff history.

johnnyvegas13

+160 a solid bet right now

First 1234 Last