Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Heat -105 to win the East

not having skin in the game since I hedged out of that Boston bet (with profit)
    I just think Miami is going to take it now. Smart is in bad shape. Lots of reasons.
    I don't see Boston winning 3 more games against Miami.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Boston are like Tampa bay, hard to bet against them after a loss, I think if you like heat for series then it's better to bet after this game, interesting to see how butler goes as heat of course are downplaying his knee

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

OK let’s see what happens snowball

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Boston are like Tampa bay, hard to bet against them after a loss, I think if you like heat for series then it's better to bet after this game, interesting to see how butler goes as heat of course are downplaying his knee
    I didn't expect the Heat to win last night. That's why I took series. So why did I take this before game?
    Celtics injuries and lack of reliability.
    It's not a big bet at all, just daily size anyway.
    Warriors is my big bet already won, and I like them to win it all.
    Line hasn't changed much here. No reason to add. Heat just have to win both at home.
    I admit it could go either way. Both teams have issues.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Line hasn't changed much? Heat are+155 now and"just" winning both games at home will be extremely hard. I would be surprised if the heat win another game in this series.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Line hasn't changed much? Heat are+155 now and"just" winning both games at home will be extremely hard. I would be surprised if the heat win another game in this series.
    I think it does 7 Lake show. toss up game 7?

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Tatum is the key

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I don't think the difference between +155 and -105 is all that much to pay for the shot at going up 3-1 last night.
    It didn't happen but the bet is still 50/50 regardless since Heat have HC adv.

If you want to take Celtics for series right now, then say so...
    sounds like you have a strong lean on them.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I don't think the difference between +155 and -105 is all that much to pay for the shot at going up 3-1 last night.
    It didn't happen but the bet is still 50/50 regardless since Heat have HC adv.

If you want to take Celtics for series right now, then say so...
    sounds like you have a strong lean on them.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    d2.

The function of a line is to induce wagering.
    It does not create a rift in the space/time continuum and influence reality.

MiDNiTe

Yeah I have too much on Boston, I have a belief that their roster is really good and keep adding more money on it so if they lose series il be in deep shit, the time is now for Tatum to prove he can step up big and make his team the top dogs of the east

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

d2.

The function of a line is to induce wagering.
    It does not create a rift in the space/time continuum and influence reality.
    Neither does your personal opinion.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Tatum is soft, if his shot isn't falling he can't contribute let alone dominate through other facets of the game. Boston has to play around him in order to win since he can't rly do much else besides shoot

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Tatum is soft, if his shot isn't falling he can't contribute let alone dominate through other facets of the game. Boston has to play around him in order to win since he can't rly do much else besides shoot
    wtf

He can be inconsistent, but this rest of this take is bunk.

Easy-Rider 66

NBA as a whole is soft in general compared to yesteryear. Tatum one of the best players in today's game imo. Is what it is?

shadymcgrady

All the greats were able to dominate the game if scoring wasn't in the cards that day either through defense, facilitating, controlling tempo, etc.

Tatum brings nothing to the table outside of scoring and it's reliant upon shooting. Not driving, not post play just pure length and shots. Even curry hits cold spells as great a shooter as he is, Tatum not in that class.

I'm guessing most of the posters here never laced up in their lives, overweight and uncoordinated

Easy-Rider 66

All the greats were able to dominate the game if scoring wasn't in the cards that day either through defense, facilitating, controlling tempo, etc.

Tatum brings nothing to the table outside of scoring and it's reliant upon shooting. Not driving, not post play just pure length and shots. Even curry hits cold spells as great a shooter as he is, Tatum not in that class.

I'm guessing most of the posters here never laced up in their lives, overweight and uncoordinated
    so you equate a guy like Tatum to Carmelo?

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    shady can answer that but Melo in his prime ? I'd take him over Tatum.

Easy-Rider 66

shady can answer that but Melo in his prime ? I'd take him over Tatum.
    no way Snow totally disagree.

Snowball

no way Snow totally disagree.
    I suppose the argument could go either way, but remember Carmelo played in a tougher league
    and his stats...

https://www.basketball-reference.com...anthoca01.html

Easy-Rider 66

I suppose the argument could go either way, but remember Carmelo played in a tougher league
    and his stats...

https://www.basketball-reference.com...anthoca01.html
    yeah agree to disagree Snow. I never really liked Carmelo's game as I thought he was all about stats. Tougher league yeah but not on the level with Bird and Jordan in their prime.

shadymcgrady

That's not a bad comparison even though they are very different players. Melo was a one on one bruiser that liked to use physicality on both ends of the floor with a quick first step on offense.

Tatum much softer, reminds me more of tmac than melo but overall impact pretty close. Tatum still young so perhaps he can leave a better legacy than melo. So far Tatums only big moment is getting blocked by a shorter bam adebayo on a game/series clinching dunk

MiDNiTe

Expecting a huge game from Tatum, guys approaching his peak years and got to prove why he's 1st team all nba

Snowball

After Boston beat down Miami in Gm 5, I abandoned this, but looking over my positions, I'm actually still net Heat. I flipped at least twice in this series. That is unusual for me, but this has been an unusual series!

So, here after Miami beat Boston last night in Boston, the Heat are +120 which is higher than the -105 before they lost Game 5. I'm not surprised, as most still expect Boston to advance, and home court has meant nothing at all this series.

My Golden State future was 4x as much as this series. Looking over my positions here, $372 in bets, I will end up netting $16 in profit if Miami wins, and losing $98 if Boston wins.I really don't have a lean on Game 7 at all. It's a pure black or red. I also don't really care which team wins. I took some Golden State to win the Championship last week, but not much. My intention is to take a lot more after Game 1. Which team is the more favorable opponent for the Warriors? Your guess is as good as mine, but probably the Heat. That's because Boston is faster and Al Horford holds them together on defense. I'm not worried about Tatum, Brown and Smart much. The Warriors present solid matchups against them -- and Tatum and Brown just don't possess a high enough level of playmaking to counter Golden State. Smart is relatively slow, and a little injured. I would wait, just in case Boston wins the first game at home. It is a Finals so that would not surprise me. The Heat's only threat to Golden State is Butler. There is little doubt that Golden State would implement a plan to let Butler have his like Doncic did, but still win pretty easily. In general, the Heat are slower than Boston also. They are more savvy at times but GSW is also savvy, much more than Boston has been.

Fanwise a word because I was a fan of the Celtics in other teams, but to be honest since Stevens took over and a little before that since Paul Pierce left (to Washington!), I haven't really supported their decisions. They are also not as fun to watch without Tommy Heinsohn live commentary. I don't really think much about them, although I recognize their talent, something is missing. Horford has been very important to get them this far. His role on the court is overshadowed but he's the glue that holds them together, even more so than Smart is.

I don't have any idea who will win Game 7, but I doubt Boston's ability to play consistently for 48 minutes. They have failed too many times. If Miami shoots well, they can win. They also have a coaching edge. That's what it will come down to. Perimeter shotmaking. Maybe Lowry will have a good game. So I'll just leave it alone or sprinkle a tad more Heat and be done with it.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-28-22 at 09:32 AM.

Snowball

added a little Heat. will now net $70 if they win.
    just end it. feels like the game will somehow be agonising for everyone.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

celtics vs coach spoelstra. the coach should win but its very unlikely. if he does he actually managed to take a superbum team to nba finals twice. thats real coaching yall.very underestimated and he used be a video guy at miami.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post
    celtics vs coach spoelstra. the coach should win but its very unlikely. if he does he actually managed to take a superbum team to nba finals twice. thats real coaching yall.very underestimated and he used be a video guy at miami.
    Yes and if loses again its because he has no real superstar. That's on Riley

Snowball

I just added to notch 120 if Heat win and that's where I'm stopping.
    No matter what, I'm on GSW in the Finals.

Go with your own leans, it's anyone's guess who wins.