IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

If they could trade him for Keldon Johnson the Nuggets would be hotter than the sun.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I have said this for years Luca a 500 type ball player dominates ball too much

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

He’s playing with his food tonight.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Does she still live on the 2nd floor?

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Does she still live on the 2nd floor?
    I remember that tune. Lol

Bostongambler

Happy Thanksgiving Glenn 🦃

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

His team blows. Take the best player off every team and the Mavs and the probably have the worst roster. Like who is their second best player, Tim Hardaway Jr lol?

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    His team blows. Take the best player off every team and the Mavs and the probably have the worst roster. Like who is their second best player, Tim Hardaway Jr lol?
    Yes, they suck bigtime. He has to do everything. Put a few quality players beside him and watch out.

IBetYou

Definitely not Tim Hardaway. As Tim Hardaway senior would say he got "raped" tonight.

Kidd talked about diversifying the offense when he arrived in Dallas. So much for that. They had more balance under Carlisle, but losing Brunson obviously a big blow.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

28% from 3 point land.
    WHen is he going to realize he isn't good at shooting 3s?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All he does is lose

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    All he does is lose
    They are a game over 500, but no way can you blame them losing on him.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving Glenn 旅
    Thanks BG, you too. Be safe.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Porter had the gaul to call Doncic overrated on draft night a few years ago. Going against the man now, with no Jokic nor Murray to hide behind. Getting dominated. Awful player. Overrated. Nuggets need to quit on him or he will forever disappoint them.
    I argue that luka is better than jokic. joker has the much better team. luka is built in a mode of lebron, magic, and bird. all guys that won multiple titles. not easy to win in dallas. and they don't draft well enough consistently like a golden st. or okc. will people hate on luka if he leaves the mavs cause he wants to win eventually? Harden moved around and had great opportunities to win much like lebron. luka will toil in dallas, but may be good enough to win one like dirk if they put the right pieces around him over time. i don't think joker will lead a team to the chip. maybe not even a finals unless murray carries the weight. joker mvp's will be much like steve nash with zero trophies.

Bostongambler

It looks like he is playing in slow motion yet no one can stop him. Too strong for most guards that he posts up and skill level with the ball with taller players on him stand no chance.

He’s only going to get better.

IBetYou

Definitely not Tim Hardaway. As Tim Hardaway senior would say he got "raped" tonight.

Kidd talked about diversifying the offense when he arrived in Dallas. So much for that. They had more balance under Carlisle, but losing Brunson obviously a big blow.
    Everything Doncic Doncic Doncic..... Kidd played him 40mins in Boston and 43mins tonight. Lost the plot! Coldest team in the league.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    I argue that luka is better than jokic. joker has the much better team. luka is built in a mode of lebron, magic, and bird. all guys that won multiple titles. not easy to win in dallas. and they don't draft well enough consistently like a golden st. or okc. will people hate on luka if he leaves the mavs cause he wants to win eventually? Harden moved around and had great opportunities to win much like lebron. luka will toil in dallas, but may be good enough to win one like dirk if they put the right pieces around him over time. i don't think joker will lead a team to the chip. maybe not even a finals unless murray carries the weight. joker mvp's will be much like steve nash with zero trophies.
    Mavs have always had a poor front office. Took them a long long time to put a decent supporting cast around Nowitzki -if they hadn't quit on Nash I suspect they would have won multiple titles. Only reason they're picking these guys in the first place is because they're white. They liked Parsons and LaFrenze also...

He should go to the Lakers when his 5 year contract is up. "Loyalty" is only a good idea when the front office has sense, like in Milwaukee.

IBetYou

And Shawn Bradley

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

He is the best white player in NBA currently

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    He is the best white player in NBA currently
    I’m going out on a limb and say he could be the best player currently in the NBA white or black.

IBetYou

I’m going out on a limb and say he could be the best player currently in the NBA white or black.
    That's not going out on a limb. That's the opposite of going out on a limb...

Bostongambler

That's not going out on a limb. That's the opposite of going out on a limb...
    Ok, then I’m staying close to the trunk.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Ok, then I’m staying close to the trunk.
    If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    If you were a tree what kind of tree would you be?
    Pear 🍐

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    Luka is nothing like Lebron. Lebron was an animal on both sides of the floor in his prime. He could lock down your best player and give you 35 on the other end, similar to kobe but a bit worse defensively. Luka only plays 1 side of the floor. And Lebron never played like Luka either. Dribble dribble dribble then take a step back fadeaway. Bird never played like that and neither did Magic. Neither did Kobe, neither did Jordan. You can't win doing that, plain and simple.

It's fine, the guy is very young, he will learn eventually. Right now, he plays too much like Westbrook. There's a reason Durant left OKC and went and won 2 rings right away with the warriors, a team that moves the ball rapidly.

Luka's team fukkin blows. They won't even get past the first round this year without Brunson.

Joker is a far superior play to Nash. It isn't even close. Jokic took a starting 5 with Monte Morris Will Barton and Jeff Green to the playoffs.

Goat Milk

Definitely no where near Giannis, Durant, Lebron, Curry. Would even say that Morant is just as good if not better than Luka. Curry is just otherwordly, Giannis is a two way force, Durant can score 40 pts without barely even touching the ball, and Lebron is Lebron, if it's a game 7, I'll never take Luka over Lebron James, I don't care how old he is.

Morant actually plays defense. Gets blocks, steals, guards people 1 on 1. And he shares the ball. Luka has to touch the ball every play, every second. The guy is so reminiscent of Westbrook in Westbrook's prime days where he just chased triple doubles.

You know how you know a guy chases stats? When a PG gets a ton of rebounds. Why is a guy who is supposed to be guarding and locking their player down on teh perimeter, at the 3 pt line, grabbing the most rebounds on the team? Makes no sense. It means that he's cheating in the paint. He isn't committed to guarding his guy. He's stat chasing.

Under no circumstances should a starting pg be grabbing more rebounds than anyone else on the team.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Definitely no where near Giannis, Durant, Lebron, Curry. Would even say that Morant is just as good if not better than Luka. Curry is just otherwordly, Giannis is a two way force, Durant can score 40 pts without barely even touching the ball, and Lebron is Lebron, if it's a game 7, I'll never take Luka over Lebron James, I don't care how old he is.

Morant actually plays defense. Gets blocks, steals, guards people 1 on 1. And he shares the ball. Luka has to touch the ball every play, every second. The guy is so reminiscent of Westbrook in Westbrook's prime days where he just chased triple doubles.

You know how you know a guy chases stats? When a PG gets a ton of rebounds. Why is a guy who is supposed to be guarding and locking their player down on teh perimeter, at the 3 pt line, grabbing the most rebounds on the team? Makes no sense. It means that he's cheating in the paint. He isn't committed to guarding his guy. He's stat chasing.

Under no circumstances should a starting pg be grabbing more rebounds than anyone else on the team.
    What a stupid comment. He's a forward! Dinwiddie & Bullock are the guards. Doncic is 6'7 230. Mavs lost just now because they didn't defensive rebound. Their starting centre played 14mins and didn't get one defensive rebound. Westbrick on the other hand is known for telling his bigs to clear out so he can get it, or telling his coach to put him back out there in garbage time because he's one rebound shy...

Doncic a completely different player to Westbrick. Tracey McGrady more like (Rockets version). Excellent halfcourt player that involves his teammates.

Goat Milk

What a stupid comment. He's a forward! Dinwiddie & Bullock are the guards. Doncic is 6'7 230. Mavs lost just now because they didn't defensive rebound. Their starting centre played 14mins and didn't get one defensive rebound. Westbrick on the other hand is known for telling his bigs to clear out so he can get it, or telling his coach to put him back out there in garbage time because he's one rebound shy...

Doncic a completely different player to Westbrick. Tracey McGrady more like. Excellent halfcourt player that involves his teammates.
    Doncic does the same exact thing if you watch closely. He camps out in the paint and everyone magically clears out for him to grab a rebound. Same as Westbrick. You're not watching closely enough.

Doncic is a SF you say? Then why doesn't he guard any elite SF players? Do you ever see him guarding James, Durant, Tatum, all the best SFs in the league? The answer is no he doesn't. "Let Finney Smith guard KD so you can save your energy for offense." Yeah... There's a reason Kobe won a record 9 defensive first teams. He guarded McGrady himself, every play. Luka is scared to do that cause he's soft, and also, he wants to get his numbers.

Doncic nothing like Tmac. Tmac never held the ball that long, ever. I'm not saying that Tmac is better than him, but Luka's style is not condusive to winning rings, it's simple as that. That stuff might work overseas when you're playing with bums like Compazzo, but if you don't swing the ball around in the NBA and learn to play defense, and learn to sacrifice stats, you will not win, plain and simple.

I think he can correct these things. Lebron realized it by the time he was 28-29 yrs old. Kobe knew it very early, and so did Magic and Bird. Dirk understood it early, just couldn't get over the hump a few times. Dirk went against Kobe and Duncan in the West, only reason why he has 1 ring. Luka is going against no one in the west right now. Lebron is 38. And there's no other all time great like that playing in the western conference right now except Curry, and his run is coming to a close.

IBetYou

You're saying Doncic should guard Tatum and save DFS & Bullock for offense? DFS job is defense and shooting open shots -he has minimal skill.

Kobe Bryant was one of the most selfish players of his time. Shaq complained all the time about not getting the ball. Doncic is always looking to get his teammates involved. European players in general are for the team.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 11-26-22 at 10:50 PM.

Goat Milk

You're saying Doncic should guard Tatum and save DFS & Bullock for offense? DFS job is defense and shooting open shots -he has minimal skill.

Kobe Bryant was one of the most selfish players of his time. Shaq complained all the time about not getting the ball. Doncic is always looking to get his teammates involved. European players in general are for the team.
    Of course Doncic should guard Tatum. If he's such a great player, he should be a better defender than Finey Smith. These guys who specialize in defense, a lot of them are not really that great on defense. Kobe Bryant was a better defender than Tony Allen. He could have won multiple DPOY awards and was 1st team nba for half his career. When he didn't know how to play great D, he went and sought out Gary Payton and asked him how he could be the best defender in the world -- and guess what, he did exactly that.

Kobe used to guard this guy anytime they faced. Wade was the second best player in the league for 5 straight years, after Bryant. I don't see Bryant saving his energy for offense here. Does Doncic ever do this? The answer is no. This guy is picking up the fastest player in the world at the time full court, when he's in his 15th season in the NBA. It's a pitiful excuse that people make nowadays for these so called "stars" not to play any D.

Bryant used to guard James all the time. He would guard Rondo, or Pierce. He would even guard Dirk sometimes.

Doncic is incapable of doing those things.

Shaq didn't get the ball? What happened to Shaq's numbers after he left LA? Plummeted. If anything Shaq was the selfish guy. Bryant carried them to 3 straight trips to the finals, and then gave Shaq the ball every play in the finals. Shaq left LA because Bryant was now the best player in the world, and Shaq couldn't stand to play 2nd fiddle to him, and Kobe happily accepted that role for years.

Shaq is nothing compared to Kobe Bryant, ridiculous to even mention his name in this conversation. The guy went out like a bum the last 6 years of his career, averaging like 5 points a game.

IBetYou

Makes no sense to have the hub of your offense doing the grunt work on the defensive end. Did Bryant guard Miller in the finals? NO! Harper did. Hamilton in the finals? NO! Fisher did. These guys play the same position as him. Pierce in the '10 finals? Did he tell Artest to take it easy? NO! I could go on.

After Shaq left the Lakers the HEAT dominated the Lakers. You have memory issues lol. Shaq made the comment about a Bryant's ferrari meeting the Shaq truck.... that's how it was. Bryant was v.lucky to play with him then Gasol. We saw how he looked when he had a similar supporting cast to Doncic. Dominating the offense the same way, but demanding a trade out of LA. Soft.

stevenash

Holy triple/double Batman.
    Luca is going coocoo for cocoa puffs tonight.

He's popped for 37/11/11 so far midway through the fourth quarter.

Too bad that esteemed esquire Thom O. Rino, attorney at law isn't around to tell me "Embid > Luca you dumb shit"

*sighs*

I kind of miss the good old days when Teddy Bridgewater won ten straight games for the Vikings and Moses Malone never played the center position.

*sigh*

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Holy triple/double Batman.
    Luca is going coocoo for cocoa puffs tonight.

He's popped for 37/11/11 so far midway through the fourth quarter.

Too bad that esteemed esquire Thom O. Rino, attorney at law isn't around to tell me "Embid > Luca you dumb shit"

*sighs*

I kind of miss the good old days when Teddy Bridgewater won ten straight games for the Vikings and Moses Malone never played the center position.

*sigh*
    +445 tonight

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    +445 tonight
    Two words

Suh weet!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

It looks like he is playing in slow motion yet no one can stop him. Too strong for most guards that he posts up and skill level with the ball with taller players on him stand no chance.

He’s only going to get better.
    I always say he plays heavy. Melo had that “play heavy” game. It is like a tremendous effort for them to dunk the ball even tho they are close to 7ft tall

First 1234567 ... Last