IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Doncic tells everyone what an amazing defender Bridges is, then goes for 45 & 8 on 50% shooting. NBA's all-time leader in PPG in the playoffs. He's great in game 1s... Mavs just can't defend Ayton.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Doncic tells everyone what an amazing defender Bridges is, then goes for 45 & 8 on 50% shooting. NBA's all-time leader in PPG in the playoffs. He's great in game 1s... Mavs just can't defend Ayton.
    He's an amazing athlete to watch. The issue with this series IMO.... Phoenix can simply coast without shifting gears in an entire game and win. Doncic has to play his very best each and every game to win. He tweaks anything.... and Dallas is done. I'm watching Doncic every trip down the floor.... and I'M EXHAUSTED! lol I'm watching the game... and I'm exhausted. How does he feel? I don't know if he can hang the entire series? Maybe Dallas wins 1 game? I don't see this being a series. Brunson will be non existent... Phoenix has too much size everywhere... he can't get his shot off. You have to hope Phoenix has an off shooting series... but that's not going to happen.

Terrible matchup for Dallas. Doncic will be worn out.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Not as good as Larry Bird..

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    He's an amazing athlete to watch. The issue with this series IMO.... Phoenix can simply coast without shifting gears in an entire game and win. Doncic has to play his very best each and every game to win. He tweaks anything.... and Dallas is done. I'm watching Doncic every trip down the floor.... and I'M EXHAUSTED! lol I'm watching the game... and I'm exhausted. How does he feel? I don't know if he can hang the entire series? Maybe Dallas wins 1 game? I don't see this being a series. Brunson will be non existent... Phoenix has too much size everywhere... he can't get his shot off. You have to hope Phoenix has an off shooting series... but that's not going to happen.

Terrible matchup for Dallas. Doncic will be worn out.
    Yeah. I was thinking in the 2nd Q Booker - who many consider to be the Suns' best player - is doing absolutely nothing on offense or defense yet his team is keeping pace. Doncic's efficiency is impressive but the Mavs need a big guy that can defend. No use scoring well if you can;t stop the other team. Same old story for them.

Gobert might be the solution. Or how about Ayton?! Hmmm

IBetYou

I see the Warriors having the same problem fwiw. They're not the defensive team they used to be.

Draymond Green's reputation as a defender far exceeds his abilities at this point. Don't think he does much of anything for them.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 05-03-22 at 02:14 AM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Yeah. I was thinking in the 2nd Q Booker - who many consider to be the Suns' best player - is doing absolutely nothing on offense or defense yet his team is keeping pace. Doncic's efficiency is impressive but the Mavs need a big guy that can defend. No use scoring well if you can;t stop the other team. Same old story for them.

Gobert might be the solution. Or how about Ayton?! Hmmm
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/05/...dy-gobert.html

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

means nothing in a loss

Teams rarely win when one game scores all the points

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I see the Warriors having the same problem fwiw. They're not the defensive team they used to be.

Draymond Green's reputation as a defender far exceeds his abilities at this point. Don't think he does much of anything for them.
    I was all for Memphis challenging Golden State... making this a competitive series. But come to find out... experience is everything in this series. I didn't like what I saw in Game 1. I think Memphis should have won the game. I agree G.S. isn't the same team... but they just have a 1 UP on Memphis. If Memphis wants to prove themselves... they can do it in Game 2. Seriously... they should beat G.S. but will they? Thompson on the floor now is a huge factor... he's a smart basketball player.

I hardly agree with Barkley... but he said you have to go inside on G.S. and pound them. You can't live by the 3 pointer against them. I agree with that. G.S. can pound you with 2's... and 3's. Memphis needs to pound them inside... but maybe that's not who they are?

I agree with what you said about Green.. once he was ejected... no way Memphis should have lost game 1.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I was all for Memphis challenging Golden State... making this a competitive series. But come to find out... experience is everything in this series. I didn't like what I saw in Game 1. I think Memphis should have won the game. I agree G.S. isn't the same team... but they just have a 1 UP on Memphis. If Memphis wants to prove themselves... they can do it in Game 2. Seriously... they should beat G.S. but will they? Thompson on the floor now is a huge factor... he's a smart basketball player.

I hardly agree with Barkley... but he said you have to go inside on G.S. and pound them. You can't live by the 3 pointer against them. I agree with that. G.S. can pound you with 2's... and 3's. Memphis needs to pound them inside... but maybe that's not who they are?

I agree with what you said about Green.. once he was ejected... no way Memphis should have lost game 1.
    Pounding the Warriors needn't entail low-post scoring. Morant can attack the paint and his frontliners can pound the boards. Teams seldom turn away from their main star. Always cab drivers and the like that say you need to feed this guy or that. Yeah, don't work that way in the NBA...

Problem for the Grizz imo is Morant is not on the level of these other lead guys in the West semis, Doncic/ Curry/ Paul. Reminds me of former MVP Derrick Rose whom was similarly overrated.

IBetYou

I remember that Lakers-Rockets series a about 10 years ago. Rockets were severely undersized because Yao was injured yet the Lakers refused to feed Gasol or Bynum in the post through much of the series. Wasn't until the 7th game they did it -Lakers always played through the post in game 7s whether it was Shaq or Gasol...

Thing is these guys were the best low post scorers of their time whereas Jackson has never shown much interest in it. Tough time to learn it. Their best bet is turning up the defense and running the Warriors off every missed 3PA.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Looks like Luka and Dallas came to play so far tonight.

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415
    Zlaniner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13084

Go 2 Sleep

IBetYou

All these people that said Draymond would be defending Doncic... where are they?

It's all Wiggins & Looney. Looney has done a good job; people have fun with his 21&12 performance but his perimeter defense is real -tremendous switchability.

jjgold

You can’t win one player scores of all the points Unless you’re Michael Jordan

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You can’t win one player scores of all the points Unless you’re Michael Jordan
    Brunson scored 31pts on 11/19 shooting. Problem for the Mavs as always is defense. I guy like Myles Turner or Ayton or Gobert would surely help them.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Luka should demand a trade….guy is playing with plumbers and firemen

IBetYou

All Kidd wanted to talk about post-game was them shooting too many 3PA (which they actually made at a good rate). He said when they're missing shots they're not defending ...but actually they were scoring with ease in the final 6mins but no joy on the defensive end. Good coaches are hard to find in the NBA it seems. Lotta diversity hires, and players friendly hires. They don't want geniuses.

IBetYou

Mavs should have hired someone like Daigneault (Thunder coach). Someone intelligent and low maintenance that will learn/ improve over many years. Kidd is just a guy that can learn from others. Not an innovative free-thinker type.

IBetYou

Taylor Rooks on Twitter: "�� Mark Cuban said Luka Doncic is working on a secret move to debut next season!!! what do y’all think it is??? �� https://t.co/7NA3DL7Wpz" / Twitter

She's right, it's the sky hook. I've seen it. Lew Alcindor has often questioned why nobody has tried to replicate his hard-to-block shot. I predict they will all be trying it in a few years.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Betting Luka for MVP every season until he gets the award.

This is how I win.

IBetYou

I predict a trying season for the Mavs. They replaced Brunson with Wood/ McGee/ Dorsey... this is not good.

IBetYou

Why didn't they sign Dragic? They're allergic to common sense. Ntilikina is not going to get it done as the backup pg.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Luka is awesome. He's a poor man's version of James Harden. This Euro ain't claiming any of you "Westernized Crackers". Most of you 99 percenters on here would be in protective custody. That said, he wouldn't be in the same prison gang as you guys. Those "23 and Me" dna test come back showing you guys are 11% Neaderthal but somehow the Great White Hope aka " White Harden is somehow related to your inbreeding back woods fam. Keep your co-mingled blood lines to yourself or to the Meth labs scattered around SEC country.
    Last edited by Sledge187; 10-04-22 at 03:52 AM.

IBetYou

Interesting take there! I'm into science too!

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Interesting take there! I'm into science too!

IBetYou

Speaking of race, it's all over nba.com that Rivers was merging black history lessons into camp... I guess that works when 19 out of 20 players on your roster are black and the other guy is a Turk! Cool bonding experience for the blackies

IBetYou

Are the Suns still rocked by that Doncic game 7 or what?! First they lose to an NBL team, now the lowly Lakers are beating them lol

Bostongambler

There goes his streak of 30 + points a game to start a year.

jjgold

He just cannot win many tight games because of poor shot selection

Bostongambler

Just 7 first half points. This ain’t Baltimore Charlie!!!

Bostongambler

He’s pointing up some points tonight I see.

IBetYou

Seeing some of the other teams in the league play I can't help but wonder how successful he'd be if he had a decent supporting cast. Like what if he had Bane/ Brooks/ Jackson/ Adams, or Holiday/ Middleton/ Lopez? Championship level imo. Problem with being so good so young is that with the NBA's charity system you don't get to surround him with other high picks.

And the Mavs front office is clueless -don't appear to have a plan.

IBetYou

Porter had the gaul to call Doncic overrated on draft night a few years ago. Going against the man now, with no Jokic nor Murray to hide behind. Getting dominated. Awful player. Overrated. Nuggets need to quit on him or he will forever disappoint them.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 11-18-22 at 08:42 PM.

IBetYou

Just wasting their time with him, trying to turn lemon into lemonade...

IBetYou

Doncic: 33 & 12 & 11
    Porter: 12 & 3 & 2

Mavs 127-99

First 123456 ... Last