Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Golden St most likely or Portland
    I don't even think Kerr would want him.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He's an elite defender though, like generational elite, on that side of the ball. I think we'll see him be a DPOY candidate and 1st team all defense for many more years. That's really hard to come by in the NBA at the PG position. It's virtually impossible.

So he has a lot of value around the league I'd say. I don't think he has to be a great jump shooter or even a jump shooter. He just has to bring his FTs to the mid 70s, and learn to hit a 15 foot jumper. Shouldn't be hard.

I think he can help a team like Portland. I would take him over CJ Mccollum for sure.
    don’t poop on CJ he is a stud and has no confidence issues Simmons problems are between his ears

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Simmons problems are between his ears
    This.
    He just doesn't care.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by pokerdevil View Post
    Simmons has 4 years $147m left on his deal!!! I get that he's efficient and his advanced stats are nice.

But how is this guy's contract even above water... let alone someone with the leverage to demand a trade?

This would be like if Kevin Love or Tobias Harris "demanded" a trade
    but harris is really good you’d have to give me 2 simmons for harris

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

but harris is really good you’d have to give me 2 simmons for harris
    As much as I dislike Philly, Harris is the consummate pro.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    As much as I dislike Philly, Harris is the consummate pro.
    he’s so low key u forget he avg 20 and 7 no drama as far as I know

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

don’t poop on CJ he is a stud and has no confidence issues Simmons problems are between his ears
    If CJ was so good they wouldn't have lost in the first round to Denver team missing Jamal Murray. CJ was awful in that series. I think he's overrated, if he was a top 5 SG him and Lillard would be in the mix for a title every year. CJ doesn't play D and all he does is take low percentage fadeaway jumpshots with the game on the line.

jtoler

If CJ was so good they wouldn't have lost in the first round to Denver team missing Jamal Murray. CJ was awful in that series. I think he's overrated, if he was a top 5 SG him and Lillard would be in the mix for a title every year. CJ doesn't play D and all he does is take low percentage fadeaway jumpshots with the game on the line.
    u are correct this playoffs I dont know wut happened to him each game I was waiting on him to get it going but he never did. I became a fan of him especially after he lit up duke in the tourney I like his ball handling and how he creates in isolation. not the fastest, quickest, or that athletic just a high skill level. this guy has averaged 20 pts a game for 6 straight seasons as a 2nd option and never been an all star thats a shame. watch at 3:04 how he does lavine

and this entire reel is just a master class in iso ball

Last edited by jtoler; 09-24-21 at 12:25 AM.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

edit
    Last edited by cincinnatikid513; 09-28-21 at 07:01 AM.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    I no longer even value the NBA. I’ll make some bets this year but my days of die hard capping it are over. The game has changed so much. It was great in the 2005-2015 range. Now it’s just a 3pt shootout with no defense and passing is now at a premium. Guys can’t pass for shit anymore. Guys like Ben Simmons are a liability on offense late in the game cuz they can’t make a ft. Sport is pitiful. Never EVER thought I would prefer NCAA hoops over pro but I like college so much more it’s not even funny.
    I don't understand this at all. Basketball in the early to mid 90s became defensive almost football like games. They opened up the game a little by changing the rules. I think the current game is awesome. I would be interested if hand checking came back would that make a drastic change. I don't need to see 15 foot jumpers to enjoy a b-ball game. However, I do agree with your defense comment. I miss seeing Dream blocking shots. I would love to see how someone like David Robinson would do in this era. I think he would be a monster.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

do not trade him and do not pay him you see how fast he comes back to phila

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    if the bum had any heart he would be in the gym everyday making 1000 fts and 1000 3 pointers
    No way he can make that many within 24 hours.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No way he can make that many within 24 hours.
    Actually it's pretty easy. I have a Dr. Dish shooting machine and can get up 300 three pointers in about 20 minutes. I get up about 200 FTs in about the same time. These machines are game changers. It is so easy to get up shot, you build muscle memory in just a few sessions. One of they gyms I have access also has a NOAH system that measures your arc. I have kids on my AAU team that shot low percentages a year ago that are now off the charts. I wish I had this when I was a teenager. It really is confounding how an NBA player could struggle shooting the ball when there's so many technical advances.

There's an IOS app called Homecourt. It's required for my teams. It counts shots attempted and shots made. It is awesome. You put up 500 3's and can get your shooting percentage in real time. You can also see your arc and form on shots you make or miss. The program has a lot of individual activities where you can virtually go up against an NBA player like Steph or Klay, there's dribbling, hand eye drills, etc., workout drills, tips, too much to explain. The basic app is free.

Oh, but I forgot we're talking Ben Simmons here. Yeah, it may take him a few days to MAKE that many shots. He should at least start with attempting that many.

Goat Milk

u are correct this playoffs I dont know wut happened to him each game I was waiting on him to get it going but he never did. I became a fan of him especially after he lit up duke in the tourney I like his ball handling and how he creates in isolation. not the fastest, quickest, or that athletic just a high skill level. this guy has averaged 20 pts a game for 6 straight seasons as a 2nd option and never been an all star thats a shame. watch at 3:04 how he does lavine

and this entire reel is just a master class in iso ball

Guy is very skilled. He just never put together a well rounded game.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

The value in Simmons obviously isn't in his shooting but it's rare you find a guy who's big and quick enough to defend all 5 positions. His arms are long enough to disrupt shooters on the perimeter, he's quick enough shut down a point and he has the size to defend in the paint. On the offensive end he can drive past anyone on the fast break and dish the ball like Magic. The problems arise when the guy guarding him just waits at the foul line and doesn't even get near the 3 pt line. His only move is to drive the lane and draw a foul but teams are happy to send him there as his FT percentage is 64%. He still averaged 15/7/7 with a 56% from the floor. And he's only 25. Put him on LeBron's team and they'd roll. He needs to be on a team that won't baby him and plays to his strengths. Embiid is too goofy to intimidate him.

That being said, the Sixers are NOT going to settle for the pu pu platter of players. They need at least one guy in star category along with adequate pick compensation. They'll just fine him during the season and wait until someone gets crazy at the trade deadline.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    The value in Simmons obviously isn't in his shooting but it's rare you find a guy who's big and quick enough to defend all 5 positions. His arms are long enough to disrupt shooters on the perimeter, he's quick enough shut down a point and he has the size to defend in the paint. On the offensive end he can drive past anyone on the fast break and dish the ball like Magic. The problems arise when the guy guarding him just waits at the foul line and doesn't even get near the 3 pt line. His only move is to drive the lane and draw a foul but teams are happy to send him there as his FT percentage is 64%. He still averaged 15/7/7 with a 56% from the floor. And he's only 25. Put him on LeBron's team and they'd roll. He needs to be on a team that won't baby him and plays to his strengths. Embiid is too goofy to intimidate him.

That being said, the Sixers are NOT going to settle for the pu pu platter of players. They need at least one guy in star category along with adequate pick compensation. They'll just fine him during the season and wait until someone gets crazy at the trade deadline.
    I think Simmons for McCollum is a fair deal. Just a straight up trade. Helps both teams imo.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

I think Simmons for McCollum is a fair deal. Just a straight up trade. Helps both teams imo.
    As long as they're not throwing Tyrese Maxey in any deal, I'd go with CJ.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Sources: Philadelphia 76ers players wanted to take a jet to Los Angeles this week to meet with Ben Simmons, but were informed not to come and that the three-time All-Star did not want to meet.

jtoler

simmons can pretend he was majorly upset that rivers said he didn’t know if simmons could be a championship pg but I think ben just wants a fresh start and avoid the most rabid fans in all of sports that is philly

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Simmons is destined to be an above average player on non-championship caliber teams. LSU sucked the one year he was there. He had little pressure on him when the Sixers weren’t considered a potential championship team. He got his big contract when the stakes were not as high as they were after the contract. He just needs to go to a franchise that will never have hope like Cleveland, Minnesota, or Sacramento. Just glide for the rest of his career with fat paychecks, great stats, and longer summer vacations.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland makes the most sense, Simmons for mcollum. Portland needs to improve defensively and dame is a scorer, not a point guard. Dame shooting would help hide Simmons issues. McCollum would fit well with embiid because of his shooting.

Golden state doesn't make sense, they have nothing to deal that Philly wants or needs, Thompson is too high risk since he hasn't played in 2 years, Green can't shoot and doesn't fit.

Portland is the right fit in very way, it's just a question of if Philadelphia realizes they aren't getting dame, they can get mccollum

thomorino

As long as they're not throwing Tyrese Maxey in any deal, I'd go with CJ.
    Maxes not a starting point guard, if Philadelphia can move Simmons for McCollum they should do the deal, McCollum is the best they will get

thomorino

Simmons could never play with LeBron he needs the ball to be effrctive, Lakers don't habe the cap space anyways.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Simmons is destined to be an above average player on non-championship caliber teams. LSU sucked the one year he was there. He had little pressure on him when the Sixers weren’t considered a potential championship team. He got his big contract when the stakes were not as high as they were after the contract. He just needs to go to a franchise that will never have hope like Cleveland, Minnesota, or Sacramento. Just glide for the rest of his career with fat paychecks, great stats, and longer summer vacations.
    That's wrong, Simmons can still be a good player on a good team but he needs to fit with the team.

The fit in Philadelphia was never right because Me I I'd is at his best on the low block, which meant the lane wasn't open for Simmons. If you play Simmons at the 5 ANF surround him with shooters and he's not the best player on the team you can win - Portland can do this if they trade cj for Simmons and move on from Nurkic.

Simmons at the 5 on Portland surrounded by 4 shooters would work, he just needs the right fit, and that wasn't there in Philadelphia. He's a star, not a superstar, but he's still a capable player.

thomorino

I don't see Simmons getting traded if its not to Portland for mccollum, neither golden state or Minnesota have anything Philadelphia wants that they would be willing to trads

jtoler

no mo u need to give up more as simmons makes more than mccollum and I dont agree that simmons is a good fit for portland yes he helps any team defensively but dame has been been handling the ball for so long Im not sure he would just give that up so easily especially to a guy who cant get his own shot unless he's running down hill and simmons needs to be surrounded by shooters and letting mccollum go would be subtracting a shooter

thomorino

no mo u need to give more as simmons makes more than mccollum and I dont agree that simmons is a good fit for portland yes he helps any team defensively but dame has been been handling the ball for so long Im not sure he would just give that up so easily especially to a guy who cant get his own shot unless he's running down hill and simmons needs to be surrounded by shooters and letting mccollum go would be subtracting a shooter
    Cj for Simmons works. Simmons makes more. UT that's not an issue Portland van throw in another contract like Nurkic or Covington, Philadelphia needs to improve the bench anyways.

Dame is at the point in his career where he wants to win, hes achieved the individual accomolish!ents already, he will adjist, he knows he and cj have reached their ceiling.

thomorino

no mo u need to give up more as simmons makes more than mccollum and I dont agree that simmons is a good fit for portland yes he helps any team defensively but dame has been been handling the ball for so long Im not sure he would just give that up so easily especially to a guy who cant get his own shot unless he's running down hill and simmons needs to be surrounded by shooters and letting mccollum go would be subtracting a shooter
    Portland biggest issue is defense, if you play Simmons at the 5 that improves you significant defensively right away.

You can also pit Simmons in the pick and roll with dame and he can be like Capella catching lobs. A good offensive coach will figure out the offense with dame and simmons, that's more than enough talent.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Portland biggest issue is defense, if you play Simmons at the 5 that improves you significant defensively right away.

You can also pit Simmons in the pick and roll with dame and he can be like Capella catching lobs. A good offensive coach will figure out the offense with dame and simmons, that's more than enough talent.
    putting simmons at the 5 would be a waste on both sides of the ball offensively youd be wasting his best attribute which is passing and seeing the floor u dont need to pay a guy 33 mil to catch lobs quite a few energy guys around the league who can do that on defense youd be giving up his size and arm length against smaller guys trying to pass especially entry passes he'd be much less disruptive at the 5. if he goes to portland watch they will instantly get worse. but I do not know for sure. simmons at the 5 like as a point center perhaps, didnt think of it like that but with today's nba who knows.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-26-21 at 10:09 AM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I think he can be good as a 5 especially if it is a team that plays fast so he can still do a lot of passing in transition. Like if he was on the Grizzlies he could backup at PG also.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

They can't expect the haul they've been requesting for him though. They'll have to take a loss if they want to get him out of town.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Macker. Was reported over a month ago. You’re better than this.
    No, he isn't. He is usually wrong about everything or just makes it up.

thomorino

putting simmons at the 5 would be a waste on both sides of the ball offensively youd be wasting his best attribute which is passing and seeing the floor u dont need to pay a guy 33 mil to catch lobs quite a few energy guys around the league who can do that on defense youd be giving up his size and arm length against smaller guys trying to pass especially entry passes he'd be much less disruptive at the 5. if he goes to portland watch they will instantly get worse. but I do not know for sure. simmons at the 5 like as a point center perhaps, didnt think of it like that but with today's nba who knows.
    That's what I am saying, he'd be the point guard but he would be listed at the 5 since he'd be guarding other teams center, he can guard almost any center in the league, he's 6-10

kphillies19
    kphillies19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

THE 76ers completely miss played this.

Always buy low and sell high. They should have traded him two years ago when the writing was on the wall and it was clear him and embidd were no match. He had high value then

At this point what could you get back? I think his upside is still high enough where i wouldn't give him away for trash, which is what they'll probably end up doing

First 123 Last