THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Question about Suns Jazz line

Ok, so the line opened at Suns -1

I read some other peoples posts and some were saying this line should be more like Suns -3

So...what are the books thinking? Line is -2, so did they intentionally set a low line so they could get pounded by Suns backers? Why not just open it -2.5 or -3? Worst case then would be to get pounded by Jazz money, but they would be in a better position since there is really a better chance of the Suns covering tonight

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Why is there a better chance of suns covering. A week ago the jazz were loved by everyone now just cause they lost to clippers no one backs them. They are a better team than the suns and the suns are playing there 4th game in 5 nights. They opened at -1 cause they knew everyone would pound Suns cause they are at home. Books have forecasted a jazz win but if they made jazz faves (which they should be or pkem at worst ) it would be obvious Jazz are the play. Even if suns cover here i would take jazz at +1 or +2 in this exact scenario everytime for the rest of my life.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why is there a better chance of suns covering. A week ago the jazz were loved by everyone now just cause they lost to clippers no one backs them. They are a better team than the suns and the suns are playing there 4th game in 5 nights. They opened at -1 cause they knew everyone would pound Suns cause they are at home. Books have forecasted a jazz win but if they made jazz faves (which they should be or pkem at worst ) it would be obvious Jazz are the play. Even if suns cover here i would take jazz at +1 or +2 in this exact scenario everytime for the rest of my life.
    +1.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

^^ What LB said.

Any time a team that would normally be favoured at home isn't getting at least -3, it warrants a second look as to why.

THA_DIESEL
    THA_DIESEL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, those are very valid points....absolutely

I'm just saying that even if the books have a projected Jazz win, -1 is too much exposure if it happens that the Suns win and cover.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by THA_DIESEL View Post
    Well, those are very valid points....absolutely

I'm just saying that even if the books have a projected Jazz win, -1 is too much exposure if it happens that the Suns win and cover.
    Not if you're confident the Jazz will blow out the Suns.