Omnivorous Frog
    Omnivorous Frog's Avatar Become A Pro!

WNBA selections and analysis...

Lynx +4 1/2 (SBG) 2 units.

Worst team in league, also youngest may have finally turned the corner. League's 2nd leading scorer Augustus coming off a career night in Sactown. Won outright as a 8 point dog. Also won last game vs. common opponent LA. Three rookies in lineup paid thier dues learning OJT but seemed to have turned the corner as of late.

Liberty going in opposite direction. Started off very strong only to revert back to losing form. Now 7 straight, and no showing any improvement along the way. Actually looking very desperate and only one player even doing anything, so it is a team wide slump, or they played over their heads early. Either way, not playing well, at all. Played same mediocre, if that good, LA and lost outright getting bet up. If this team has even bottomed out remains to be seen.

Take the points here and the more rested, playing better, revenge minded team.

Written by OF.
    Last edited by Omnivorous Frog; 08-02-07 at 04:07 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the forum OF

I remember you from the other forums out there sir, and I'm happy you are posting over here nowadays.

Anyways, Getting back the the topic here. I too am liking the Lynx myself tonight, however I like them on the ML instead.

BOL to you

Omnivorous Frog

I am a well travelled Frog, but I am pleased to be here, thank you. Money line might as well be a value, but not sure the points is not a more conservative approach for a first play here. It is not like the Liberty have won anything lately. But they were supposed to beat LA, got bet to, and failed miserably. That is a bad sign. Creeping down to 3 1/2. I'll stick with the points, but if I was to ML, I would go 3-1 ratio with + points. 1 1/2 units +, 1/2 $L.

Omnivorous Frog

-2.2 units on a real sweet bad beat.

Lynx fight all the way back from 17 point deficit 3rd Q to 2 point game 19 seconds left, foul gal, she makes first, but misses second, and gets own rebound, so two more ft's and that is called a notch. Never got another shot off with 6 seconds left. Next.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

It wasn't pretty to watch at all indeed OF

Omnivorous Frog

Storm +2 1/2 3 units w/a

No time for writeup, waited for injury update and warmups.

Omnivorous Frog

What a barnburner for a WNBA game. 111-101. Don't see that everyday. Storm lead by 23 real quick and Phoe got to 9 and 10 last two minutes. After getting notched first game this one is ATSMOV 12 1/2. Should have had the money line, oy vey. Big adjust on Jackson injury during King game from pk to -2 1/2. Without Jackson the Storm had no chance, like they folded against Sac. So she is in warmups, looking spry, and that +2 1/2 is still there? Gotta like that. She has a monster game, MVP type of performance. 23 points tied for team high, 12 boards, game high by 4, 10-11 from the line. Couple of blocks. That is a bit more barca Froglike.

Cigar, fine wine, jacuzzi and a massage.

Best Wishes...OF

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Quote Originally Posted by Omnivorous Frog View Post
    What a barnburner for a WNBA game. 111-101. Don't see that everyday. Storm lead by 23 real quick and Phoe got to 9 and 10 last two minutes. After getting notched first game this one is ATSMOV 12 1/2. Should have had the money line, oy vey. Big adjust on Jackson injury during King game from pk to -2 1/2. Without Jackson the Storm had no chance, like they folded against Sac. So she is in warmups, looking spry, and that +2 1/2 is still there? Gotta like that. She has a monster game, MVP type of performance. 23 points tied for team high, 12 boards, game high by 4, 10-11 from the line. Couple of blocks. That is a bit more barca Froglike.

Cigar, fine wine, jacuzzi and a massage.

Best Wishes...OF
    yeah, that one went over before it was over! cashed on the storm. All riggghht!

Omnivorous Frog

1-1 +.8

Storm Jackson now in Aust. to tend to ailing grandma or something like that. Line got whacked hard from them -1 to +3 vs. Min. Total dropped 2 points. She should miss this and the next games, and is crucial for this team. She leads the WNBA in double doubles. Got one early game here but nothing so much as value on it. Should have one for tonight.

Best Wishes...OF

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Frog, because of Jackson being out I'm going with a small play on the under at 159.5 in that one. We'll see.

Omnivorous Frog

Sorry did not see that until late. Obviously an over team without her and the center, zero defense as they account for all of the low post defense, shot blocking and most of the boards. The net result is a lot faster pace and high % shots for the opposition. However both are back today. At least both are supposed to be back today. Still, even with them Mystics will also uptempo full game if needed. Number has gone up from 156 to 158.

Checkerboard

I like the u146 in New York this afternoon. What are your thoughts O.F.?

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    I like the u146 in New York this afternoon. What are your thoughts O.F.?
    adding to my thoughts on the under in New York this afternoon . . .

one thing I don't like about the under is the notion that Detroit will more than likely be playing second stringers now that they've clinched and, against a struggling New York, that sort of evens out the matchup, so it could end up being a close game and candidate for overtime which would most propbably take it over.

if I recall correctly, Detroit and New York have gone into OT 2x this season to date.