lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Be careful betting NBA especially futures

Some guys don't want to live in a bubble for 7 weeks. Rosters are expanding so expect some replacement players.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29293985/faction-nba-players-hesitant-restart-sources-say

lakerboy

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rt-sources-say

They are upset that they won't have family around but in reality it's cause they can't fukk around.
    Points Awarded:

Shute gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

Just mediocre players on bubble teams I expect. Players like Anthony.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Not really an NBA fan, but keep an eye on the COVID numbers in Florida. They've skyrocketed the last few days. They were averaging around 500-a-day for the better part of May, but in June, it's been around 1,200 to 1,500 a day. Those numbers could raise some concern about playing this in Orlando.

Edit: Just as I say that, the number of new cases today just got reported: 1,700 new cases in Fla.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Not really an NBA fan, but keep an eye on the COVID numbers in Florida. They've skyrocketed the last few days. They were averaging around 500-a-day for the better part of May, but in June, it's been around 1,200 to 1,500 a day. Those numbers could raise some concern about playing this in Orlando.

Edit: Just as I say that, the number of new cases today just got reported: 1,700 new cases in Fla.
    Sadly its just numbers now. It doesn’t matter how many Cases or deaths per day or per week or monthly. As a society we just don’t care about anyone but ourselves. The only reason the numbers continues to rise is our behavior. Not what someone says, wears, or does. Nothing else. This is on us as a nation. No excuses.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Sadly its just numbers now. It doesn’t matter how many Cases or deaths per day or per week or monthly. As a society we just don’t care about anyone but ourselves. The only reason the numbers continues to rise is our behavior. Not what someone says, wears, or does. Nothing else. This is on us as a nation. No excuses.
    Sad, but true. People have ditched the whole social distancing thing and it seems like mayors and governors are just letting it go. Whether that's a good idea or not, time will tell.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Given that any player that tests positive absolutely has to sit, sports is virtually unbettable.

IBetYou

They're going to be in a "bubble" so it doesn't matter too much what's going on in Fla

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Given that any player that tests positive absolutely has to sit, sports is virtually unbettable.
    I'm betting one the German BBL right now tyvm, having a great time and making lots of money.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

As soon as they relaxed the measures the cases have spiked. This is a disaster in the making.

IBetYou

The Spanish ACB begins next week. I'm having a great time

Still waiting on the WNBA to make any announcement... pitiful. Always begging people to watch their sport and now in a vacuum they're AWOL! Too many softies in this world.

IBetYou

They can make millions but they want to sit at home and watch BLM protests on CNN

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

just send the whole knicks roster and ownership, maybe then some changes can be made on that team

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Also got to factor in that any nba players that doesn’t feel safe or being away from their family doesn’t have to play and they will still get paid a portion of their salary

later

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16522

I wonder if the players are going to give 100% ??

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

Earning the amount of money they will in the short time is not enough incentive?
    Also I thought many players claim they play "for the love of the game"

lakerboy

LeBron is more interested in fixing voter suppression by the other side. I mean his side has done so much for blacks

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post

How is this relelvant?

There are no fans, and the players are essentially supposed to be locked up. I don't think any reported numbers can influence the NBA "season" at this point unless there are players testing positive.

Even then, it's quarantine then next man up as they will still play.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    How is this relelvant?

There are no fans, and the players are essentially supposed to be locked up. I don't think any reported numbers can influence the NBA "season" at this point unless there are players testing positive.

Even then, it's quarantine then next man up as they will still play.
    Do you really trust NBA players to stay without sex for 2 months locked up? That's like giving the keys to the chicken coop to the fox.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Some guys don't want to live in a bubble for 7 weeks. Rosters are expanding so expect some replacement players.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...rt-sources-say
    This is going to be a nonstory Lakeshow.

Unless you're hitting long shots that might not even make the playoffs, any one in contention will likely play.

It's not a story until a player drops out and even then I doubt any futures adjust.

We'll see, I suppose.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Do you really trust NBA players to stay without sex for 2 months locked up? That's like giving the keys to the chicken coop to the fox.
    I don't see how it matters, that's my point.

If you want to withhold betting because you think some key players might get sick and then can't play, fine.

But if you are withholding futures bets to see which players are willing to play, and which ones will stay home, then I'm saying that it won't really make a difference for the odds or results.

Has any one player, or better yet starter, declared that they would stay home?

Those that will stay home are likely not contending for the title anyway...that's part of the decision making process for them.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

have heard from a legit source Melo does not want to play because he refuses to bunk up with teammate Dame Lillard who stays up til 3am every night listening to beats & writing lyrics for his rap songs.

Melo says "I love hooping but that MF'er Dame be on some shit" following up with "this n**** been walking around Portland in a Batman mask after getting paid last summer" and later closing with "we not even in the playoffs fam! I'm getting too old for this shit. gonna ice the old knees and link with LeBron next season."

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    have heard from a legit source Melo does not want to play because he refuses to bunk up with teammate Dame Lillard who stays up til 3am every night listening to beats & writing lyrics for his rap songs.

Melo says "I love hooping but that MF'er Dame be on some shit" following up with "this n**** been walking around Portland in a Batman mask after getting paid last summer" and later closing with "we not even in the playoffs fam! I'm getting too old for this shit. gonna ice the old knees and link with LeBron next season."

lakerboy

I think the NBA should not have played all those regular season games. That's the issue. Most of the playoff position was decided but the NBA in a typical greed adventure decided they had to try and get Zion in .

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I think the NBA should not have played all those regular season games. That's the issue. Most of the playoff position was decided but the NBA in a typical greed adventure decided they had to try and get Zion in .
    Agreed, they needed some extra games and even a little pre tourney to get what they want.

But I still doubt that any meaningful player sits because they don't like the bubble, can't get laid, or can't stand their bunkmates rap.

It will be interesting to see.

sosawestbrook

it can't be more then 10games judging by the schedule. plus who wouldn't want to see Zion play? especially considering you would be talking about them clinching a potential 8seed meaning Zion v LeBron first round.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    it can't be more then 10games judging by the schedule. plus who wouldn't want to see Zion play? especially considering you would be talking about them clinching a potential 8seed meaning Zion v LeBron first round.
    I could care less about Zion. You missed my point.

sosawestbrook

gimme Zion in an already ravaged season. why not? I want to see the Kings play too. real hoop fan shit. don't forget there is only like 3 or 4 teams that can win a title. everything else is fluff.its ALWAYS been that way. there is nothing different here.

lakerboy

Bro come on. The wizards are 24-40. 4.5 games back. No need for them to be there. Pels are 28-36.

sosawestbrook

from a gambling perspective, Pels to get in the playoffs in any play-in situation is CLEAN MONEY. type of bet that gets your dick hard & gets you a brand new pair of Nikes. CANT COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT.

but you are 100% right in saying to avoid any & all futures bets. its not smart at this point.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I’m starting to think they’re going to cancel it now because of the huge spike

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The plans of all these sports involve COVID existing.

Unless in runs rampant through the isolated players, I think they move forward with playing.

States might restrict fans again, that would affect golf, but just fan attendance.

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    spike in numbers, Spike Carlyle, Spike Dudley, SpikeTV, don't matter.

Lakers in 6.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Also got to factor in that any nba players that doesn’t feel safe or being away from their family doesn’t have to play and they will still get paid a portion of their salary

later
    You mean the portion they already been paid for the games they played? My understanding was they not being forced to go play but they won’t receive any more pay if they choose not to.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    The plans of all these sports involve COVID existing.

Unless in runs rampant through the isolated players, I think they move forward with playing.

States might restrict fans again, that would affect golf, but just fan attendance.
    I think what happening is the players seeing that it starting to appear other sports may be coming back and playing in their home arenas, parks, ect, with or without fans and they thinking “so why the penetrate we gotta be stuck in some bubble for 2-3 months? That kinda sucks!”, lol.

I would like for there to be games obviously but I certainly don’t blame any players who think the Orlando bubble is really lame and not wanting to go thru with it! I damn sure wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea!

12 Last