thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

NBA free agents after this season

Anyone know the actual wording of their contracts? I always thought they end on June 30. I haven’t heard this discussed at all. Seems like it could be a problem?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

do the 8 teams not playing get paid, seems like better deal stay home get paid then stuck in orlando for months

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

good question. have to imagine some deal will be reached in what they sign off on.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Yeah I cited it a few times early on after NBA shut down, as a cause for concern to ever getting back on the court in time.

I'd think a free agent would not want to risk coming back for a few weeks and risk injury, after a layoff right before getting a chance at a big contract for 2021.

I've not actually seen it addressed, but I guess it must be part of what they've negotiated for. If they start, they'll be pushing the 2021/22 start date back so I guess they could have the players agree to extend their contracts for a certain time period. But i'd think they literally need to re write those expiring contracts with an amendment and have the players sign it, no?