thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This is going to be incredibly fast paced. I assume they will want to keep 7 game series for the whole playoffs, since I haven’t seen any different anywhere. The teams in the finals should maybe get a break on the start of the next years training camp, since it’s only a couple months difference. Regular season will have to have afternoon games and playoffs will definitely have b2b games. This format will favor New Orleans in every way they can.

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Only team to vote against it was Portland

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Tony View Post
    Only team to vote against it was Portland
    Cus of lizzardfd

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

They can have games allv day long every day.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They can have games allv day long every day.
    Like college bball.

I'm down with this.

Nappyx
    Nappyx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 616

Half the fun in watching baseball is to see who will get hit in the head by a foul ball or drop all their shit trying desperately to reach a ball in the stands. Without fans... what the hell will we look at when the ball goes out of play

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Just realised Vince Carter is now retired -what a way to go! Always seemed to have an ambivalence to competition, and now in his farewell tour the competition shows ambivalence to him.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is a legend nobody will ever play their last 4 years of 22 year career on the worst teams in the league again with no title.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by Nappyx View Post
    Half the fun in watching baseball is to see who will get hit in the head by a foul ball or drop all their shit trying desperately to reach a ball in the stands. Without fans... what the hell will we look at when the ball goes out of play
    very good points

main thing is no tv audience also

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

still 1 month no sport! then it's start of a month of training! so actually it's 2 months no nba! by then there will be 2nd wave of corona! they talk about that a lot!. somehow these elites wants target people's pockets?

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post
    still 1 month no sport! then it's start of a month of training! so actually it's 2 months no nba! by then there will be 2nd wave of corona! they talk about that a lot!. somehow these elites wants target people's pockets?
    German league begins today. In two weeks time the Spanish league & Israeli league resume. NBA will be watching this like a hawk! The German league (BBL) will actually require its players to carry a tracking chip

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by play4win View Post
    If there is another major outbreak, I don't think it's happening until the weather gets cold. I think the warm, humid, summer weather is doing something to keep the #'s lower right now. With all the protesting & rioting going on, we should be seeing huge spikes otherwise. But then again, the George Floyd incident only happened less than 2 weeks ago...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hopefully the product is good and I thinking should be

Interesting type
    Format

IBetYou

Just watched & bet on my first game in 3 months. Wow what fun!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There is already a huge spike in several states including California. Nevada will be the next state to report a big spike. Some states are setting records for the number of cases reported. College Football sees 3 to 6 players per team test positive so far. Who knows how many the NFL will see. Here is a thought. We have gone through, and continue to go through a lot of protesting bout racial injustice. But if Covid-19 continues to rise and set new records, who are the ones who will suffer the most? Blacks. Blacks get infected and die at a much higher rate than any other race. Does this mean that professional and College sports are willing to give Blacks lip service just to remain in operation despite how many black lives it cost to do so? Just a thought.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There is already a huge spike in several states including California. Nevada will be the next state to report a big spike. Some states are setting records for the number of cases reported. College Football sees 3 to 6 players per team test positive so far. Who knows how many the NFL will see. Here is a thought. We have gone through, and continue to go through a lot of protesting bout racial injustice. But if Covid-19 continues to rise and set new records, who are the ones who will suffer the most? Blacks. Blacks get infected and die at a much higher rate than any other race. Does this mean that professional and College sports are willing to give Blacks lip service just to remain in operation despite how many black lives it cost to do so? Just a thought.
    Good point. If anything, sports re-opening (especially NBA & later NFL) might help to tone down some of the stuff going on in the streets & provide people with a much needed distraction. The allure of Playoff & Finals level NBA basketball is a force to be reckoned with. Even bandwagon suburbanites who claimed that "no one cares about NBA in this town with the team sucking ass" (a homer near Detroit told me this) would still tune in when the Golden State Warriors cracked into the Finals in all the past years.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

The teams that won’t be invited to Orlando for the resumption of the NBA season are discussing activities to make sure their players won’t be left without games for nine months, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. That plan could involve training camps, followed by a small summer league.

Wojnarowski lists seven teams — the Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, Cavaliers, Pistons, Timberwolves and Knicks — that are supporting a plan to hold joint practices as preparation for summer league games in August. Sources tell him that Detroit and Cleveland have talked about having practices together before a “mini-pod” of games.

Ideas presented by the teams, according to Woj’s sources, include two weeks of workouts in July, regional mini-camps in August with several days of combined practices and approximately three games on television, then organized team activities in mid-September.

Also, the teams left out of Orlando are seeking permission from the NBA to start to next season’s training camp a week to 10 days ahead of everyone else. Those teams are concerned that the long layoff will affect the development of their younger players, not only due to the lack of games but because of the long separation from team facilities and the structured life in the NBA.

“Nine months is too long without organized basketball,” Hawks owner Tony Ressler said. “We just can’t risk that. I think the league has heard that loud and clear. We are pushing to remain competitive. That’s what our players want. We were desperate to have something that helps us to stay competitive.”

“Not playing for eight months puts us in a competitive disadvantage, but again, I think there are creative ways to do so,” adds new Bulls executive vice president of basketball operations Arturas Karnisovas. “Collectively, I think these eight teams we’re getting now on calls and we have conversations of how we can develop our players and how we can have structure in place to get some practicing and possibly some scrimmaging in the offseason to catch up to the teams that are going to be playing.”

Wojnarowski points out that any games, camps or other activities would have to be negotiated by the league and the players union because they’re not part of the collective bargaining agreement. Sources tell him that the league office has promised the teams that it will work with them to find a solution.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It's running rampant amongst players of all sports because they don't practice social distancing. I think in the fall the whole country will shut down when the virus goes crazy again.

IBetYou

Summer League without rookies? Well I never... why don't they do the draft early, with lottery order by current rankings, so that they can have the latest generation be a part of it??

jjgold

I hope not

When is opening day for a game?

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's running rampant amongst players of all sports because they don't practice social distancing. I think in the fall the whole country will shut down when the virus goes crazy again.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I hope not

When is opening day for a game?
    July 31st

jjgold

Not that bad
    2 months