Drew Martin
    Drew Martin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10827

ATL Hawks Over Season Wins Still Pending

I bet the Hawks over, very likely a loser. Thought I would be bailed out by the pandemic, but still pending. When are the sports books going to refund NBA season over under bets?

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

there's no way they're going to play full 82 game season you're in luck it will get voided you just have to wait another 2 months probably.... Or until this eternal regular season is over. I was going to make a nice mint on arbing over unders at different books 1500 wiped out what I would have won

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Martin View Post
    I bet the Hawks over, very likely a loser. Thought I would be bailed out by the pandemic, but still pending. When are the sports books going to refund NBA season over under bets?
    I think books are just waiting for an official announcement from NBA before voiding futures.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Wonder how division titles will be graded. Voided too since 82g wont happen?

kevinkim
    kevinkim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Martin View Post
    will be void

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

This is gonna be weird when season does continue. We just have to wait and see.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i had my nhl points bets voided once the playoffs became the official notice of what they will play when they come back. i imagine books are waiting for the same from the nba.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

O/U bets will be voided. Division title bets MIGHT stand, it depends on whether or not the book had minimum games requirement in the wording.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51409

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    O/U bets will be voided. Division title bets MIGHT stand, it depends on whether or not the book had minimum games requirement in the wording.

I had a bet on Memphis over (27 I think) which was already graded as a winner since it already hit. So will O/Us which are a lock still be graded? Ok, as mentioned at one book they still gave it action, but I wonder if that will be true at every book or if they will just void them all, no clue what the fine print on that is.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    I had a bet on Memphis over (27 I think) which was already graded as a winner since it already hit. So will O/Us which are a lock still be graded? Ok, as mentioned at one book they still gave it action, but I wonder if that will be true at every book or if they will just void them all, no clue what the fine print on that is.
    Was it at a Euro book? If it is the book's normal policy to grade Overs as soon as they happen, it may stand. Maybe read the book's rules to see if there is any verification.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Was it at a Euro book? If it is the book's normal policy to grade Overs as soon as they happen, it may stand. Maybe read the book's rules to see if there is any verification.

It was actually at 5 Dimes. Did not see anything in rules about this. I dunno, this is kind of unique situation, are we even sure that every book has a rule to cover this setting?
    Last edited by ArunSh; 06-04-20 at 12:57 AM.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

It was actually at 5 Dimes. Did not see anything in rules about this. I dunno, this is kind of unique situation, are we even sure that every book has a rule to cover this setting?
    No, not all books have a rule covering this scenario.

Yes, 5Dimes does indeed have a rule covering this:

Total season wins are graded for each team on the date the outcome has been determined. If a team does not play all scheduled games, and those games could make a difference in the outcome, then the selection is "no action".
    https://www.5dimes.eu/sb_rules.html#general

LT Profits

Those books without game minimums are the tricky ones. Those that have them are clear cut. So to answer your question, no not every book.

But fact that 5 Dimes payed out is curious, because when they do not have something explicitly stated in their rules, they are supposed to revert to Vegas Standard.

EDIT: BOOM, I just saw DontTallMe's post!

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52069

These are Pinnacle rules:

Regular Season Wins Props:

Regular Season Wins Props:

1. NBA regular season win bets will be graded and have action when the following two things occur:
      a. The team, mathematically, cannot win the number of games indicated in the bet or has already won the number of games indicated in the bet.
      b. The team, at the time of grading, is expected to play all 82 games(or has already played all 82 games). In other words, there is no indication that the season will be or has been shortened at the time of grading.
    2. If there is any doubt that the season will be less than 82 games for a team, we will wait to grade regular season win bets until after the team plays its 82nd game. However, once a regular season win bet has been graded, it will not be changed, even if the team ends up playing less than 82 games.

1. NBA regular season win bets will be graded and have action when the following two things occur:
      a. The team, mathematically, cannot win the number of games indicated in the bet or has already won the number of games indicated in the bet.
      b. The team, at the time of grading, is expected to play all 82 games(or has already played all 82 games). In other words, there is no indication that the season will be or has been shortened at the time of grading.
    2. If there is any doubt that the season will be less than 82 games for a team, we will wait to grade regular season win bets until after the team plays its 82nd game. However, once a regular season win bet has been graded, it will not be changed, even if the team ends up playing less than 82 games.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

So it seems like the divisions did play themselves out (albeit in not the anticipated manner!). So I guess the divisional bets should be graded now?