Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Needs to be by generation
    This. Can't compare different times now a days.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Yeah it’s very difficult to do so

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Yes Duncan was better than Bryant. Bryant had Shaq, Duncan had David Robinson. Did more with less.

Russell over Bird (and Olajuwon) seems laughable to me. Glorified Ben Wallace?
    Duncan played with Kawhi Leonard, Tony Parker, and Manu. You realize David Robinson is probably worse than all those players, except Manu? Lol.

Duncan was a great player, but he didn't have "it." He wasn't special like Kobe. He couldn't take over a game like Kobe, on both ends. You can never tell Duncan "go out and get me 50 and shut down the best oppponent on the court" and he'd do it.

Anyone who thinks Duncan is better than Bryant doesn't know shit about basketball.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    LOL 8 of 10 are Lakers or Celtics

Garbage bias list

No KG?
    No Nash or Stockton
    No Malone or Hakeem
    Dirk??
    uh no

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    You're right, because to be a top 10 all time great you have to have been w the Lakers or Celtics.

JFC man, there's 28 other teams out there w rosters and history and trophies.
    Did I say that? You said Steve Nash and KG are top 10 players. You sealed your fate. Neither even in the top 25.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Jordan
    Russell
    Magic
    Bird
    Alcindor

Should be the correct top 5. NBA changed the rules to slow down Kareem, they changed the rules to help LeBron. That's a world of a difference in terms of prohibiting a legend and manufacturing one
    If you actually watched all those guys on your list play, you can't sit here and tell me they are better than Kobe Bryant. Everyone except Jordan couldn't do many of the things Bryant could do. The man had more in his arsenol, offensively and defensively, than any player I've ever watched live, or on TV, or in clips, or reruns of old games. There's no way you can sit here and tell me that Larry Bird was a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant. Amazing player, top 10 all time I agree, but there's just no way.... I don't even care about stats or awards or any of that, of which Kobe has bird crushed. I just look, as a basketball player, skill wise, there's no way that Larry or Magic or Russell can be compared to Kobe Bryant. The only person I ever watched who could do anything close to Bryant was Jordan. Bird and Magic played on some of the craziest teams ever to win rings. I'll never forget how Bryant willed his team against 4 hall of famers in the Celtics while he had 2 broken fingers and a fukked up shoulder.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Duncan played with Kawhi Leonard, Tony Parker, and Manu. You realize David Robinson is probably worse than all those players, except Manu? Lol.

Duncan was a great player, but he didn't have "it." He wasn't special like Kobe. He couldn't take over a game like Kobe, on both ends. You can never tell Duncan "go out and get me 50 and shut down the best oppponent on the court" and he'd do it.

Anyone who thinks Duncan is better than Bryant doesn't know shit about basketball.
    You realize he won a championship without those players?

He didn't need to take over a game, he was a rock... dominated start to finish. Ever there was a game 7 clincher you could pencil him down for an efficient 30 & 20 with a bunch of assists while playing great team defense.

It's the likes of you, creaming your panties when a guy goes for 50 and salivating over highlight clips, that don't know shit about basketball.

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

I hate these lists. what the hell is the point. all it does is tell me everything about how you feel about the game and absolutely nothing about the players listed. Jordan had the 90s, Kobe had the 2000s and Lebron ran the 2010's. this is indisputable. the rest is for the birds. who will run the 2020s? now that is the question.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You realize he won a championship without those players?

He didn't need to take over a game, he was a rock... dominated start to finish. Ever there was a game 7 clincher you could pencil him down for an efficient 30 & 20 with a bunch of assists while playing great team defense.

It's the likes of you, creaming your panties when a guy goes for 50 and salivating over highlight clips, that don't know shit about basketball.
    Played ball my whole life, I forgot more about the NBA and about basketball in general than you will ever know. Duncan won with Robinson then won with Parker and Manu, then won with Kawhi who took MVP. Ducan was the 3rd or 4th best player on his team in that 5th championship. Kobe was never anything worse than 2nd, and even when he was 2nd for two years (I'd argue Kobe was better than shaq in their ring together, not in the finals, but overall through the course of the season, Kobe put up better numbers), even when Kobe was 2nd, he was a kid, a child. Kobe would never allow himself to be the 3rd or 4th best player on a championship team.

Kobe eliminated Duncan from the playoffs several times with inferior teams.
    Kobe went out scoring 60 in a game. Duncan's retirement was a footnote, he was ineffective, just like Shaq. You realize how hard it is to even take 50 shots in an NBA game at almost 40 years old? Laughable. It's ridiculous. Most NBA players in their primes can't get off 50 shots. They literally can't get them off against defense.
    Kobe went for 50 NIGHTLY in his prime and SHUT DOWN your best player... So no, I'm not creaming my pants with guys like Harden going for 50 while chucking up 3s and free throws, Kobe was doing it while getting double teamed and he was the best defender in the nba, by far. Just like Jordan.

Duncan was never the best defender, Duncan was never the best offensive player. Kobe was both, for 10 years straight. No one ever once considered Tim Duncan to be the best player in the world at any point in his career.

So you lose this argument.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 05-14-20 at 10:53 PM.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    I hate these lists. what the hell is the point. all it does is tell me everything about how you feel about the game and absolutely nothing about the players listed. Jordan had the 90s, Kobe had the 2000s and Lebron ran the 2010's. this is indisputable. the rest is for the birds. who will run the 2020s? now that is the question.
    Sosa just won the thread

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

If you actually watched all those guys on your list play, you can't sit here and tell me they are better than Kobe Bryant. Everyone except Jordan couldn't do many of the things Bryant could do. The man had more in his arsenol, offensively and defensively, than any player I've ever watched live, or on TV, or in clips, or reruns of old games. There's no way you can sit here and tell me that Larry Bird was a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant. Amazing player, top 10 all time I agree, but there's just no way.... I don't even care about stats or awards or any of that, of which Kobe has bird crushed. I just look, as a basketball player, skill wise, there's no way that Larry or Magic or Russell can be compared to Kobe Bryant. The only person I ever watched who could do anything close to Bryant was Jordan. Bird and Magic played on some of the craziest teams ever to win rings. I'll never forget how Bryant willed his team against 4 hall of famers in the Celtics while he had 2 broken fingers and a fukked up shoulder.
    You are incorrectly comparing players to each other rather than the respective eras they played in and to their respective environments. This is chess not checkers

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Goat Milk

How many Kobe posters in your room?

IBetYou

Former players don't make great analysts... just consider the long list of former NBAers trying a new career in colour commentary or studio chat.

People that make a living on these games make the best analysts.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    You are incorrectly comparing players to each other rather than the respective eras they played in and to their respective environments. This is chess not checkers
    I don't believe that because Jordan played in the 80s and 90s and he is still better than any player in 2020. So you're telling me after MJ being out of the game for like 25 years minus those wizards years, no one came along that was a more skilled player? Same as Kobe then. Kobe is simply more skilled than Bird or Magic, it's not even close. Magic has admitted Bryant is the best Laker several times. Jerry West has said it. Shaq has said it. ESPN has a vendetta against Kobe for some reason, they always have. These journalists are annoying as f.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

"Kobe is simply more skilled than Bird or Magic, it's not even close. "

Goat man, all these lists come down to somebody`s opinion, and we know how you feel from the multitude of posts hailing the Mamba.

In my opinion, LB and Magic had every bit the skills of Kobe. Kobe was more spectacular from an athletic standpoint for sure.
    All 3 were stone cold killers in there own way. Even being from Boston and a huge Bird fan, I have always said Magic was just a bit better.
    I would also take Magic over every other player on the list after MJ to start a team.

Wilt for all the #s was a big ole pussy. Jabbar would have taken his lunch money just like Russ did.

Hakeem is the most overlooked of all these guys.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

The Goat's Milk has curdled.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    Looks like the 2020's may be run by the new kid...
    Covid #19

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Looks like the 2020's may be run by the new kid...
    Covid #19
    He'll be a great role model for the next generation, ruthless & enterprising just like our great leaders of today ;/

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Tony Parker could not shine Robinsons shoes. Goat. David Robinson averaged 26/12 and 4 blocks in his 20's guy is a top 10 player, arguably better than Duncan in prime though not as many good years.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Tony Parker could not shine Robinsons shoes. Goat. David Robinson averaged 26/12 and 4 blocks in his 20's guy is a top 10 player, arguably better than Duncan in prime though not as many good years.
    Duncan had a few good years, then fell off. Was always soft as fukk. Got bullied by so many bigs.

Parker had a better, longer career, also was more big time in the playoffs than Robinson over course of careers. Playoff ability matters. Think Robinson is on the same level as Dwight Howard, probably slightly better. Better scorer, worse defender.

Tony Parker was much better than dwight howard. Guy was a top 3 PG for 10 years straight. Robinson was a top 5 center for about 6 years. Never better than Shaq, never better than Dream, never better than Ewing.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

never better than Ewing.
    Patrick Ewing was never a good playoff player.
    He rarely had monster rebound games for a seven footer.
    He missed entirely too many shots in the playoffs as well.
    His best postseason was probably 1994 and his performance that year was hardly jaw dropping.

Ewing was a good center, far from elite and not close to a great center either.

How many rings does he have?

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Needs to be by generation
    Exactly

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

Dirk better than Duncan

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Dirk better than Duncan
    Dirk better than a ton of former players.
    Dirk's vastly underrated if that's possible.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Patrick Ewing was never a good playoff player.
    He rarely had monster rebound games for a seven footer.
    He missed entirely too many shots in the playoffs as well.
    His best postseason was probably 1994 and his performance that year was hardly jaw dropping.

Ewing was a good center, far from elite and not close to a great center either.

How many rings does he have?
    Ewing was probably surrounded by the worst supporting cast in any 1st man option in his career. Look at who he had around him. He never had a second scoring option ever

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9424

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Ewing was probably surrounded by the worst supporting cast in any 1st man option in his career. Look at who he had around him. He never had a second scoring option ever
    That's true, I've said many times if the Wilkins he played with was Dominique instead of Gerald he would have a few rings.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Now that's true he never had the luxury of a deep bench, but the amount of eight foot bunnies he missed in the '94 playoffs were astounding.

I lived in the East Village in NYC in '94, I (we) didn't miss an entire second of those playoffs.

By the way, Starks, Oakley, Anthony Mason, although not Hall of Famers were not exactly chopped liver.

Heltah Skeltah

Now that's true he never had the luxury of a deep bench, but the amount of eight foot bunnies he missed in the '94 playoffs were astounding.

I lived in the East Village in NYC in '94, I (we) didn't miss an entire second of those playoffs.

By the way, Starks, Oakley, Anthony Mason, although not Hall of Famers were not exactly chopped liver.
    Oakley was a rebounder and very good defender. Starks was nothing at all. Yes a great self made story but fair from good..very average. Just look at that championship when Starks decided to jack up all them shots. Anthony Mason..lol give me a fckn break..Knicks fckd up when they let the Xman walk for Charles Smith.
    Still thise guys you posted are a bunch of ny media hype

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Mason was really solid later in his career but kind of just a bruiser early on. He became a much better handler and passer later on.

Heltah Skeltah

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Mason was really solid later in his career but kind of just a bruiser early on. He became a much better handler and passer later on.
    So really what you are saying was Mason was a solid 7th man off the bench. I agree
    As in the Xman Xavier McDaniel he about averaged 20 a game in those playoffs and did work against Pippen. Knicks were a year away and then they go and let him go for that bum Charles Smith . Xman always played Pippen great..some players just match up well against others and he had Pippens number. Now let me be clear Xman was nothing great but when NY let him walk that offseason it was a huge mistake

stevenash

Did I say that? You said Steve Nash and KG are top 10 players. You sealed your fate. Neither even in the top 25.
    I’m the biggest Nash fan in the world and I wouldn’t put him in the top 25.

Heltah Skeltah

Rick Barry should be top 25

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Listing by the generation would probably be the best way to evaluate all players.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

on simple analytics, kobe doesn't come close to durant, lebron........ i'd say curry has way way better numbers....... i'm thinking shooting efficiency and win share/48 minutes........... basically to have him come close to those other players, it all comes down to defense. i believe kobe made many all-defensive teams but i'm a little dismissive of most of that voting. seems to be all kinds of stars.

kobe was a very exciting player and fearless leader. very good at tough shots, but should have even been taking them?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

I’m the biggest Nash fan in the world and I wouldn’t put him in the top 25.
    MVP 2 years in a row, i think........ not too many have done that... push come to shove, i do agree with you

how would we define the eras?............... i'm thinking someone looks at things statistically for changes to the game.

First 12345 ... Last