spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    good call Coach

bench players will have dance routines scheduled but without cheerleaders present seems more gay
    Very gay! We need the cheerleaders!

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Yes, liability is a huge iasue, if someone dies their will be huge lawsuits and many of the coaches are older. The ad revenue isnt going to ne there either, companies dont want to spend much on advertising when their businesses are closed.
    I mean wouldn't liability be everywhere? Any small business opening back up could face huge lawsuits if their employee dies too.

Life goes on though, you can't shut everything down until we get a vaccine in a year and a half.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

No fans makes no difference to me since i have the games on mute. When Doris starts doing analysis like she's actually coached a — game in her life that's too much to bare -likewise when former mediocre coaches start trying to do comedy to make themselves a brand

NOOOOOO!!!
    Last edited by shari91; 05-04-20 at 04:31 PM.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    I mean wouldn't liability be everywhere? Any small business opening back up could face huge lawsuits if their employee dies too.

Life goes on though, you can't shut everything down until we get a vaccine in a year and a half.
    The NBA has far more liability because they have far more employees, its much harder to monitor and test thousands of employees than 4 or 5.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t know what day things going to happen you can’t half ass open anything might as well just keep it close forever

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

shut it down wait til fall

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Its May 4th, if the leagues can drag this out through the end of May without making a decision, then its June and they need 4 weeks of practice to get in playing shape, so now its July, excluding the nfl which has a little more time. It seems to me no one wants to make a decision regarding re starting or finishing the seasons, maybe that's the plan just drag it out long enough to say there is no point re starting the season when we can start the next season on their regular schedule, they can basically just let the clock run out in the name of "safety". jmo

later

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Its May 4th, if the leagues can drag this out through the end of May without making a decision, then its June and they need 4 weeks of practice to get in playing shape, so now its July, excluding the nfl which has a little more time. It seems to me no one wants to make a decision regarding re starting or finishing the seasons, maybe that's the plan just drag it out long enough to say there is no point re starting the season when we can start the next season on their regular schedule, they can basically just let the clock run out in the name of "safety". jmo

later
    I think the leagues are waiting on two things. How states do as they begin to reopen. More access to testing for the public so the leagues don't look bad doing mass testing on players.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I think the leagues are waiting on two things. How states do as they begin to reopen. More access to testing for the public so the leagues don't look bad doing mass testing on players.
    You may be right but waiting on the states to see how it goes is still going to take a month then another month of practice and we’re back to July, needing two months to finish the nhl and nba. By the time they finish it’s almost time to start the next season

Your probably right on the testing thing though it won’t look good if their testing everyone every day while regular folks can’t get tested. Yet there is no shortage of tests where I’m at in Florida. They are practically begging people to come get tested for free every night on the local news

later

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    You may be right but waiting on the states to see how it goes is still going to take a month then another month of practice and we’re back to July, needing two months to finish the nhl and nba. By the time they finish it’s almost time to start the next season

Your probably right on the testing thing though it won’t look good if their testing everyone every day while regular folks can’t get tested. Yet there is no shortage of tests where I’m at in Florida. They are practically begging people to come get tested for free every night on the local news

later
    NBA I'm pretty sure is fine with that July start. It looks like they want to start the next season in December. Even before the pandemic there was some noise about NBA thinking of starting season in December.

NHL is in a different situation. Entering Canada right now requires 14 day self isolation. They might have to do it in a few cities in the USA.

Hey look at it this way we might get NHL and NBA playoffs in the summer and then NFL starts.

I'm hearing the dolphins have a plan to be able to have 15000 fans at a game with distancing rules like designated entrances and one row at a time leave at the end.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The longer there’s no decision the more they’re not gonna play

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57705

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    NBA I'm pretty sure is fine with that July start. It looks like they want to start the next season in December. Even before the pandemic there was some noise about NBA thinking of starting season in December.

NHL is in a different situation. Entering Canada right now requires 14 day self isolation. They might have to do it in a few cities in the USA.

Hey look at it this way we might get NHL and NBA playoffs in the summer and then NFL starts.

I'm hearing the dolphins have a plan to be able to have 15000 fans at a game with distancing rules like designated entrances and one row at a time leave at the end.
    That Dolphin plan is just ridiculous - Why even go if you are going to be so restricted! Don Shula is rolling over in his grave at even the suggestion of this!

wakefield23
    wakefield23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3377

-NBA teams are expecting the league office will issue guidelines around June 1 that will allow franchises to start recalling players who've left their markets as a first step toward a formal ramp-up for the season's resumption

-The NBA is still considering a two-site format for the return of the seasonincluding Orlando's Walt Disney World and Las Vegas

-Adam Silver will green-light the return to play in June -- with games expected to resume sometime before the end of July

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...mpression=true

First ... 4567