Gumdog
    Gumdog's Avatar Become A Pro!

but how does that make collison better then paul? paul is rated by everyone as a top tier point guard, u guys r saying that some young gun plays good for a few weeks and now his better then paul...he has to prove over alot more time then that..

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

because some nobody scrub came in and did chris pauls job. collison got that passion too, chris paul just always looks angry at his team.

MB
    MB's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you move him to improve the team. Definitely. I'm glad Collison has made a mark. I'ma UCLA fan and I didn't really see him doing any better than Farmar. Why should they keep Paul though? The west is stacked, and they could get a good couple of folks for him. That might kill basketball in the NO though

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trading Paul would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do

diegoelmestre
    diegoelmestre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

its to soon to make collison like an top PG.. it better wait some time... and cp3 isnt not any team who want release him

nastradamus
    nastradamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2956

Now NO have one great PG (Paul) and one good prospect PG (Collison) but Paul has much more value on market. So like LB wrote, it can by smart trade for Hornets. NO can get 2 good players or 1 great for Paul and still have 1 good PG= better future. Trading Collison is nonsense, this guy now don´t have value on the market IMO.

Trixie
    Trixie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 230

Trading Paul might yield positives for the franchise but to say that Collison is better than him (and thus effectively the best PG in the league) is just ludicrous. On a forum populated by commentors that perpetuate idiocy on a daily basis your achievement here is that this assertion would have to rank as one of the worst ever chronicled on these boards, ever. It is downright embarrassing. I'm not sure if you've tried to be shocking to start some kind of radical thinking but you've chosen the wrong one and hit the mark with the kind of accuracy a drunk shows a urinal. Terrible, terrible post. Even if you don't agree that CP3 is the best point guard in the league you have to agree that he is top 3. That would make Collison a legit contender for the title of best in the league according to your clown logic. Give me a break.

cookiepie
    cookiepie's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree

seanjohn007
    seanjohn007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

the trade jeff van gundy was talking about was chris paul/ okafor to memphis for gasol/gay/mayo. that could actually be a very good trade for the hornets because theyd have a young starting 5 thats really good and would rival many teams in the league. gasol/west/gay/mayo/collison would be competing with denver and dallas for the 2-4 spots in the west. but then they would still be young and turnover prone in the playoffs, and would most likely get broken up during free agency. i just dont see how you can trade the your franchise player and the guy that sells tickets, terrible business move. what they should do is trade collison and okafor for a young center like mark gasol or brook lopez and a draft pick. thatll give them a low post guy in lopez (if thats who they were able to get) and an outside post guy in david west. then you get rid or peja and his 13 million dollar contract to get another good 2 or 3 player. at least thats what i would do, it makes the most sense from a business and basketball stand point

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

It would be a basket ball move and nothing else. Collison can do much pretty much the same at hardly the cost and is younger. Like i said the hornets are cheap and they will move paul watch.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

i hope they move paul to the lakers then we'll all be happy especially me and all the laker fans

Kushtastic
    Kushtastic's Avatar Become A Pro!

So if Paul does get traded what team fits him best?

doxinho
    doxinho's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paul is the franchise player down here in New Orleans... can't really see them moving him because of his notoriety and importance to the organization off the court. I ****ing love Collision... but have no idea how they are gonna mold him into the team when Paul gets fit.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kushtastic View Post
    Collison isn't better. Collison fits the team better. CP needs to learn how to be a point guard and run the team rather then doing everything for the numbers.

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Collison is not nearly the distributor that CP3. They are vastly different point guards. That said, Collison is a starting point in this league so if you can move CP3 for front court help then it is worth a look. In the half court, CP3 is far far superior. I am sure they would entertain a Bynum/Brown for Paul type of deal. How about with Portland getting like Oden/Bayless.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yes you are wrong

$Burm$
    $Burm$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

paul may b their franchise player and better than collison but theyll never get newhere with him and the supporting cast right now, if they trade him they could get a lot of quality guys that they could build around...sure hes better than collison, but if they trade him for 2 or 3 quality players, ill take collison with those 2 or 3 against paul anyday

lakerboy

Looks like Paul will be going soon. Not the way i thought this would happen but its gonna happen most likely. Collison is adequate to replace Paul and makes less money. Its not like they were gonna win with Paul anyways.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

You just lost credibility saying Collison is better then Paul. Sorry bro. You really just did lose credibility right there.

Goat Milk

Chris Paul took a shit team to a 7 game series with the Spurs 2 years ago- and has been in the running for MVP MULTIPLE years. where did Collison take the same exact team - minus Chandler + Okafur ??? I'll tell you where. To the Bottom standings of the Western Conference.
    Also how many players have averaged over 20 and over 11 dimes for two conseuctive seasons?

How many PGs have averaged 23, 11, and 3 steals in a season? and also grabbing nearly 6 boards/game that season. The guy is 5'11 he is grabbing 6 baords a game?

He shoots nearly 50 percent and over 85 from the line almost every year.

Chris Paul is a fukking winner and easily a top 3 pg in the league. Collison is a decent pg right now, nothing more. He is the same player as Rodney Bobouis from Dallas. Same styles. completely different style of play that Cp3.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Chris Paul took a shit team to a 7 game series with the Spurs 2 years ago- and has been in the running for MVP MULTIPLE years. where did Collison take the same exact team - minus Chandler + Okafur ??? I'll tell you where. To the Bottom standings of the Western Conference.
    Also how many players have averaged over 20 and over 11 dimes for two conseuctive seasons?

How many PGs have averaged 23, 11, and 3 steals in a season? and also grabbing nearly 6 boards/game that season. The guy is 5'11 he is grabbing 6 baords a game?

Chris Paul is a fukking winner and easily a top 3 pg in the league. Collison is a decent pg right now, nothing more. He is the same player as Rodney Bobouis from Dallas. Same styles. completely different style of play that Cp3.
    I disagree on a couple things here, the rest seems spot on. First rebouding for points guards are usually overrated, if you watch Paul and Kidd, what they do is when a shot is taken instead of running outward to get the outlet pass they run toward the rim, its placement for them, not like they are jumping over people for boards, hey its a good thing they are getting boards no doubt, but some may think they are actually taking them, they arnt. Second, Collison is better than Beabois, hands down. Beabois shoots the ball every chance he gets, he isnt a true point guard, he's more a scorer, just blessed with natural quickness and leaping ability, he thinks he's A.I., but he cant score like that and there's really no reason to think he ever will, he's better than a poor man's A.I. but he's clearly not the mold of A.I., which isnt a knock on him, heck nobody is cut from the same cloth as A.I.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    I disagree on a couple things here, the rest seems spot on. First rebouding for points guards are usually overrated, if you watch Paul and Kidd, what they do is when a shot is taken instead of running outward to get the outlet pass they run toward the rim, its placement for them, not like they are jumping over people for boards, hey its a good thing they are getting boards no doubt, but some may think they are actually taking them, they arnt. Second, Collison is better than Beabois, hands down. Beabois shoots the ball every chance he gets, he isnt a true point guard, he's more a scorer, just blessed with natural quickness and leaping ability, he thinks he's A.I., but he cant score like that and there's really no reason to think he ever will, he's better than a poor man's A.I. but he's clearly not the mold of A.I., which isnt a knock on him, heck nobody is cut from the same cloth as A.I.
    Collison is better than Boob. I was just saying they are the same type of player. Both vey quick with the ball and both don't have really that consistant of a jump shot.

Sorry bro but in the NBA boards do not "come to you." You take boards in the NBA, period. Positionining is part of getting a baord. I didn't say anything about CP3's verticle or anything. He knows how to box his guy out and put himself in position to get rebounds.

What you think Kidd grabbing 7 boards a game every game of his career is lucky or they "come to him." That's what you call rebounding my friend. Positionining and Basketball IQ are part of getting rebounds.

lakerboy

You just lost credibility saying Collison is better then Paul. Sorry bro. You really just did lose credibility right there.

you make me laugh on how serious you take everything in the nba section. this thread was put out to spur discussion and thats what happened.

collison is going to be a very good player. the hornets werent gonna win with paul or without him. his impact can only be so much. he can help take a team that is ready over to the next level.

Goat Milk

my bad, had to do it

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

you make me laugh on how serious you take everything in the nba section. this thread was put out to spur discussion and thats what happened.

collison is going to be a very good player. the hornets werent gonna win with paul or without him. his impact can only be so much. he can help take a team that is ready over to the next level.

Why not?

Many think he is a top 5 NBA player

I say top 5 talent

Normally all you need is 1 star and another good player to compete

which the Hornets did have

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

What are the current rumors for Chris Paul as to where he might go?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Great post, Goat. Love the passion for hoops!

peeteer
    peeteer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

the hornets werent gonna win with paul or without him. his impact can only be so much. he can help take a team that is ready over to the next level.
    That's exactly what I think. It's maybe really good thing for NO to trade Paul if he doesnt want to play for them anymore. It means game time for Collison, who definitely isnt better than CP3 right now, but who knows what happen in the future. Collison needs to play a lot and trading CP3 would allow that. So, New Orleans, let Paul go and give Collison good team mates.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

players have major power in the NBA. the hornets need to move him soon as possible to any team that will give them the best deal!

Defuzas
    Defuzas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

It's time to get Hornets something valuable of this trade, not picks, not money and not averages..

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

anytime the face of ur franchise is complaining u need to try to make him happy asap. dont think they can do that for him so its time to trade him

Goat Milk

I dont think they need him anymore and they want to save money anyways. Collison is better than him anyways and i think they will ship his ass out in the summer and that would improve the team. Am I wrong ?

ok

Michaelmakesit
    I love action
    Michaelmakesit's Avatar Become A Pro!

8-0 start

LAKERBOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

PAUL AINT GOIN NOWHERE BUT FLAPPIN HIS WINGS TO VICTORY

lakerboy

Goat is on a drug high now.

Capybara