TGoat
    TGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!

A Word About Hate

I see a lot of discussion here about haters. Someone loses and the "haters" show up to, well, hate. Others then get disgusted with the haters and that brings on more hate, and finally everybody is hating on everybody.

My opinion on this subject is probably different than most. I love the haters. I don't get enough hate. Let em hate, I say.

I've also been called a hater. I remember a thread where I disagreed with what was presented and offered a different viewpoint--simple as that, two or three people piled on and called me a hater. So be it.

Some haters are mislabeled. They aren't really haters at all, just dissenters. But a lot of the so-called haters are just trolls.

But here is what really confounds me. I've been on the Internet about 10-15 years I suppose, and one of the very first things I ever learned was the following:

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS."

What amazes me is that most posters here and elswhere have not learned this. They argue with trolls, they fight with trolls, they re-hate with trolls ad-nauseum. Most trolls are just one hit wonders who make their trollish point and disappear. Other trolls love to make the argument go on and on and on. But it takes two or three or four to tango.

There are an endless supply of tangoers here.

There are two effective ways of dealing with a troll. The first and formost way is to simply ignore them. In lieu of that use humor. If you can make fun of them at their own expense in a humorous way that can really make a troll feel small. But the fact of the matter is that nothing infuriates a troll more than to be ignored. If you respond to them, and argue with them, they are in heaven. The worst thing you can do is use profanity. Then they really win. Trolls love it when you go on a profane tirade. That's how they know they really got to ya.

LakerBoy's thread offers a good example. LB has a bad day and a troll or two comes along and calls everyone a bunch of minions who can't win if they aren't following somebody, yada, yada, yada.

OK, that's cool. He's entitled to his opinion. It's an open forum, anyone can say pretty much anything they want, but comeon. All you have to do is ignore this and it goes away. But that's not what happens. The hater gets lots and lots of love in the form of responses to his hate. Ignore him. That's what works the best. I really am surprised so few people know this. It's Internet 101.

Remember, most trolls are saying what they're saying just to try and get a rise out of somebody--it usually works very well.

Imagine you're the guy doing the trolling and you didn't get one response. You'd begin to wonder if anyone even say your post.

Ignore the trolls. Let haters hate. They're not going anywhere. Move on.

By the way, if any of you haters are reading this, you are more than welcome to come on over to my thread and do your thing. Not nearly enough hate over there. I'm not doing too well, and I could use a little hate to spice things up.

I'm an equal opportunity ignorer.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

you not doing shit right right until ppl start hating.....

by the way this thread sucks
    is that enough hate for you?

i rather hammer the hater until he looks real stupid then he goes away, i get my share from time to time in the college forum doesnt take but a minute and i never hear from them again...love the entertainment