sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    Where’s the 401K wager on this weekends UFC?

sosawestbrook

lets talk Walker Buehler.

his pitching repertoire includes a high range of speeds and cuts from a zipping fastball that reaches the high 90s, a cutter in the low 90s, hard slider in the 80s and a wicked curveball that is in the 70s. he consistently keeps batters off balance by working extremely QUICK which is something I love about his game. he often dictates the tempo when he's on the mound and when he's in the groove he is difficult to break. this was evident last year as he was the only pitcher in the major leagues to have 2 different 15 strikeout games with 0 walks. if thats not impressive enough, consider the fact that he & Max Scherzer are the only pitchers to have multiple such games in this entire decade. the last person to accomplish such a feat was Randy Johnson in 2002.

another thing that blew me away was how competitive this kid is. last year, I was at a game where he struck someone out & he straight up told the batter to go sit the fukk down after a filthy 99MPH fastball. I love that type of energy. he has also spoken many times about how disappointed he was in himself after he gave up a gameshifting grand slam to Ronald Acuna in his playoff debut in 2018. he followed up that performance by going 7 strong innings with 7+ K's in his next 3 starts that playoffs, including a shutout in the World Series against the Red Sox. then in 2019, he pitched 2 quality starts for a total of 12.2 innings, striking out 15 & only giving up 1 run.

this is the type of guy the Dodgers have needed in their pitching staff all along. someone who is a warrior & does not fear the big moment whatsoever. to be honest, I would be surprised if the Dodgers don't win the World Series this year. that roster is absolutely stacked top to bottom. as showcased time & time again though, its strong starting pitching that wins titles. it starts with guys like Buehler, and I think this is his chance to shine & etch his name with the likes of Schezer, DeGrom & others as a top pitcher in the game today.

sosawestbrook

Walker Buehler over 59.5 total strikeouts -115 (2units)

the pitcher with the highest K/BB ratio in the league facing off against teams in the NL & AL West who have some of the highest strikeout numbers... yeah this number seems off. I gotta think he'll get at least 10starts which means he only needs 6K's/start to clear this number and he had over 7 last year. considering the schedule of opponents and the importance of each individual game, I gotta think he'll clear this relatively easy.

Last edited by sosawestbrook; 07-10-20 at 03:33 AM. Reason: added a GIF cuz I am an artist

sosawestbrook

Nick Castellanos hits over 7.5 HR's -115 (1unit)

Nick hit 16 homeruns in just 51games last year after getting traded to the Cubs. I think he made a great move signing to the Reds who have a chance to breakout this year & he should be one of their top performers. this number seems very low considering his performance last year and also the fact that half of his games will be at Great American Ballpark which is super hitter friendly.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10278

This is my type of guy...no homo

sosawestbrook

Andrelton Simmons hits over .268 AVG -115 (1unit)

we saw Simba really come into his own on the offensive side in 2017 & 2018 where he hit well over this number, then last year he suffered a brutal ankle sprain and was never really able to bounce back. I think all this time off will really help him to recover fully. as he enters his age30+ seasons, I believe we'll see a more polished Simba at the plate going forward. like other defensive minded shortstops such as Ozzie smith & Omar vizquel, its possible his best years offensively will come later in his career.

sosawestbrook

AL MVP

Ohtani san +1600

putting up numbers anything close to his rookie year will automatically bid his name as an MVP candidate. though I do have reason to believe Ohtani will take a pretty big leap offensively this season, and his pitching prowess should remain dominant. this kid is a flat out game changer. he's gonna have a chance to put up elite numbers as a hitter and pitcher simultaneously, something that hasn't been done in this era EVER. I just think it would be extremely difficult for baseball voters to gloss over a stat sheet stuffer like Ohtani, especially if the Angels find some success as a team. Im super excited to see his progression this year & there is no way I can pass on him winning MVP at these odds.

sosawestbrook

all ready for baseball season

NBA

Ja morant ROY +330 / risk 1 unit
    Kings make playoffs +315 / risk 1 unit
    Kings make playoffs +250 / risk 2 units
    Ben Simmons MVP +8000 / risk 0.5 unit
    Ja morant averages O6.5 assists -120 / risk 2.4 units
    Ja morant leads the league in assists +900 / risk 0.5 unit
    Trae young averages O21.5 points -120 / risk 0.6 unit
    Thomas Bryant averages O11.5 points -120 / risk 0.6 unit
    Thomas Bryant averages O6.5 rebounds -120 / risk 0.6 unit
    Buddy Hield averages O20.5 points -120 / risk 0.6 unit
    Marvin Bagley averages O7.5 rebounds -120 / risk 0.6 unit
    Collin sexton averages O17.5 points -120 / risk 0.6 unit

MLB

Walker Buehler wins NL CY Young +700 / risk 1 unit
    Walker Buehler over 59.5 strikeouts -115 / risk 2.3 units
    D'backs over 30.5 season wins -115 / risk 2.3 units
    D'backs make playoffs +180 / risk 1 unit
    Bryce Harper hits over .274 AVG -115 / risk 0.58 unit
    Bryce Harper hits over 12.5 HR's -115 / risk 0.58 unit
    Bryce Harper hits over 35.5 RBI's -115 / risk 0.58 unit
    Ohtani san wins AL MVP +1600 / risk 0.5 unit
    Nick Castellanos hits over 7.5 HR's -115 / risk 1.15 unit
    Andrelton Simmons hits over .268 AVG -115 / risk 1.15 unit

sosawestbrook

lets gooooooo

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Jack flaherty gonna win cy young pal. Him and buehler will be neck and neck tho. Think I’ll be playing both!

2daBank

I love Ja but I think this restart gonna set up for Zion to win it. He supposedly in great shape and the whole reason nba went with this format was to get Zion in playoffs!!

2daBank

Like the d-backs plays. Think they a dangerous team especially if those 2 cardinals they got in the goldy trade can stay healthy and continue improving! Ugh. Cardinals gave up some guys that bout to hit their primes! The 2 snakes got (goldy better bounce to his mvp form this year!) and the alcontera kid that was past the ozuna trade, if he can improve his walk rate just a little he could become a ace!!!

First 123