lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Who cares. Rules are supposed to be broken. Prove it.
    If you don't care what you doing in this thread?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    If you don't care what you doing in this thread?
    Entertaining myself. Why so edgy lately pal?

lakerboy

Entertaining myself. Why so edgy lately pal?
    I'm fine. Just responding appropriately.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Kawhi is allowed to talk to Paul George as long as he wasn’t acting on the orders of the front office. There's a good article about it referring to Dinwiddie recruiting Irving
    Wasn't Irving a free agent?

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If anything the league should have stepped in and blocked the deal for team stacking. I remember they veto'd Chris Paul from coming to the Lakers back in the day for that very same reason. Didn't want to stack the Lakers team with Shaq, Kobe and Paul back in the day..

Hypocritical league..

https://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba...chris-paul-off
    That trade was blocked because the NBA owned the Hornets and they could have got a better deal by shopping around. When David Stern blocked the trade, it was the same as if Thunder ownership blocked this trade. Stern even tried to work with the Lakers to get them to make a better offer, but they declined and the Clippers made the best offer

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...pchak-panicked

and Shaq was been gone from the Lakers for years and was on the brink of retiring when this thing happened

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Kawhi is allowed to talk to Paul George as long as he wasn’t acting on the orders of the front office. There's a good article about it referring to Dinwiddie recruiting Irving
    Here is why the entire "tampering and collusion rule" is so questionable...

It effects nearly 100% of all 2-3 stars combining for a single team. How?

Of course the front office has to relay information to 1 player... and that said player has to relay it to others who are part of the clique. There's no question it's collusion. That 2nd or 3rd player has no idea of that teams cap space.... salary in question etc.

This entire rule is bullsh#$ because every team is tampering etc. Chips don't fall exactly in perfect order to allow 2-3 stars on one team...

I wish the NBA would stop with the bullsh#$... just erase the rule... because everyone is tampering.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

It's better for the league that Kawhi went to the Clippers. Silver got enough grief about the Warriors for the past 3 years so he's happy the way it worked out

2daBank

I'm fine. Just responding appropriately.
    Something wrong. You havnt been very pleasant lately!! Whatever it is i hope things turn out well:

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    It's better for the league that Kawhi went to the Clippers. Silver got enough grief about the Warriors for the past 3 years so he's happy the way it worked out
    I think it made the NBA vastly more interesting next year. Still won’t care much about reg season but the playoffs should be fascinating!!!

lakerboy

I think it made the NBA vastly more interesting next year. Still won’t care much about reg season but the playoffs should be fascinating!!!
    No interest in staying up late to watch clippers and Lakers play

2daBank

No interest in staying up late to watch clippers and Lakers play
    I’ve never really given a shit bout the reg season but gotta admit the new landscape could potentially make next years playoffs as fascinating as they been in some time. Might be harder to bet tho,

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    That trade was blocked because the NBA owned the Hornets and they could have got a better deal by shopping around. When David Stern blocked the trade, it was the same as if Thunder ownership blocked this trade. Stern even tried to work with the Lakers to get them to make a better offer, but they declined and the Clippers made the best offer

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...pchak-panicked

and Shaq was been gone from the Lakers for years and was on the brink of retiring when this thing happened
    What ever the trade was blocked and all the owners were against it also.

I'm not complaining about these recent trades though, LA basketball might finally be fun to watch now!!

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What ever the trade was blocked and all the owners were against it also.
    The other owners were also the owners of the Hornets at that time. It was their money that bought the team.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    The other owners were also the owners of the Hornets at that time. It was their money that bought the team.
    Small shares though since it spread out across the league.. I don't remember how that was structured. I remember being very disappointed and hating on the league and Stern at the time as I was a die hard Lakers fan at that time..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

It's cool being an OKC fan knowing that a Superstar can just call our best player, that still has three years left on his contract, and tell him to just leave the team and come join up in LA.

LMAO.

I'm not mad at George but this isn't good for the small guys in the league.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    It's cool being an OKC fan knowing that a Superstar can just call our best player, that still has three years left on his contract, and tell him to just leave the team and come join up in LA.

LMAO.

I'm not mad at George but this isn't good for the small guys in the league.
    Sorry pal but this is great for the league. Having 7-8 really good teams far better than the crap they have had recently.

lakerboy

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-agency-rules

Looks like the commissioner might be waking up

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

dude's got rabbit ears. anything fans say he perks up immediately. last year fans wanted the playoffs seed by record and not conference. after all the history the lakers and celtics have, he says he is open to it. and bam the raptors win the chip. the nfc won about 15 superbowls in a row. did u see the nfl change anything? no. it balanced itself out. like you said, there is an increase in competitive teams. and the summer is all about the nba from the finals, to the draft, summer league, and free agency, which has succeeded the draft in levels of excitement and anticipation. baseball wishes people would talk about them this way. biggest topic they have this summer is a juiced ball lol.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Silver literally said nothing.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    because players can't be fined for tampering
    Yup
    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Tampering rules don't apply to players.
    Yup
    Oh really? Wasn't LeBron warned about tampering?
    They asked him not to do it so blatantly in public. There was nothing they could do if he chose to ignore them. His agent got fined. Players have always talked and will continue to do so.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    dude's got rabbit ears. anything fans say he perks up immediately. last year fans wanted the playoffs seed by record and not conference. after all the history the lakers and celtics have, he says he is open to it. and bam the raptors win the chip. the nfc won about 15 superbowls in a row. did u see the nfl change anything? no. it balanced itself out. like you said, there is an increase in competitive teams. and the summer is all about the nba from the finals, to the draft, summer league, and free agency, which has succeeded the draft in levels of excitement and anticipation. baseball wishes people would talk about them this way. biggest topic they have this summer is a juiced ball lol.
    I’m glad baseball isn’t another stupid soap opera. It’s why I still like mlb and care very little about nba. Of course that bout to change cause mlb commish a jerkoff and gonna start changing shit, dunno if I can deal w the 3 batter minimum rule for relievers they gonna introduce next year, fukkin stupid.,

BigDofBA

Sorry pal but this is great for the league. Having 7-8 really good teams far better than the crap they have had recently.
    I never said it was bad for the league.

It’s bad for the small market teams.

Have stars in LA is great for the league.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I never said it was bad for the league.

It’s bad for the small market teams.

Have stars in LA is great for the league.
    Other small market teams doing ok. Ya’ll just need to find and draft a star who wants to play for ya. With all the damn picks they accumulating hopefully they can.

BigDofBA

Other small market teams doing ok. Ya’ll just need to find and draft a star who wants to play for ya. With all the damn picks they accumulating hopefully they can.
    I really like Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.

Maybe he can learn under Paul.

It’s crazy to think I was in college in 2005 going to the sold out Ford Center to watch Chris Paul play for the Oklahoma City Hornets....now 14 years later he is back.

The team will not be good next year buts it’s kind of exciting thinking forward to the future.

It was time to part ways with Westbrook.

lakerboy

First 12