JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Lavar Ball comments on the Davis trade..

Say's this is the worst trade in Laker history for trading son Lonzo.. Lol....

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...68280226344962

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Lmao. Not gonna bother reading whatever that clown says, just know that if he disagrees then they absolutely made the right decision.

No matter how loud this moron is now his kid will fall into obscurity unless Zion can carry his sorry ass.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

They should call this dude the JJGold of the NBA. What a clown.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

why are we worried about another clown with a sub 100 i.q. thinks? If i wanted that i would listen to bye shea.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

^^You listen Lamar because he's a total asss clown, I'm just so HAPPY to see him go and not be a part of the Laker organization anymore. That's the best part of this trade IMO!!

We Laker fans in LA don't have to read his garbage or hear him on the local news anymore.

OH JOY!!! ....

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^You listen Lamar because he's a total asss clown, I'm just so HAPPY to see him go and not be a part of the Laker organization anymore. That's the best part of this trade IMO!!

We Laker fans in LA don't have to read his garbage or hear him on the local news anymore.

OH JOY!!! ....
    I couldn’t even imagine having to hear that ass clown all the time. Even if his kid was talented I’d have shipped him away for a lot less.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ghetto people lol

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

That whole family is irrelevant these days

sosawestbrook
    sosawestbrook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4486

good move for Lakers. they had to do it to capitalize on Lebron's final run in the league. no time for player development

but Lonzo is special. don't give af what anybody thinks that kid is a BASKETBALL PLAYER in every way.

he just needs to stay healthy. everything else will come. the shot will come

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by sosawestbrook View Post
    good move for Lakers. they had to do it to capitalize on Lebron's final run in the league. no time for player development

but Lonzo is special. don't give af what anybody thinks that kid is a BASKETBALL PLAYER in every way.

he just needs to stay healthy. everything else will come. the shot will come
    Yea except for things like shooting ability, jumping, athletically. Other than those hardly important things he is amazing!! Kinda like Jeremy Lynn!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Just getting rid of the father alone won the trade
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave lakerboy 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

sosawestbrook

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Yea except for things like shooting ability, jumping, athletically. Other than those hardly important things he is amazing!! Kinda like Jeremy Lynn!!
    Lonzo will be a terrific player & most importantly will contribute to a winning culture

sorry bro he is not Jeremy Lin. the kid has game. if you know you know.

1 year under Bron's wing was enough. time to take that wisdom & start showing out
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave sosawestbrook 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Lavar Ball is a star. When he talks, people listen. People carry his message to other people. He has influence and power.

2daBank

Lonzo will be a terrific player & most importantly will contribute to a winning culture

1 year under Bron's wing was enough. time to take that wisdom & start showing out
    Lmao. I was kinda being a dick with the lin comment but just exaggerating the other direction the way you are to the good.. you don’t know anymore than I do bro so let’s not talk in absolutes as we just speculating (kinda a pet peeve of mine! Lol)..

Winning culture? Where did he win at again? I’m having a tough time recalling!!

Kid hasn’t even proven durable enough to come close to handling a 82 game nba schedule.

Most guys I think have room to improve their jump shots but that ugly shit he passes off as a shot I don’t think will ever be effective enough to force guys to play up on him.

I understand why you think highly of him, his basketball iq and instincts are very good and that something you can’t teach. If he has shown any semblance of a great work ethic or willingness to put the extra time in to improve the many things he needs to maybe I’d be quicker to agree, but looking at him you can tell the fukkin kid hasn’t even bothered seeing the inside of a weight room!!!

I just don’t think he has the ambition or mentality it takes to put in the vast amount of work he needs to become even a all star let alone great.,. I been wrong before tho so we shall see... if he ever becomes a all star I’ll be 1st to come back and give ya a atta boy!! Fair? Lol.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Lavar Ball is a star. When he talks, people listen. People carry his message to other people. He has influence and power.
    You could say the same thing about Alyssa Milano.

Points Awarded:

Shute gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chico2663

your knowledge is lacking. guy has the most fukked up shot to ever play in the nba. Been watching nba since brian winters was a star. actually know big o. Living in cincy met few nba players. Watched lebron play in high school as well as a few coming out of ohio. Guy may get better but as of now he is good enough to be a bench player in the nba. Wish i could of said it for myself so not hating . Just being respectful. P.s. went to college with ron harper. did some work for dave cowens family and met pat cummins to name a few old school.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    your knowledge is lacking. guy has the most fukked up shot to ever play in the nba. Been watching nba since brian winters was a star. actually know big o. Living in cincy met few nba players. Watched lebron play in high school as well as a few coming out of ohio. Guy may get better but as of now he is good enough to be a bench player in the nba. Wish i could of said it for myself so not hating . Just being respectful. P.s. went to college with ron harper. did some work for dave cowens family and met pat cummins to name a few old school.
    Agreed,, and maybe I’m off here but judging by his body not adding any muscle mass so far I question his willingness to work on the things he needs a ton of work on!

chico2663

also have met most xavier and cincinnati players having season tickets all those years. But my fav. is mario elie. i have pic taken with him that i have saved

sosawestbrook

Lmao. I was kinda being a dick with the lin comment but just exaggerating the other direction the way you are to the good.. you don’t know anymore than I do bro so let’s not talk in absolutes as we just speculating (kinda a pet peeve of mine! Lol)..

Winning culture? Where did he win at again? I’m having a tough time recalling!!

Kid hasn’t even proven durable enough to come close to handling a 82 game nba schedule.

Most guys I think have room to improve their jump shots but that ugly shit he passes off as a shot I don’t think will ever be effective enough to force guys to play up on him.

I understand why you think highly of him, his basketball iq and instincts are very good and that something you can’t teach. If he has shown any semblance of a great work ethic or willingness to put the extra time in to improve the many things he needs to maybe I’d be quicker to agree, but looking at him you can tell the fukkin kid hasn’t even bothered seeing the inside of a weight room!!!

I just don’t think he has the ambition or mentality it takes to put in the vast amount of work he needs to become even a all star let alone great.,. I been wrong before tho so we shall see... if he ever becomes a all star I’ll be 1st to come back and give ya a atta boy!! Fair? Lol.
    he won in high school. Chino Hills was a top basketball program in the country when he was there

he won at UCLA. 15, 6 & 8 as a frosh leading them to a 31-5 record. their best season since they went to the Final four w/ Westbrook, Love, Collison & those guys.

Lakers weren't as bad as people think his rookie year. they were good when he played. same last year. he was hurt a ton though. dont have the n umber off hand

kid shot just fine in college. its not mechanics. see Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion, Michael redd, etc

its confidence. shooting is the easiest skill set to improve in the league. this has been proven time and time again. guys get better shooters with more reps

you are wrong about the athletic stuff. he's a legit 6'5 with bounce, speed, & quickness. lockdown defender. he needs to find more proper nutrition and ways to keep his body in prime shape. im sure Bron taught him a ton about those things

at the end of the day, thats a guy that I want on my team. period.

2daBank

I used to play pickup ball w lot of kids who played in the Missouri valley. Only one who went to nba that I recall was bunch of years older than me, Chris Carr who played for siu and I think had bunch of journeyman type years in the nba. Dude dunked it all over my head! Like I said he was several years older than me tho! He prob still woulda dunked on me but of course he did when he was 19ish and I was 15ish. Lol.

chico2663

Agreed,, and maybe I’m off here but judging by his body not adding any muscle mass so far I question his willingness to work on the things he needs a ton of work on!
    my buddies were doing work on nick lacheys house in ohio when he was dating jessica simpson. She was sunbathing in back yard. I'm definitely afraid of heights but lugged some shingles to have a peek. I was in my 30's and these guys always smoked at my house. So i was a pervert.lol

2daBank

he won in high school. Chino Hills was a top basketball program in the country when he was there

he won at UCLA. 15, 6 & 8 as a frosh leading them to a 31-5 record. their best season since they went to the Final four w/ Westbrook, Love, Collison & those guys.

Lakers weren't as bad as people think his rookie year. they were good when he played. same last year. he was hurt a ton though. dont have the n umber off hand

kid shot just fine in college. its not mechanics. see Kevin Martin, Shawn Marion, Michael redd, etc

its confidence. shooting is the easiest skill set to improve in the league. this has been proven time and time again. guys get better shooters with more reps

you are wrong about the athletic stuff. he's a legit 6'5 with bounce, speed, & quickness. lockdown defender. he needs to find more proper nutrition and ways to keep his body in prime shape. im sure Bron taught him a ton about those things

at the end of the day, thats a guy that I want on my team. period.
    UCLA did what in the tourney! Lmao. Winning at a stacked high school don’t mean much. And whether I’m wrong bout his career being nothing is still tbd athletically I’m not wrong at all, he slow, not a great jumper, and has more baby fat than muscle: you starting to come off as more a fan boy than realist.

sosawestbrook

you not telling me nothing dude.

ive played with and against some of the top players and local legends in my state.

fukked up shot? see Marion, Kevin Martin, Michael redd, Matt bonner, tayshaun prince, etc

don't matter what your shot looks like if it goes in. its about confidence. he lacks confidence right now.

if we took your logic, every player "may get better but right now is not good enough" then everything is a crapshoot dude. guys that are good stay good and no one gets better? get real

sosawestbrook

UCLA did what in the tourney! Lmao. Winning at a stacked high school don’t mean much. And whether I’m wrong bout his career being nothing is still tbd athletically I’m not wrong at all, he slow, not a great jumper, and has more baby fat than muscle: you starting to come off as more a fan boy than realist.
    bro its a tourney. 1 and done game. they lost to a great Kentucky team. he got outplayed by Fox but that doesn't mean he isn't a winner. everyone loses. it happens. you got to look at body of work

thats fine bro. im n to trying to convince you of anything. im simply providing my angle. take it or leave it thats up to you

chico2663

I used to play pickup ball w lot of kids who played in the Missouri valley. Only one who went to nba that I recall was bunch of years older than me, Chris Carr who played for siu and I think had bunch of journeyman type years in the nba. Dude dunked it all over my head! Like I said he was several years older than me tho! He prob still woulda dunked on me but of course he did when he was 19ish and I was 15ish. Lol.
    My father worked at aeronica in middletown ohio. every year they had a day at lasourdesville lake. Butch and chris carter's aunt worked for my dad. Their older cousin did also but he overdosed on heroin. Grew up with greg stokes was 3rd pick in nba i think by philly but played over seas. Maurice smith that played over seas. Played flag football in competitive league with pete rose. Played travel softball against darrell chaney,the original steel's team in early 80's. dad is related to richie farmer. Met him when he was child at my great grand mother funeral. He is 7 yrs younger

2daBank

bro its a tourney. 1 and done game. they lost to a great Kentucky team. he got outplayed by Fox but that doesn't mean he isn't a winner. everyone loses. it happens. you got to look at body of work

thats fine bro. im n to trying to convince you of anything. im simply providing my angle. take it or leave it thats up to you
    That all good, me too. You kinda started w the talking in absolutes. Like I said none of us know, we just making speculation based off past knowledge and what we think of the kid. Most the guys you named w ugly shots didn’t end up being all that great. Unless your bar for what is great is considerably lower when it comes to judging what he will become.

Personally I don’t see that shot ever being effective enough to keep defenses honest but maybe it will. Far as the athletism that only part I’m having a hard time believing can be argued. Those are measurable and pretty sure he don’t measure all that well in any area besides length. Not that you have to be super athletic to be a very good player, it just helps.

chico2663

you not telling me nothing dude.

ive played with and against some of the top players and local legends in my state.

fukked up shot? see Marion, Kevin Martin, Michael redd, Matt bonner, tayshaun prince, etc

don't matter what your shot looks like if it goes in. its about confidence. he lacks confidence right now.

if we took your logic, every player "may get better but right now is not good enough" then everything is a crapshoot dude. guys that are good stay good and no one gets better? get real
    guy has never won. yes he has talent. But only reason he is playing is because the nba is watered down. He is the most overhyped player since shawn bradley

chico2663

That all good, me too. You kinda started w the talking in absolutes. Like I said none of us know, we just making speculation based off past knowledge and what we think of the kid. Most the guys you named w ugly shots didn’t end up being all that great. Unless your bar for what is great is considerably lower when it comes to judging what he will become.

Personally I don’t see that shot ever being effective enough to keep defenses honest but maybe it will. Far as the athletism that only part I’m having a hard time believing can be argued. Those are measurable and pretty sure he don’t measure all that well in any area besides length. Not that you have to be super athletic to be a very good player, it just helps.
    he probably got to play travel ball with him. props to him. but guy is a joke. They tried to trade him and no one wanted his contract or his father's mouth. I will put ron harper over him anyday.

2daBank

he probably got to play travel ball with him. props to him. but guy is a joke. They tried to trade him and no one wanted his contract or his father's mouth. I will put ron harper over him anyday.
    I thinks if you could catch lakers shitty front office in a moment of honesty they would admit the only reason they drafted him was cause the PR.

His dumbfukk fathers mouth helped him in that regard but put a target on his back once he arrived. Still laugh thinking bout how Patrick Beverly destroyed him cause his daddy’s mouth, lol.

sosawestbrook

bro I don't know shit lol. i am honestly dumb but I love learning. and I love the game. I only speak on things that I feel confident about. I don't just say shit to say it. unless im fukking around or something.

the guys I named though were all stars in the league. thats a pretty good baseline. but I was comparing them strictly from the standpoint of shooting mechanics and how even ugly shots can translate to high efficiency shooting.

look up Lonzo at the start of last year's training camp. he was jacked bro. he's a legit 6'5 w/ long limbs. he's quick. so I odnt know where you are getting that

sosawestbrook

chico2663

sorry bro. I can't even respond to you any more. you have said some silly things

peace

2daBank

He is long, what other areas does he measure well?

Vertical? I doubt it.

Any type speed/quickness drills that are measured? Not likely.

I don’t know that for a fact, if he does really measure well in any of those I’ll hapilly admit I’m wrong, just highly doubt he does.

chico2663

SEASON TEAM
    2017-18 LAL
    2018-19 LAL
    Career
    GP GS MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    52 50 34.2 3.9-10.8 36.0 1.7-5.7 30.5 0.6-1.4 45.1 1.3 5.6 6.9 7.2 0.8 1.7 2.3 2.6 10.2
    47 45 30.3 3.9-9.7 40.6 1.6-4.9 32.9 0.4-1.0 41.7 1.1 4.2 5.3 5.4 0.4 1.5 2.4 2.2 9.9
    99 95 32.4 3.9-10.3 38.0 1.7-5.3 31.5 0.5-1.2 43.7 1.2 4.9 6.2 6.4 0.6 1.6 2.3 2.4 10.0

if you call these stats great... you need to adjust your thinking. Can he become great? Definitely. I hope he does. But for now it is a pass. I think best thing for him is to get out of l.a. because maybe there is to much pressure on him.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

If he could stay healthy an entire season, he would make a lot of progress on his shot/confidence/etc. Maybe now that he's not going to be wearing shitty BBB shoes, he can. Kid has skills, but he's not worth the headache.

chico2663

chico2663

sorry bro. I can't even respond to you any more. you have said some silly things

peace
    most people that are wrong feel as you do. stats do matter and if you think a 40%>shooting percentage is great. fine. But for me no go.

1234 Last