champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    If he wouldve won this title for an American team that had never won before, it would be a much bigger deal here in the USA than it is right now
    Instead, it’s the biggest deal ever in Canada. I think some of you just don’t like the fact that the nba championship resides outside of the USA.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

If Leonard walks it will be equivalent to when Lebron first left the Cavs.. Fans will take it hard up in Toronto.. There will be Jersey burning going on!!

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

The Lakers are a mess and the clips have Jerry west

If he goes LA it's da clips
    Lol. Jerry west think a LA kid gives a fuk about that? And will want to be a clipper? Everyone knows lakers run LA

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is staying guy
    100%

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is staying guy
    100%
    I hope youre right JJ

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Clippers are a joke franchise. I know I know they have a rich owner and west and cap space blah blah blah.

Leonard will stay. 2 year deal.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    The raptors were 17-5 without him this year. If you think other teams will be so accommodating to load management with Leonard, don’t be so sure when the team is struggling to make the playoffs.
    Load management the new catch phrase. After seeing what happened to Klay and KD, vs how kawhi was handled, every team in the league will look closely at load mgmt now. Just watch

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    Instead, it’s the biggest deal ever in Canada. I think some of you just don’t like the fact that the nba championship resides outside of the USA.
    Canada feels far away from me in California. Don t care.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Lol. Jerry west think a LA kid gives a fuk about that? And will want to be a clipper? Everyone knows lakers run LA
    6 straight years missing the playoffs.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    If Leonard walks it will be equivalent to when Lebron first left the Cavs.. Fans will take it hard up in Toronto.. There will be Jersey burning going on!!

Wrong. He won them a title. Kawhi will say he wants to go home, that it's been his dream to play in southern California, and all will be forgiven.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Clippers are a joke franchise. I know I know they have a rich owner and west and cap space blah blah blah.

6 straight years missing playoffs Bruh

homie1975

Perfect time to go west is right now. GS beaten and injured, and the Lakers a mess. Only have to contend w a few teams that don't play D.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

There was a report he bought a real estate in Toronto during the playoffs. Why would he do that if he wasn't considering re-signing? -he doesn't like the cold so it's not going to be a holiday home.

What I find funny is how people overlook Siakam, as if he's not a star. He & Leonard could be a great duo for many years to come. I think he will ultimately choose Clipperland. He knows he'll be loved in Canada for the rest of his life, so why spoil it? Get out of there on a high.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    There was a report he bought a real estate in Toronto during the playoffs. Why would he do that if he wasn't considering re-signing? -he doesn't like the cold so it's not going to be a holiday home.

What I find funny is how people overlook Siakam, as if he's not a star. He & Leonard could be a great duo for many years to come. I think he will ultimately choose Clipperland. He knows he'll be loved in Canada for the rest of his life, so why spoil it? Get out of there on a high.
    Kawhi is denying the report. And BTW, toronto is very nice in the summer and NBAers do get the summers off. Even if he did buy one, what's wrong with buying an investment property in a city other than the one you live in? people do buy investment properties, you know.

https://www.earnthenecklace.com/fact...h-the-raptors/

homie1975

you're just salty because:

A) you know Kawhi does NOT want to play with lebron so he will Not come to the lakers.

B) you know he wants to come home to LA and you are starting to feel jealous of the clippers who continuously make the playoffs while your lakers are sitting home (6 straight years)

you are guessing here with your heart not your head.

IBetYou

Yah, a lot of places are nice in the summer time. Investing in a home seems a but random to me for a guy that is eligible for a super-max (250mil) contract.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30424

This was him after the Sixers series. It almost seems like he let slip that it could have been his final game with the team, but he paused and said the season.

Obviously things have changed and he's more likely to stay after winning a title. Short term deal seems most likely. Then if he doesn't win another title, he can bolt for LA guilt-free.

2:02 is when he says it.

IBetYou

He's guilt free anyway. Never said nor implied he wanted to be there. Got them a championship.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

where do you see the report was false. He bought a house in forret hill off post road where drake is builing his mansion

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    He's guilt free anyway. Never said nor implied he wanted to be there. Got them a championship.
    Bingo.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    where do you see the report was false. He bought a house in forret hill off post road where drake is builing his mansion
    At a June 9 press conference, he was specifically asked if he bought a property in Toronto. And Leonard shot it down cleanly.
    “No, it didn’t. It didn’t happen yet, no,” Leonard said. (Keyword: yet)

In January 2019, it was reported that Leonard purchased a home in San Diego with a price tag of $13.3 million. That led to speculation that he is interested in returning to Los Angeles, his hometown, to play for the Lakers or Clippers. But that purchase doesn’t confirm his next move.
    Similarly, if Leonard buys (or doesn’t buy) a home in Toronto, it doesn’t necessarily relate to his NBA contract. For now, his focus is on the NBA Championship and fans can still cross their fingers that he might extend his stay with the Raptors.

asiagambler

I think there has to be at least a small amount of guilt if he leaves. Seems like he has a good relationship with all his teammates

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    This was him after the Sixers series. It almost seems like he let slip that it could have been his final game with the team, but he paused and said the season.

Obviously things have changed and he's more likely to stay after winning a title. Short term deal seems most likely. Then if he doesn't win another title, he can bolt for LA guilt-free.

2:02 is when he says it.
    he talks so little and STILL almost slips up all the time LOL. it's a good thing he talks so little !!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Guy really wants to play for Clips.

Eventually he probably ends up there, but after he's done carving his career.

Not sure about it, like we knew about James a year in advance. That was strange, we knew he was going to Los Angeles as a fact and for months they had a prop up like it was up in the air.

SBR posters even debated it, even though the decision was made and his kid was even enrolled in an LA school.

Probably same thing will happen here, everyone will speculate over speculation and find a way to ignore the facts.

I don't know anything about the Leonard situation except that he would like to play for the Clippers eventually and act like it's "home"...lol.

homie1975

I think there has to be at least a small amount of guilt if he leaves. Seems like he has a good relationship with all his teammates
    nothing different than ANY other star leaving a place he has been for many years. Oh wait, Kawhi has only been there One year.

NO GUILT. ZERO.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1264

At a June 9 press conference, he was specifically asked if he bought a property in Toronto. And Leonard shot it down cleanly.
    “No, it didn’t. It didn’t happen yet, no,” Leonard said. (Keyword: yet)

In January 2019, it was reported that Leonard purchased a home in San Diego with a price tag of $13.3 million. That led to speculation that he is interested in returning to Los Angeles, his hometown, to play for the Lakers or Clippers. But that purchase doesn’t confirm his next move.
    Similarly, if Leonard buys (or doesn’t buy) a home in Toronto, it doesn’t necessarily relate to his NBA contract. For now, his focus is on the NBA Championship and fans can still cross their fingers that he might extend his stay with the Raptors.
    dont belive everything u hear in the press bud.

he bought off of post road i forget the street its not even that close to scotiabamk its innforrest hill suburb north of toronto. still doesmt mean anything tho he could leave easily

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Guilt.

LMAO no player ever had to experience guilt or even have reason to when it comes to where they play.

C'mon guys, it's the NBA, quit being such "fans" and making up drama.

In the end it's not up the player. Even if two organizations offer and he gets to choose, the choices were made for him, to even narrow it down.

In the end, he's just another player.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Guy really wants to play for Clips.

Eventually he probably ends up there, but after he's done carving his career.

Not sure about it, like we knew about James a year in advance. That was strange, we knew he was going to Los Angeles as a fact and for months they had a prop up like it was up in the air.

SBR posters even debated it, even though the decision was made and his kid was even enrolled in an LA school.

Probably same thing will happen here, everyone will speculate over speculation and find a way to ignore the facts.

I don't know anything about the Leonard situation except that he would like to play for the Clippers eventually and act like it's "home"...lol.
    True. PG13 told Indiana he wanted to be a laker but then he spurned the Lakers to remain with OKC. but then again, PG13 is no Kawhi.

Kawhi is a Black Jesus

asiagambler

nothing different than ANY other star leaving a place he has been for many years. Oh wait, Kawhi has only been there One year.

NO GUILT. ZERO.
    I know he doesn't owe them anything but he's been with them all year, gone to war with them and won a title. Maybe guilt isn't the right word but there's still something there

homie1975

I know he doesn't owe them anything but he's been with them all year, gone to war with them and won a title. Maybe guilt isn't the right word but there's still something there
    Yup, and they will always be connected through this championship.

his former toronto raptors teammates can hang out with him when they visit LA to play the clippers and they can visit his home in the summer.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe when a player says publicly anything about where they want to play or might play they should fine the player, team, and agent for tampering.

Shut these dumbasses up and keep the business end out of the public eye.

It's nobody's business and it's tampering...or should be considered such.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Maybe when a player says publicly anything about where they want to play or might play they should fine the player, team, and agent for tampering.

Shut these dumbasses up and keep the business end out of the public eye.

It's nobody's business and it's tampering...or should be considered such.
    AMEN and shut the agents up also. Rich Paul holding the Pelicans hostage saying that AD won't stay in Boston longer than a year LMAO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

AMEN and shut the agents up also. Rich Paul holding the Pelicans hostage saying that AD won't stay in Boston longer than a year LMAO
    Hadn't smoked yet, thought I was being a little rough, lol, but I'm glad you get what I'm saying.

It's like they are starting to thrive on this buzz to keep relevancy in the offseason. Trades and rumors of trades, who might sign where, etc. are always big story when they're not playing, but something's just not right trying to use the media to help influence where you go.

It's like they want to test or "play it out" in the court of media first or even make an owner look like a bad guy for turning down a deal that never existed.

The business is just too damn big...lol.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

you're just salty because:

A) you know Kawhi does NOT want to play with lebron so he will Not come to the lakers.

B) you know he wants to come home to LA and you are starting to feel jealous of the clippers who continuously make the playoffs while your lakers are sitting home (6 straight years)

you are guessing here with your heart not your head.
    Bro get this in your head. I don't give a fukk about the Lakers. Once James went there I was done with them. As a Tor area resident I hope he stays.

homie1975

Bro get this in your head. I don't give a fukk about the Lakers. Once James went there I was done with them. As a Tor area resident I hope he stays.
    ok that explains it. you are biased. as a LA resident i hope he comes here so I am biased too. we have better weather and hotter chicks. oh and we have beaches. seriously though, the case i made in the OP makes the case for him to leave. HE GONE.

how do you did your team because of LeBron? that means your hate for LeBron is greater than your love for the Lakers.

i grew up watching Showtime Lakers. fast break. Magic to James Worthy, then the dunk.

First 12345 ... Last