Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Klay Thompson tore his ACL

Damn was this team cursed? Cousins went there and some voodoo priestess followed. Some serious root at work against that team. Guys falling like oak trees.

But if you look at that shitty bench and add up all the minutes these guys were logging, it was bound to happen.

Klay and KD may not be ready next year. Ouch

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15343

And just like that the West is wide open

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

That was the end of the warriors. Too many miles on their bodies

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Damn was this team cursed? Cousins went there and some voodoo priestess followed. Some serious root at work against that team. Guys falling like oak trees.

But if you look at that shitty bench and add up all the minutes these guys were logging, it was bound to happen.

Klay and KD may not be ready next year. Ouch
    if anything i would say lebron has a voodoo doll. kyrie wants to go and play with kd. boom torn achilles 2 weeks before fa. gsw weaker. and then klay torn acl. AD refusing to play for anyone other than lakers. and people said lebron wouldn't make the finals in the west. looking pretty good from here.

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO

Just locked in Lakers +900 in the sbr book
    why not

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

great bet.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    if anything i would say lebron has a voodoo doll. kyrie wants to go and play with kd. boom torn achilles 2 weeks before fa. gsw weaker. and then klay torn acl. AD refusing to play for anyone other than lakers. and people said lebron wouldn't make the finals in the west. looking pretty good from here.
    Damn stars seem to be aligning for the Lakers but let’s see what happens next in the soap opera that is the NBA.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Sad to see as a Warriors fan but they were vulnerable all year and injuries finally caught up to them. All dynasties come to an end in the NBA because teams just get old and in the Warriors case injured. Hopefully this means the NBA will be exciting next year because anybody can win the West for a change.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

The warriors paid dearly for not giving up 2 all Stars done for the year jeez

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO

Hell of a run. 5 straight finals and 3 titles. As a Cavs fan, I was rooting against them naturally, but they were definitely the most fun team to watch when they were firing on all cylinders. Damn shame for them to go out like that with the devastating injuries to KD and Klay but what can you do? Saw the same shit happen to the Cavs in 2015 with Love and Kyrie. Sports can be cruel

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Karma is a bitch. Feel bad for Klay and KD. Let's be honest though they signed they best player in the world ( or at least second best) in KD and were acting all bad and arrogant beating the Cavs.

2015- Kyrie and love out otherwise Cavs win.

2017- kawhi was injured on purpose by that goon pachulia. Spurs were going to give them a great series.

2018- Paul gets hurt or they were going to lose.

Karma is a bitch. By the way tonight the warriors had 3 hall of fame players playing besides Klay

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    Hell of a run. 5 straight finals and 3 titles. As a Cavs fan, I was rooting against them naturally, but they were definitely the most fun team to watch when they were firing on all cylinders. Damn shame for them to go out like that with the devastating injuries to KD and Klay but what can you do? Saw the same shit happen to the Cavs in 2015 with Love and Kyrie. Sports can be cruel
    interesting the 3 teams that failed 3 peat with opportunity in finals were magic's lakers, and magic got hurt after being in finals 4 of 5 years. lebron's heat with dwade looking 100 yrs old after 4 straight finals. and the warriors this year after 5 straight finals and kd and klay being hurt. attrition can be the biggest competition as well as the opponent.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

it just hit me what this injury means for kd. no way warriors sign him to a max and klay having two guys out for a year taking 80+ mil of the cap. and basically having steph and draymond as only solid starters. so they may have signed kd out of guilt initially. but now with klay injury they are going to give him a max out of loyalty. kd can opt for the 31 mil or take his chances with another team for 45 mil next year to rehab and play the following year. he already took a paycut to join warriors leaving 10 mil on table. now he would be leaving 14 mil on table for one year if he doesn't opt out. they may keep cousins and pay him 14 mil for next year as he should be healthy. they can't go into camp with draymond, steph and looney.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Klay tore his ACL??? Wow!! And he didn't even want to leave the court!! Crazy!!!

He was jumping up and down... staying loose etc.

How come he didn't feel like he tore it??? He was ready to play defense right after the free throws. Blows my mind how he stayed out there.

What basketball move could he of done... that he would of fell on the floor again??

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by unlearn View Post
    And just like that the West is wide open
    Basketball is so lame though

best part is it’s over til October

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

wow

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Sad thing .

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This finals had about as many twists and turns as ever before, now the offseason will be even more crazy

jjgold

off season will be quieter now

If Leonard stays not much diference anywhere

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Yeah gold crickets exactly right

jjgold

If Phila keeps same team they will be good

Toronto and Bucks will be good

That is it East

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

only guy on the starting 5 that isn't an asshole.. sad.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Tired legs the reason behind this

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Klay and KD are both free agents. It will be interesting to see if the Warriors max either guy or let them walk.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Came back too early from that strained groin. Overcompensated and injured something else. Him and KD can share a bunk bed at rehab center.
    Last edited by Shafted69; 06-14-19 at 08:11 AM.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    off season will be quieter now

If Leonard stays not much diference anywhere
    Would love to see Leonard MAN UP and stay. Don't be a one hit wonder.

His true personality will come out making this decision.

I know he talks about "TEAM" and everything... but let's be honest here... it's about HIM! ME ME ME ME!!! He just doesn't say it!

jjgold

Yes Leonard will show his true colors

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I know he talks about "TEAM" and everything... but let's be honest here... it's about HIM! ME ME ME ME!!! He just doesn't say it!
    Fans are insatiable

He brought an entire country that never wins anything a championship

He already manned up

whatever he does next should be in his own interests

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

What are yo talking about??? Toronto raptors was the laughing stock of NBA before the arrival of kawhi leonard, he made history and done something most of us never imagined it would ever happen, all Canadians love him to death whether he stay or go, obviously they would love for him to stay but they would root for this guy for life no matter where he goes. His mission in toronto is completed as far as im concern, kawhi true interest lies in LA, and he should probably go pursue his happiness.

jjgold

If he goes to the Clippers they’ll be heavy favorites to get to the finals

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30364

Klay tore his ACL??? Wow!! And he didn't even want to leave the court!! Crazy!!!

He was jumping up and down... staying loose etc.

How come he didn't feel like he tore it??? He was ready to play defense right after the free throws. Blows my mind how he stayed out there.

What basketball move could he of done... that he would of fell on the floor again??
    Rajon Rondo tore his ACL in the 4th quarter of a game against the Hawks and finished the game out that included 2 overtimes.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by sk0002 View Post
    What are yo talking about??? Toronto raptors was the laughing stock of NBA before the arrival of kawhi leonard, he made history and done something most of us never imagined it would ever happen, all Canadians love him to death whether he stay or go, obviously they would love for him to stay but they would root for this guy for life no matter where he goes. His mission in toronto is completed as far as im concern, kawhi true interest lies in LA, and he should probably go pursue his happiness.
    Leonard had ZERO intention of staying in Toronto. If Toronto lost to G.S. in the series... Leonard would of been THE SHEEP. Again, he was leaving anyways! Even though fans would be begging him to stay for another run!

Not denying Leonard's talent.... that was never a question. Took a lot of guts to walk out on POP and the Spurs. He was lucky enough to get a deal done... so he didn't have to sign a multi year contract.

He brought a Championship to a country... and that's a "FREE HALL PASS" to leave??? Unreal.

Like I said... we'll see what he decides to do. He never wanted to be in Toronto. He just made it work. Anywhere was better than San Antonio.