Kirby Zhang
    Research time!
    Kirby Zhang's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Friday Picks From Kirby

I know my 50% ATS record doesn't reflect that I swept last night, but I guess it does make up for some early week shenanigans. None the less today is a day to be careful and invest properly. Yesterday Vegas took quite the hit. 92% of all major public bets won, that is a lot of payout guys. Cle, Milwaukee, Denver, Den/GS Over....Anyway here are the premiums for Friday.

Dallas @ Atlanta - Dallas Moneyline +130

When I started looking at today's cards I, like the most of the bettors who glanced at the card thought two things initially: I thought "holy ball sack, Portland @ Chicago!" and then I saw this game, the Dallas Atlanta game. It is honestly my opinion that one of these plays are moneyline plays, but I think the team that really understands the importance of the next game is Dallas. Not only are they seasoned veterans (unlike your young Portland team) they've also made some adjustments. Dallas really had some problems towards the end of the first half of this season, but it really looks like they've turned things around, especially after winning in LA. They also lost their last time in Atlanta, and I think the Mavs recognize how important it is to take this game. Dallas is 24-34, far less impressive than Atlanta is Against the spread, but I feel that with Dallas's new improvements they added a good defensive dimension to their game, this seems like it would cancel out Atlanta's offensive problems. I see Dallas winning this one.

Also, as a side note I'd say that Portland is on their third road game of a five game trip. Both first games played were against weak teams, teams Chicago is better than, including a back to back game on Tues/Wed. Portland is young, but also inconsistent at times. I'd be careful.

Orlando @ New Orleans - Orlando -4.5

New Orleans is a team that does well against smaller teams, I remember taking them over Houston this last weekend, which undoubtedly was a good pick, none the less I don't see them getting over their issues with bigger defensive teams. New Orleans has had some problems getting into the paint. With no defense, no Chris Paul, and only relying on Collison and Marcus Thornton to outscore a Orlando team that is infamous for the three pointer this looks like a massacre waiting to happen. In Addition Orlando is on their high horse, playing well and rested up, so if this game is a set up I'm sold because this one looks money all day. Okafor won't be able to guard Howard, and Vince Carter (Who has done historically well against New Orleans) will run circles on Peterson. In order for New Orleans to win they'll have to play full pressure defense... all game with no veteran point guard? get out of here....

Utah @ Sacramento - Utah -7
    Utah on the road is a little scary, their home record is amazing, but for some reason when they get out on the road they are just up and down. Good thing they were relaxing yesterday, because I'm sure they were watching that Denver game in their hotel suits. I really don't think they'll pass this chance up to beat a weak team in which they already owned, not to mention has no solid center, even though I think Spencer is questionable and may play I think the moral of Sacramento has been way down as well... I just really don't see this one happening for the Kings. I think it'll be up and down, and yeah they'll stay close by, but in the late third Utah will shut Sacramento down. I usually don't bet anything other than four point responsibility, but I see Utah by ten plus in this one...

----------------------------------------------------------

Okay those are my premiums. Here's the rest of the day In order of confidence.

1. Dallas @ Atlanta - Dallas +130
    2. Orlando @ New Orleans - Orlando -4.5
    3. Utah @ Sacramento - Utah -7
    4. Minnesota @ Oklahoma City - OKC -9.5
    5. Philadelphia @ LA Lakers - Philadelphia +11
    6. Detroit @ Denver - Detroit +10
    7. Charlotte @ Memphis - Memphis -3.5
    8. NY @ Washington - Washington -2
    9. Cleveland @ Toronto - Cleveland -5
    10. San Antonio @ Houston - San Antonio -3.5
    11. Portland @ Chicago - Chicago -3
    12. LA Clippers @ Phoenix - Phoenix -9.5
    Last edited by Kirby Zhang; 02-26-10 at 12:10 PM.

RDeFaz
    RDeFaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice post I think my bet of the day has to be Utah -7 even though I'm a Sacramento fan they seem to be getting worse... Boozer will dominate down low and Sacramento will be out scored in the paint

makemerich
    makemerich's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with u that vegas lost a lot yesterday and today might be the biggest upset we will ever see. wouldnt be surprised if all underdogs win. mayb today i will just take ML on all underdogs n cash at the end. liking orlando and utah pick. i wouldnt mess w atl at home. gl

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

Best of luck guys.. well just because a team is the dog doesn't mean it's the Vegas dog. the true dog is what the public is against I guess...

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

Quote Originally Posted by RDeFaz View Post
    Nice post I think my bet of the day has to be Utah -7 even though I'm a Sacramento fan they seem to be getting worse... Boozer will dominate down low and Sacramento will be out scored in the paint

when Kings fans starting fading the Kings I know there must be some truth to my work lol

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

good luck on your NBA picks tonight. I like some of them.

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

very small day for me... just two small parlays... and single bets on my premiums... here are the parlays (one was posted yesterday so I got a little better value on some lines)

1) BET ID=30980xxxx Parlay (3 Teams) 02/26/10 11:28 ET bet 500.00 to win 2460.63 Result: Pending Jazz(Utah)
    Kings(Sacramento) 02/26/10(22:10 ET)
    Jazz(Utah) -4 (-165)
    Bought 3.0 point(s) Magic(Orlando)
    Hornets(NewOrleans) 02/26/10(21:40 ET)
    Magic(Orlando) -1.5 (-165)
    Bought 3.0 point(s) Mavericks(Dallas)
    Hawks(Atlanta) 02/26/10(19:10 ET)
    Mavericks(Dallas) +130
    2) BET ID=309800xxx Parlay (4 Teams) 02/26/10 02:35 ET bet 230.53 to win 1667.80 Result: Pending 76ers(Philadelphia)
    Lakers(LA) 02/26/10(22:40 ET)
    76ers(Philadelphia) +14 (-165)
    Bought 3.0 point(s) Jazz(Utah)
    Kings(Sacramento) 02/26/10(22:10 ET)
    Jazz(Utah) -4.5 (-165)
    Bought 3.0 point(s) Knicks(NewYork)
    Wizards(Washington) 02/26/10(19:10 ET)
    Wizards(Washington) -1.5 (-105) Mavericks(Dallas)
    Hawks(Atlanta) 02/26/10(19:10 ET)
    Mavericks(Dallas) +6.5 (-165)
    Bought 3.0 point(s)

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    good luck on your NBA picks tonight. I like some of them.
    Thank you sir.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Nice post Kirby! We are practically in agreement on most games. Maybe tonite will be a good nite.

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

newskoolengineer
    newskoolengineer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

great plays...gl....didnt think to look at the dallas game until just now, great write up..

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck tonight, I did go against the Mavs though, like the Hawks minus the points...

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do love your Thunder pick though, no way they dont win by 12+ IMO

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

yeah this is true, Thunder are serious and are due for a big win... Minnesota sucks and will getg shut down

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

Quote Originally Posted by newskoolengineer View Post
    great plays...gl....didnt think to look at the dallas game until just now, great write up..

yeah I really like dallas tonight

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

like dal myself....also thinking might as well take the bulls seeing how everyone loves portland...gl tonight

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL, ATL playing not so well, possible hit there, good day

Law-Byrnes
    Law-Byrnes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas was at home when they beat L.A fyi.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    like dal myself....also thinking might as well take the bulls seeing how everyone loves portland...gl tonight

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

1. Dallas @ Atlanta - Dallas +130
    2. Orlando @ New Orleans - Orlando -4.5
    3. Utah @ Sacramento - Utah -7
    4. Minnesota @ Oklahoma City - OKC -9.5
    5. Philadelphia @ LA Lakers - Philadelphia +11
    6. Detroit @ Denver - Detroit +10
    7. Charlotte @ Memphis - Memphis -3.5
    8. NY @ Washington - Washington -2
    9. Cleveland @ Toronto - Cleveland -5
    10. San Antonio @ Houston - San Antonio -3.5
    11. Portland @ Chicago - Chicago -3
    12. LA Clippers @ Phoenix - Phoenix -9.5

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

7-5 not too bad

Kirby Zhang
    Research time!

18-16 Against The Spread.

2daBank

Kirby the atl and utah picks broke my rule of taking public road favs on a fri night...couldnt tell you any exact numbers on that shit but i know playing home dogs on fri has always been quite profitable for me