thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kawhi's reputation has gone up despite Toronto losing, it has had nothing do with him, he's played the best basketball of his career.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Kawhi's reputation has gone up despite Toronto losing, it has had nothing do with him, he's played the best basketball of his career.
    What about Kyrie???

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post

What about Kyrie???
    If they call fouls every time Giannis gets into the paint that's not on Kyrie but if Boston loses to Milwaukee I think he takes a hit.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Kawhi looks like the second best free agent by a long shot. He and KD would be lethal as teammates.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Kawhi is averaging 38 points per game on 61% shooting, he will absolutely be ridiculed if the raptors lose the series

thomorino

I'd take Kawhi over Durant given Durant's age right now if I'm giving a long-term deal, both will get 5 year deals, I'd take Kawhi right now at this age.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Leonard so damn tough

Durant a beast too

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

I'd take Kawhi over Durant given Durant's age right now if I'm giving a long-term deal, both will get 5 year deals, I'd take Kawhi right now at this age.
    You can find someone to come close to replicating Kawhi's size and production, there is no one who can do what KD is doing on this playoff run. Averging nearly 40 and unstoppable on both ends. KD is in a class by himself right now

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

You can find someone to come close to replicating Kawhi's size and production, there is no one who can do what KD is doing on this playoff run. Averging nearly 40 and unstoppable on both ends. KD is in a class by himself right now
    Stop. KD plays with hall of fame players. He would not do what Leonard is doing in Toronto.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Stop. KD plays with hall of fame players. He would not do what Leonard is doing in Toronto.
    Hall of Fame players who are playing like bench warming scrubs. Steph is no better than Kyle Lowery right now and Siakam is playing much better than Klay 🧱 Thompson.

lakerboy

Hall of Fame players who are playing like bench warming scrubs. Steph is no better than Kyle Lowery right now and Siakam is playing much better than Klay 🧱 Thompson.
    Glad you get it. Those guys get KD open looks because of their reputation. Focus on futures. You don't know anything about the NBA.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Glad you get it. Those guys get KD open looks because of their reputation. Focus on futures. You don't know anything about the NBA.
    KD is not getting ANY open looks. He is working just as hard or harder to get shots than Kawhi. KD's teammates aren't playing any better than Kawhi's at the moment. Both KD and Kawhi are playing great and are the differences between their teams being up and tied in their respective series. But don't think the names on Curry's and Klay's jerseys mean production based on what they have done the last 5 years. Reputation has never put a ball in the basket.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

KD is not getting ANY open looks. He is working just as hard or harder to get shots than Kawhi. KD's teammates aren't playing any better than Kawhi's at the moment. Both KD and Kawhi are playing great and are the differences between their teams being up and tied in their respective series. But don't think the names on Curry's and Klay's jerseys mean production based on what they have done the last 5 years. Reputation has never put a ball in the basket.
    you cannot ever double team kd on that team. even dray and iggy run a two man game against doubles on that team. kerr is possible the best gameplan coach in the nba. and with the horses to do it. life is easy for kd. philly's focus is on kawhi and they still can't stop him. no one is scared of kyle lowry or siakam. kawhi with 152 pts in 4 games shooting 62%?? sick. like ernie said, only shaq did that before and he was shooting dunks and layups.

thomorino

Leonard is much stronger and more physical than Durant, Durant is a better shooter but he's not the closer Leonard is.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Leonard is much stronger and more physical than Durant, Durant is a better shooter but he's not the closer Leonard is.
    imagine if he played angry like jordan did. kawhi is competitive, but it seems the fire isn't there like a jordan, kobe, or even tom brady in football. it was said early in his career that lebron didn't play with an anger and edge and it limited his success.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post

imagine if he played angry like jordan did. kawhi is competitive, but it seems the fire isn't there like a jordan, kobe, or even tom brady in football. it was said early in his career that lebron didn't play with an anger and edge and it limited his success.
    I think Kawhi is competitive, he just doesn't express himself the same way - you could tell he wanted the ball at the end of the game today.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

KYRIE.
    All the BS this dude spouted all year to any mike that found him.
    "Wait for the playoffs."

I did. Gave him the benefit due to his talent and resume.
    Shit game. 43+ minutes. 7/22.

Haywood a mess as well.
    Stevens certainly had a bad year.

I had such high hopes for this squad.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Kyrie has always been a fraud

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Knicks will be bidding against themselves for Kyrie and they will still overpay.

thomorino

Kyrie is a joke without Lebron, everyone forgot how horrible Cleveland was with Kyrie before Lebron returned

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Knicks will be bidding against themselves for Kyrie and they will still overpay.
    Lol. Only the Knicks can be so incompetent!

Well, Lakers starting to give them a run for their money it seems.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Leonard has proven he can be a good teammate. Irving hasn’t. I wouldn’t pay 1 dollar for Irving because the investment wouldn’t be worth it. He’s a cancer. He creates divide, plays when he wants and talks way too much to the press causing more problems

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Leonard has proven he can be a good teammate. Irving hasn’t. I wouldn’t pay 1 dollar for Irving because the investment wouldn’t be worth it. He’s a cancer. He creates divide, plays when he wants and talks way too much to the press causing more problems
    Agreed. Fukk that clown.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Agreed. Fukk that clown.
    BUT, and I am not a fan of his total package, why is he the only player on the roster some games that can get a needed bucket??

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    BUT, and I am not a fan of his total package, why is he the only player on the roster some games that can get a needed bucket??
    Mfer should be, he supposed to be that guy every game.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Lol. Only the Knicks can be so incompetent!

Well, Lakers starting to give them a run for their money it seems.
    So you agree signing useless James was bad?

DOM-Ganador

What we all must remember and consider when we berate players and GMs:

There is a finite pool of talent and $$$ to spend.

How many coaches in the league do we think are doing a great job?

As fans, we sometimes have unrealistic expectations, leading to disappointment.

Lakers, LeBron and Clutch Sports are a trainwreck with no plan or end in sight.

thomorino

Its probably good for Boston to lose this year long-term - they'll avoid giving Kyrie the max if their smart and being a 2nd tier team, now they can let Kyrie walk pay Rozier and go all in for Anthony Davis

2daBank

So you agree signing useless James was bad?
    Lmao. Why everything gotta be bout bron w you??

I dunno if that move on its own was bad, if they can’t put other guys around him it bad (whether that cause of him or not I dunno, I’m sure you have thoughts on that? Lol). The way they publicly sold out all their young guys was bad. Guess it depends how much power bron has and if he pulling these strings?

Dunno how bringing in one of the top 5 players of all time can be that bad??

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Kyrie stunk it up badly. Unrepairable damage to his game and leadership.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Leonard so damn tough

Durant a beast too
    You were the same idiot calling Kawhi soft for sitting last season. We know you take it in every hole, no need to talk out both of them.

He would do more. As great as Kawhi is, KD is better.
    He knows more than you.

Who are the fades today?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Kyrie stunk it up badly. Unrepairable damage to his game and leadership.
    he will still sign a max deal.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    No doubt.
    BUT, give me Kawhi over KD, AD, LBJ all day every day.
    He took a bunch of games off this season for rest. So what. All we care about as fans is chips.
    Regular season has become virtually meaningless.
    I know he had the one injury, but I think KD (string bean) and AD have a far greater injury history and by all facts future.
    Leonard has the body of a cyborg. I see him leading the Clips to their 1st championship in a couple years.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Signing a max deal was never the question. Plenty of knuckleheads get max deals or make a lot of money, Mike Conley signed a 150+ million dollar deal, the question was leading a team to a title. Boston has the best roster on the planet and couldn't get out out of the second round, how does He lead a bad team to anything?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Sixers could win this round if Embid plays another game 6 in game 7. Then the bidding for Kawhi can start.

First 123 Last