flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Should the NBA just give Houston the Trophy now?

They are unstoppable, nobody is going to beat them in a 7 game series.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

live by the three die by the three and coach is a loser bad combo

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

This team will never win it all

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Uh Utah is a high school team

Houston is a NBA team

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Let's talk about this after game 4

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah is too big and slow, Paul still isn't playing that well, 1 guy isn't going to beat Golden State, Houston was better last year.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

No Warriors will spank them again.. No brainer.. Better offensive team with home court.

Take the overs in that series when they meet up, neither team can lock down on defense and both can and will give up big leads..

flyingillini

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    No Warriors will spank them again.. No brainer.. Better offensive team with home court.

Take the overs in that series when they meet up, neither team can lock down on defense and both can and will give up big leads..
    The warriors have to get by the Clippers first. The clippers have more depth, they are hungrier and want the wins more than the warriors. PS this is coming from a text message that I must post this, not my views.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    The warriors have to get by the Clippers first. The clippers have more depth, they are hungrier and want the wins more than the warriors. PS this is coming from a text message that I must post this, not my views.
    I live in LA, Clippers have heart and grit but Warriors will wake up.. NO WAY KD and CURRY lose in 1st round.. Clippers will try though.. Maybe goes 7.

Warriors respond in next game even in Clipper land. They blew a massive lead, wake up call...

flyingillini

I live in LA, Clippers have heart and grit but Warriors will wake up.. NO WAY KD and CURRY lose in 1st round.. Clippers will try though.. Maybe goes 7.

Warriors respond in next game even in Clipper land. They blew a massive lead, wake up call...
    What part of LA, I lived there for 6 year. I am from Santa Barbara.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

if the houston rockets win the championship, i am self banning myself from sbr for life, i am going to church on sundays which i haven't done in 25 years and i'm volunteering weekends at the homeless shelter

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    What part of LA, I lived there for 6 year. I am from Santa Barbara.
    Santa Monica 50 years.. Went to College in Santa Barbara.. Isla Vista and Goleta Santa Barbara was my home base for 4 years.. Know the towns very well. Like Santa Barbara... Good vibe..

Unfortunately at UCSB I partied more then anything else and didn't learn much back in the day...

It was a blast though, it was fun. Not too many regrets other then NOT applying myself academically, did make up for it later on in life.. Started reading books for starters..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-17-19 at 11:38 PM.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Santa Monica 50 years.. Went to College in Santa Barbara.. Isla Vista and Goleta Santa Barbara was my home base for 4 years.. Know the towns very well. Like Santa Barbara... Good vibe..

Unfortunately at UCSB I partied more then anything else and didn't learn much back in the day

It was a blast though, it was fun. Not too many regrets other then applying myself academically
    Wasn’t that Santa Monica or Santa Barbara where all the vampires were from in Lost Boys?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Wasn’t that Santa Monica or Santa Barbara where all the vampires were from in Lost Boys?
    Maybe, IDK?... I think it was.

Good sound track though..

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Classic nba move. Team A wins their series in dominant fashion. Team B struggles in another series and looks weak but wins their series. Series then starts between team A and Team B and Team B wins while everyone is saying team A will win. Rinse and repeat. Maybe they should start rewarding belts to the champions, I think it’s more fitting

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

This feels like a bit of revisionist history. GS didn’t exactly spank them last year, if we being perfectly honest if cp3 doesn’t get hurt there a really good chance Houston would have beat them last year, maybe not but they were certainly in the drivers seat when he got hurt. I think it incredibly far to assume it goes at least 6 if not 7, maybe one the east teams can challenge gs but at the moment Houston only team who has proven they can give them a series. I hate harden but just way it seems to me.

2daBank

Imo no chance that series goes more than 6, if that. Hope I’m wrong, id laugh hard if clippers beat them, don’t buy it tho. Let’s be real dubs were up like 30 that last game, bet they don’t go on cruise control like that again. If they play even close to their best they will boatrace clippers the next 3.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    if the houston rockets win the championship, i am self banning myself from sbr for life, i am going to church on sundays which i haven't done in 25 years and i'm volunteering weekends at the homeless shelter
    You sound alot like me.. I love the Lord but don't go to church either. Don't volunteer my time either which I should. I hate getting up early on Sunday mornings and I get pissed off at lazy drugged out homeless people so I don't volunteer my time..

I can't stand ritual services with any religion either as I grew up in a Catholic school and lived through that.. Kneel, stand, open your bible and sing this and sing that, kneel again. Confess your sins in a dark box, light candles after and pray the rosary and your sins will be forgiven, eat a wafer and it's the body of Christ and you will be blessed.. BS all of it!!!.. I REBELLED!!!!

Gotta keep it real and personal with the Lord and you can do that at home. Open a bible and start reading. I did go to Christian Churches for years though in my late 20's, got blessed with the Holy Spirit, zapped in church and it felt like electricity going thru my entire body and learned to have a personal relationship that I know is real today. No lie.. Woke me up spiritually..

Might not be a bad idea to go back now though. I need to get up and go back myself. Probably meet my wife in life if I do.. I know this..

One day...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-18-19 at 12:17 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Game 3 Line Utah -2.5

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Game 3 Line Utah -2.5
    Very tempting to chase rockets for a road win at plus money. Although holding off gm 3 appealing cause I think that be one Utah takes id hate to miss the plus if they do win, always like chasing w plus Money, not that costly if ya do happen to lose. lol

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Knee jerk reactions.

Everyone just go to sleep and wake up next year.

Warriors will win. Cousins will come back too. Calling that now.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Knee jerk reactions.

Everyone just go to sleep and wake up next year.

Warriors will win. Cousins will come back too. Calling that now.
    Houston was only team to challenge them last year. None my opinion has anything to do w these 1st couple games, they don’t mean shit for future series. Houston for sure only team in West that can take them 7 imo. Dunno if they beat them but don’t think it out of the question., ain’t KD as good as gone?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Houston was only team to challenge them last year. None my opinion has anything to do w these 1st couple games, they don’t mean shit for future series. Houston for sure only team in West that can take them 7 imo. Dunno if they beat them but don’t think it out of the question., ain’t KD as good as gone?
    Not sure, KD should bounce if he knows what's good for his legacy.

Only thing that could stop GS is injuries. Said this before the year. Now they're dealing with one in Cousins. Cousins is better than Chris Paul at this stage in their careers. So not having him will be a big loss. I suspect he comes back though at some point. If the Warriors were to lose Klay, I think that would even things out with Houston. Other than that, I'm not picking any team to beat them. Curry and Durant is by far the best duo in the NBA and I just don't see anyone replicating that efficiency. Guys like Iguadala and Livingston have basically been rested the entire year. Should be fresh for this run.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Not sure, KD should bounce if he knows what's good for his legacy.

Only thing that could stop GS is injuries. Said this before the year. Now they're dealing with one in Cousins. Cousins is better than Chris Paul at this stage in their careers. So not having him will be a big loss. I suspect he comes back though at some point. If the Warriors were to lose Klay, I think that would even things out with Houston. Other than that, I'm not picking any team to beat them. Curry and Durant is by far the best duo in the NBA and I just don't see anyone replicating that efficiency. Guys like Iguadala and Livingston have basically been rested the entire year. Should be fresh for this run.
    i think golden state had a stronger bench in,years past, wonder why they didnt bring ian clark back hes cheap and a very good shooter iggy not worth 17 mil a year they are paying him livingston cant even shoot a 3 pointer be interesting offseason kd surely gone will curry klay he b back and draymond b enough win idk

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Toronto the favorite Houston may come out of West but Raptors defense a nightmare for Harden.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    I’ll do you one better. If the Warriors don’t win it all then I’ll do all those things you mentioned. I’ll wear an SBR shirt to church, and the hat if I can find it. Will volunteer as well with the local homeless helpers.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I’ll do you one better. If the Warriors don’t win it all then I’ll do all those things you mentioned. I’ll wear an SBR shirt to church, and the hat if I can find it. Will volunteer as well with the local homeless helpers.
    looks like one of us is properly fuked then