kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by sk0002 View Post
    Name a team under that situation and got the break that NBA suspending the opposing team's most important player?? warriors most important player DRAYMOND GREEN got suspended, a bogus suspension?? lol don't be idiot and buy into that idiotic narrative, and to come back from 3-1, YOU HAVE TO BE DOWN 3-1 first, JORDAN would of never been down 3-1, try again. Dova shutting down curry just an example why Warriors weren't as good as you think they are, physicality will get to them as Matthew DELLALODOVA showed it, in 2015. Jordan's bulls will eat Warriors alive for breakfast.

Jordan didn't murder utah/seattle, and I believe those teams were FAR BETTER playoffs team than the warriors, MINUS KD of course. Don't tell me the 73 wins warriors were great when they barely hanging .500 in postseason where the REAL BASKETBALL was being played. who gives a shit about regular season.
    the draymond excuse lol. he got himself suspended. and they still lost two more in a row after game 5 lol. i think kerr likes seeing his guys play without kd this year as they look like that old team fluent and klay getting his shots. it don't take a genius to realize playing two series, one against lebron and one against kd, will have your playoff record close to even. duh. i don't think they were playing okc and cle 7 games in a row during the season.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I agree with a lot of that, especially in 2011 where Wade was the best player on the floor, but what was written for the 2016 season is just stupid. Irving saved Lebron? Why cause he hit 1 shot? Lebron had one of the greatest finals all around performances in history, if not the best.... More like Lebron won Irving a ring. You think Irving can go to 8 straight finals? Lol.

You have to call things unbiasedly. See Lebron's failures and also see his greatness. This image fails to capture that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    no. his first year without shaq he brutally missed the playoff going 34-48. and the next year he quit against phoenix because people said he shot too much lol.
    He was an 18 year old kid back then, deer in head lights in the playoffs.. I remember him throwing up air balls in Utah in the playoffs..

Kobe got better, much better... Kobe should absolutely be in the same discussion as MJ and Lebron.. Kobe was the man for almost a full decade.. He was a highlight reel during his youth and in his prime..

He could drive and dunk with the best of them and with ease.. Kobe had hops and handles.. Just as good as MJ or Lebron.. Might have had a better outside shot then both of them..

Goat Milk

Warriors are not as great as you think they are, ESPECIALLY WITHOUT KEVIN DURANT, with durant, warriors swept lebron twice, literally, nba gifted lebron one game in that game 4 where everyone fouled out or something. Let me teach you something, Warriors with Kevin Durant, the "REAL one of the best team of all time" actually was the team that should be dubbed as "GOAT team" not he 73 wins warriors team, do you know why???? Warriors with 73 wins barely escaped OKC, and blew 3-1 lead (although they should of won thanks to NBA bogus suspension that led to injury of bogut and iguodala). Either way, Warriors 73 wins regular season??? and only .500 playoff basketball team in the postseason, does that make sense to you??? Invincible in regular season, and barely .500 and surviving in the postsesaon??? that doesn't look like an all time great team to me, WHATSOEVER.

Do you know why CURRY struggled when DELLALODOVA guarded him??? Postseason basketball the referee allow a lot more physicality and toughness to the game, thats why the WARRIORS STRUGGLED in the postseason, shooters get rattled if they get roughed up... simple as that. JORDAN would of KILLED, i mean MURDERED.... mercilessly if jordan played these soft ass warriors.. I guarantee you that.
    Warriors melted down. Lebron took advantage. There's no excuses bro. Lebron lost Kyrie and Kevin Love both for the finals appearance in 2015 was it? And he won 2 games with Mozgof and Delly starting... Pitiful lineup. That Warriors team wasn't good. They added the best or 2nd best player in the world in Durant. When you say Jordan would have murdered the Warriors, yes, that Warriors team, I agree. Not this Warriors team. Boogie Cousins himself would be considered the second best player on the court if he played in Jordan's era. Imagine Luke Longely or Rodman trying to guard Boogie?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    He was an 18 year old kid back then, deer in head lights in the playoffs.. I remember him throwing up air balls in Utah in the playoffs..

Kobe got better, much better... Kobe should absolutely be in the same discussion as MJ and Lebron.. Kobe was the man for almost a full decade.. He was a highlight reel during his youth and in his prime..

He could drive and dunk with the best of them and with ease.. Kobe had hops and handles.. Just as good as MJ or Lebron.. Might have had a better outside shot then both of them..

Not might have had a better shot, definitely did. Kobe was also as good a defender as Jordan. Lebron not close to either.

Kobe is number 2 all time, but Lebron will probably pass him if he gets another ring and plays 4 more years of elite ball. Sad to say. But have to call it how it is.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Not might have had a better shot, definitely did. Kobe was also as good a defender as Jordan. Lebron not close to either.

Kobe is number 2 all time, but Lebron will probably pass him if he gets another ring and plays 4 more years of elite ball. Sad to say. But have to call it how it is.
    I won't argue that.. He could dish as well like a true point guard.. Full complete player..

Kobe could Dunk with both hands, drive with both hands.. Shoot game ending winners with the best of them. Black Mamba!! Kobe was just awesome for so many years!! Gotta put him in the same breath as Lebron and Michael Jordan.

NO FEAR

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

nope. after shaq and phil left and they had won 3 titles, it became kobe's team and they won 34 games. of course jeannie got phil to come back and save the day. kobe is a great scorer. but mike was a better scorer. and lebron is best all around. kobe doesn't have anything that stands out over the other 2.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

nope. after shaq and phil left and they had won 3 titles, it became kobe's team and they won 34 games. of course jeannie got phil to come back and save the day. kobe is a great scorer. but mike was a better scorer. and lebron is best all around. kobe doesn't have anything that stands out over the other 2.
    He beat Boston for the title with Pau Gasol after Shaq left.. He proved he could win a title without Shaq... Let's see Lebron and or MJ pull that off with that Laker roster at the time. MJ probably could, Lebron I'm not so sure about.

In his 20 seasons with the Lakers, Kobe Bryant played in seven NBA Finals and his teams won five championships.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

He beat Boston for the title with Pau Gasol after Shaq left.. He proved he could win a title without Shaq... Let's see Lebron and or MJ pull that off with that Laker roster at the time. MJ probably could, Lebron I'm not so sure about.

In his 20 seasons with the Lakers, Kobe Bryant played in seven NBA Finals and his teams won five championships.

and shaq won 3 finals mvp. last finals mvp kobe got pau deserved. probably why he is in that pic with kobe holding the finals trophy. that laker roster was loaded with good phil jackson type players. lebron never even had a hof coach. only him and bird are 2 i know to win 3 titles without a hof coach.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    guys NBA now is jack up 3's and who gets lucky
    nothing more
    the game is so far from what it was when MJ was dominating there is no comparison

72-10 Bulls team > 73-9 Warriors there is no debate

bunch of stat queens this era from let's shoot 100 3's to defense not allowed to be played the same to teams traveling every possession teams stacking stars so it's easy to win and when they lose adding more stars so they don't get their feelings hurt again

of course guys are going to average a bunch of reb and assists a game when there are so many more possessions per game and teams shoot so quickly

there are no true centers anymore

harden gets every touch foul call and is allowed to take 3 steps backwards to create distance to shoot a 3 but the calls disappear when his team runs into the team the league wants in the finals

it's very hard to find any player worth rooting for

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

and shaq won 3 finals mvp. last finals mvp kobe got pau deserved. probably why he is in that pic with kobe holding the finals trophy. that laker roster was loaded with good phil jackson type players. lebron never even had a hof coach. only him and bird are 2 i know to win 3 titles without a hof coach.
    Kobe and Michael Jordan were on court coaches.. Phil sat back and watched them both win titles.. Passed out Zen books on the off time that's it..

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Kobe's offensive efficiency kinda sucks for as great of a player as he was. That's always been my problem with him. He tried to be/emulate Jordan, right? Check out his FG% every goddamn year and compare it to Jordan. Then compare it to Lebron every year. Kobe was constantly trying tough fadeaways and missing them. Nobody wants to look at efficiency, they just want to look at how cool it is when he drains it. Kobe's shot selection was usually egotistical garbage and he succeeded in spite of that

Bonus is that one of the TWO championships he won without Shaq, he was absolutely horrible in game 7 and was blessed to win

I love Kobe and his personality and his mentality but he is overrated as fk
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Lebron could definitely have won with Kobe's team (the last 2 championships). They had a good team and then brought in Gasol; I was not surprised out all that they won it the next year.

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Warriors melted down. Lebron took advantage. There's no excuses bro. Lebron lost Kyrie and Kevin Love both for the finals appearance in 2015 was it? And he won 2 games with Mozgof and Delly starting... Pitiful lineup. That Warriors team wasn't good. They added the best or 2nd best player in the world in Durant. When you say Jordan would have murdered the Warriors, yes, that Warriors team, I agree. Not this Warriors team. Boogie Cousins himself would be considered the second best player on the court if he played in Jordan's era. Imagine Luke Longely or Rodman trying to guard Boogie?
    I was referring to the Warriors wihtout KD or boogie, ie 2015 and 2016 Warriors which lebron beat and almost beat. That warriors team was SOFT and people kept calling them GOAT team because they won 73 games regular season, i didn't agree with it one bit, They were great regular season but only meh postseason. Warriors with KD swept lebron twice, literally. thats all I am saying that lebron beating the 73 wins warriors team wasn't something Jordan wouldn't have done if he had the chance to face them. Jordan would of ****** them up real bad, there would be no coming back from 3-1, nor would there be a game 7 down to last possesion of the game to decide the victor.

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

the draymond excuse lol. he got himself suspended. and they still lost two more in a row after game 5 lol. i think kerr likes seeing his guys play without kd this year as they look like that old team fluent and klay getting his shots. it don't take a genius to realize playing two series, one against lebron and one against kd, will have your playoff record close to even. duh. i don't think they were playing okc and cle 7 games in a row during the season.
    I don't care if he deserves the suspension or not, not beating the FULL SQUAD warriors team = Asterisk to the championship, that warriors team weren't that great of a postseason team anyway.... .500 playoffs?? MEH. Warriors like to play without KD?? Oh yeah, they HAVE COUSINS NOW, that's a whole different ball game, and again, it's regular season, who gives a shit, until they prove to be dominant without KD and COUSINS, I will never buy into that 73 wins team as an all time great team, NOT AT ALL.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Being the #1 pick, the next messiah, carries such pressure. To win a title let alone 3 is incredible in the face of all that pressure.

The logo of the NBA. Mr. Jerry west. Went 1-8 in the finals. Wilt Chamberlain who I believe was the greatest player ever only won 2 titles.

The hate some of u feel for the king, makes me feel like u need therapy.

Thread closed.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

1-10 last 11

Washed up

Cavs couldn't be happier he left when he did

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

I don't care if he deserves the suspension or not, not beating the FULL SQUAD warriors team = Asterisk to the championship, that warriors team weren't that great of a postseason team anyway.... .500 playoffs?? MEH. Warriors like to play without KD?? Oh yeah, they HAVE COUSINS NOW, that's a whole different ball game, and again, it's regular season, who gives a shit, until they prove to be dominant without KD and COUSINS, I will never buy into that 73 wins team as an all time great team, NOT AT ALL.
    warriors were good team before and after kd but they had a lot of luck along the way in the playoffs. they played against pelicans with no demarcus cousins, spurs lost kwahi in game 1 and they were up 20 in oracle until the injury and even got swept, cavs lost kevin love and kyrie injured in game 1 of finals, rockets lost chris paul for game 7, these are all major injuries and most are very deep in the playoffs. Not only that draymond should of been suspended during the 7 game series against okc for his nut kicking antics and they would of lost that series without him but it caught up to him anyway. They weren't frauds but lebron sunned that team pre kd.

lebron is the only player who can go up against all defensive players and not lose a step

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Lol, no doubt the Warriors were better than any team the Bulls faced during their ships. But to claim the cry baby fukkin loser, quitter, throw his teammates and coaches under the bus Lebron is better than MJ is bordering on blasphemy.

Lebron doesn't have the heart of a champion, if he did he would be the greatest ever. Lebron won 3 championships and Kyrie and Ray Allen made the clutch shots in those games.
    Last edited by SteveKerrsJunk; 03-23-19 at 05:38 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Lol, no doubt the Warriors were better than any team the Bulls faced during their ships. But to claim the cry baby fukkin loser, quitter, throw his teammates and coaches under the bus Lebron is better than MJ is bordering on blasphemy.

Lebron doesn't have the heart of a champion, if he did he would be the greatest ever. Lebron won 3 championships and Kyrie and Ray Allen made the clutch shots in those games.
    Anyone who truly knows hoops history knows that Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest player who ever lived. Don't like the 2 titles? Well bill Russell had 11 I guess he's better than Michael?

I absolutely love Jordan, but wilts dominance is unseen in the history of basketball

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Another summary for Lebron in the finals: Played with worse teams and against better teams than MJ ever did. C'mon man. MJ never had to face the Warriors. That shit's not fair

Just saying. I still think MJ is the GOAT. I just also think a lot of the stuff held against Lebron is unfair, and revisionist history is gonna place him lower than he should be. Public opinion is especially against him right now
    What are you saying?
    He lost to the Mavs
    Lost to the Spurs
    Had no business being down 3-1 to that Warriors team with just Curry + Klay as the star with Kyrie and Love as his supporting star

Plzzzz.....he's no where MJ.

You think he would beat Stockton and Malone?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post

dumbest post of all when kerr is in your avatar and he and paxson made the clutch shots to win the title in 2 championships.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Anyone who truly knows hoops history knows that Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest player who ever lived. Don't like the 2 titles? Well bill Russell had 11 I guess he's better than Michael?

I absolutely love Jordan, but wilts dominance is unseen in the history of basketball
    Some would argue and say Kareem was better then Wilt..

It's hard to compare hoop legends from completely different era's in time.. Rules have changed over the years, defense and fouling was big in the 80's and refs let them play, today not the case.. There was no 3 points shot back in the day, hand check rules were allowed, there were smaller and skinnier players back in the day also, etc..

You throw Wilt in his prime in today's game he might stink it up. He wouldn't be the same dominance imposing figure because players are bigger today then they were back in the 60's. A player like Embiid today might school him. You never know?

First 12