shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    At the same time, the team deserves decent compensation for losing their star. The fans are the ones getting the shaft if they end up with nothing to look forward to once the guy leaves.
    I can see that mentality making sense for soccer clubs and hockey teams but not with major American sports teams and most definitely not with NBA teams.

Owners don't even care about ticket sales or revenue in the NBA, they make their money on ad space and marketing bc of international interest. Let's just say China bc that's nearly all of the revenue target audience.

As a whole American sports is as cut throat of a business as there is, gone are the days of deep camaraderie across the league with good teams. Sure they happen to pop up here and there occasionally but not enough to be the standard or norm

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Players don't owe anything to anyone except their agent. Davis is a bonafide superstar, doesn't matter if he wants to leave or stay. No one has addressed the topic I posted at the start of the thread pertaining to the pelicans medical staff

If anyone here is Anthony Davis they'd look out for themselves first and foremost. He is a walking business worth upwards of 200 million. Why wouldn't anyone not want to protect that asset in every way possible? Foolish to think anything else otherwise
    Maybe because it's a ridiculous statement? Davis is injury prone because he's made of glass. How could it be the trainer's fault? I'm sure he knows how to warm up, he's a pro athlete...

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

send him back to college I say

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

davis and leonard would be sick. gotta keep lowry.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    At the same time, the team deserves decent compensation for losing their star. The fans are the ones getting the shaft if they end up with nothing to look forward to once the guy leaves.
    Lol they can look forward to him coming back once a year.

Maybe this is the catalyst that starts the Pelicans move to a city that really wants an NBA team.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

This blows my mind... didn't know Davis was actually injury free.... what an a$$hole. Totally lost respect for him.

There's a rumor that New Orleans took Davis out of the introduction video that's played before every Home game. Good for them.

TheMoneyShot

What did New Orleans do wrong to Davis??? I don't get it. You sign a contract you play....

You play until you get traded.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    What did New Orleans do wrong to Davis??? I don't get it. You sign a contract you play....

It's putting money (a lot of money) before ethics. He could have signed a shorter deal if he was unsure about them but instead he got his money and now circumventing the CBA also. Teams should erase players like this from their history. No video tributes please...

IBetYou

Except for Leonard ;p -he did get the Spurs a championship.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

I agree, Franchise players I think should be locked down by the team no matter what.. NO trade clause ever period.. Players have to much power these days.. Not fair to the city or fans when their franchise player demands a trade and is gone.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Not that it matters where he goes - he’s a look good stat guy - can not lead a team and always injured

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Not that it matters where he goes - he’s a look good stat guy - can not lead a team and always injured
    Was actually pretty healthy the last 2 seasons...only missed 14 games.

And as Kyrie showed us, leading isn't easy.

TheMoneyShot

Personally... kind of happy I didn't blow $200 on NBA League Pass.... season has been shi#$y.

bigtymer56

Personally... kind of happy I didn't blow $200 on NBA League Pass.... season has been shi#$y.
    What has been shitty about it?

I mean, now it might get shitty with Boogie and Warriors looking unstoppable again.

bigtymer56

Porzingis gone. Players not happy and wanting to get out shitty situations. Love it.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8896

You're a capper and don't have $200?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sports League passes are bank on Directv but ya gotta have them along with all the sports packages..

NBATV channel on Directv for example is great when they get into player discussions and production.

With league pass it's nice to flip the channels and get live views with the bets you have pending.. I find it to be the most useful tool for live betting.. Can watch the games split screen or on multiple TV's live and see when the commercial timeouts happen for live betting options in real time.

I love betting solid playoff teams when they get down early on the score board when they are playing at home.. Chances are they come back and make it a game in the end. Live betting then kicks in and you gotta know in real time when those timeouts happen..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-31-19 at 05:08 PM.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Porzingis gone. Players not happy and wanting to get out shitty situations. Love it.
    What have he won 2 demand a trade? Same thing with AD - bunch of scrubs

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    What has been shitty about it?

I mean, now it might get shitty with Boogie and Warriors looking unstoppable again.
    Only true high quality HD Feed is the Lakers.... everything else is Fox Sports sh#$. Audio drop outs.... Indiana Pacers Fox Sports is absolute trash. Not worth the aggravation for $200.00

And there's always STAR players sitting out with a pacifier in their mouths...

I get enough NBA on TNT and ESPN for a week.

ikid2groove415

NBA is going over take the NFL 1 day- super bowl week and everyone talking basketball

TheMoneyShot

NBA is going over take the NFL 1 day- super bowl week and everyone talking basketball
    Never.

ikid2groove415

Never.
    Football keeps changing rules every year - for safety reasons - it’s turning into flag football and losing fans - basketball got the global market

TheMoneyShot

Football keeps changing rules every year - for safety reasons - it’s turning into flag football and losing fans - basketball got the global market
    NBA has done a great job... they should be happy their above MLB. I give them a solid 2nd.

1. NFL
    2. NBA
    3. MLB
    4. NHL

ikid2groove415

NBA has done a great job... they should be happy their above MLB. I give them a solid 2nd.

1. NFL
    2. NBA
    3. MLB
    4. NHL
    NFL is just America - NBA definitely have the advantage down the road because it’s big global

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

NFL is just America - NBA definitely have the advantage down the road because it’s big global
    NBA and basketball has been a global sport for a while now. American football not so much.. NFL is trying to do that. Games played in England and Mexico now.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I agree. That's why this league is dumb.

Loser like Harden will always go out in the first round.
    Harden had the Rockets 1 win away from the NBA Finals last season against what is basically an All Star team. Lost Chris Paul when up 3 games to 2 in the WCF, or he likely would have ended up in the Finals. In other words, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

The Pelicans front office should do something snarky like force Davis to have his eyebrows manicured to get rid of the unibrow in exchange for trading him now instead of next season.

First 1234