SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Did Lakers get approval from Lonzo Ball's dad before possibly trading him?

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Knicks always get fukked in draft lottery. They will have top 5 chance this year probably end up with 9-10 pick
    You need to do some research if you think Knicks end up wth the 9-10th pick in the draft...I understand you sell cars for a living but no need to be a dumb ass in everything you do

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    You need to do some research if you think Knicks end up wth the 9-10th pick in the draft...I understand you sell cars for a living but no need to be a dumb ass in everything you do
    elaborate on what dumb thing I said? Maybe you didn't read the whole 2 sentences I wrote and skipped ahead to the end where I said 9-10th pick.

Prior to those words I also wrote top 5 pick. Reading must be tough for you?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Ingram, Ball, Zubac, 1st. Sounds fair to me. Lakers should insist on keeping Kuzma.
    Nope not enough I'm sure. Maybe throw in Javal McGee also as he's the best laker big man right now as he plays hard. Zubac isn't worth much yet.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Ingram, Ball, Zubac, 1st. Sounds fair to me. Lakers should insist on keeping Kuzma.
    Agreed

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Did Lakers get approval from Lonzo Ball's dad before possibly trading him?
    Some how Laker management has found a way to shut him up. Major kuddo's as I don't know how they did it??? Haven't heard from loud mouth Lavar for a while now..

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Some how Laker management has found a way to shut him up. Major kuddo's as I don't know how they did it??? Haven't heard from loud mouth Lavar for a while now..
    LeBron's camp is the reason why. They made it clear to magic to keep ball's mouth shut or his son would get dumped and railroaded

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

elaborate on what dumb thing I said? Maybe you didn't read the whole 2 sentences I wrote and skipped ahead to the end where I said 9-10th pick.

Prior to those words I also wrote top 5 pick. Reading must be tough for you?
    You said Knicks always get fcked in the draft? Then said they will get top 5 pick and end up wth the 9-10th pick in the draft..lol
    You do realize the new draft rules in place this year..sammy stop being so stupid! You married a girl who had kids wth another guy!! Anything you say nobody wants to hear you dumb fck

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I feel like all the trade demands will lead to a lockout. And the owners will hold out for q bigger peice of the pie. Too many owners will never be able to compete. So they'll take more cash.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Report: Knicks Preparing Trade Offer For Anthony Davis
    January 28, 2019 - 4:06 pm

By WFAN.com

The Knicks are reportedly preparing a trade offer to the New Orleans Hornets for five-time All-Star big man Anthony Davis.

Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes, citing league sources, reported Monday that the Knicks plan to make their pitch for Davis. The Los Angeles Lakers are also expected to be in the mix.

Davis has informed the Pelicans that he wants to be traded to a championship-contending team and will not sign an extension with New Orleans, his agent, Rich Paul, told ESPN and The Associated Press.

The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 7. However, Davis won't become a free agent until 2020.

The Pelicans are not feeling pressure to deal Davis by Feb. 7, ESPN reported.

The question is how much will the Knicks be willing to part with to acquire Davis. Their top trade chips are big man Kristaps Porzingis, rookie forward Kevin Knox and a potentially a high lottery pick.

The Boston Celtics are another team reportedly interested in Davis, but they cannot trade for him until after July 1 because NBA rules wouldn't allow both Kyrie Irving's and Davis' contracts on the same team under the designated rookie exception.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pound Davis was the first overall pick in by the then-New Orleans Hornets in 2012. In 41 games this season, the former Kentucky star is averaging 29.3 points, 13.3 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 1.7 steals -- all career highs. He's been out since Jan. 18 with a finger injury.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Laker reports and offers coming in now.. https://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...128-story.html

Lakers are gonna have to probably give up Kuzma, Ball, Zubac and a 1st round pick to make it happen.. I personally think that's too much as I wouldn't trade Kuzma.. Kuzma is a young stud right now. He's a keeper..

lakerboy

Why would the pelicans move him now? He is under contract. Fukk him. Wait till the off season and see what Boston can offer.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Who are they supposed to get? They draft outside of the top ten and aren’t a big market to get top free agents. They’ve actually made some solid trades
    then why should he stay? to toil in mediocrity for 5 more years of his life lol?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Teams should never give in

let home sit bench

He is a dog player anyway

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Signed with LBJs agent. Who saw this coming?

IF he really wants to win, does anyone think the Lakers in the West give him the best oppotunity?
    Who exactly will they have left after trading any young assets/picks for him? Lance, McGee, Chandler & Rondo....hmmmm.
    lol. they will have two players under contract next year. AD and Lebron. what f.a. won't want to play on the LAKERS with lebron and AD. its over for the warriors next year and the lakers will be the best team. this isn't about winning a championship this year. its about dominating the next 3 years after and handing the reigns to AD and the other star fa after lebron retires. I can see kyrie wanting to be a laker on this team and being a kind of shaq and kobe with ad after lebron. it's kinda simple.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why would the pelicans move him now? He is under contract. Fukk him. Wait till the off season and see what Boston can offer.

if the plan that everyone assumes is in place. ad can simply announce he will only resign with lakers. this ain't no paul george/ victor oladipo deal. N. O. will want all boston can offer. they are not giving it up for a rental. rich paul has this all designed with the announcement a week before trade deadline. Lebron knows it too. they wait til next year and the lakers offer less. Where the hell are the Pels going anyway? might as well get the laker boys now going on your rebuild and some picks.

Amay537
    Amay537's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1753

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Laker reports and offers coming in now.. https://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...128-story.html

Lakers are gonna have to probably give up Kuzma, Ball, Zubac and a 1st round pick to make it happen.. I personally think that's too much as I wouldn't trade Kuzma.. Kuzma is a young stud right now. He's a keeper..
    Bottom line.
    The lakers won’t get Davis without giving up Kuzma, and a bunch more

But if he goes to L.A. kuzma is bye bye

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Teams should never give in

let home sit bench

He is a dog player anyway
    Of your 300k+posts of complete idiocy, this one is right up in the top 10. Toss up between him and Embiid for best center.

Davis is under contract through next season. NO doesn't have to rush any trade. The Lakers have nothing to offer in return for Davis. Ingram, Ball, Kuzma are never going to be the 1st or 2nd best player on a championship contender. The rest of the roster is a bag of dicks. Something the walking pussy jibby would find very useful.

Can't blame him for not wanting to commit his prime seasons to a team that doesn't have a lot around him. Once Cousins got hurt and Rondo wasn't re-signed, the writing was on the wall that he wouldn't be with them for a 2nd contract.

Love the guys crying how today's game is terrible compared to their youth. The 80s had 2 teams competing every year for title in Boston and LA. Occasionally Houston or Philly popped in but the league was not balanced. The 90s were the Bulls and a bunch of shitty teams like Knicks and Heat.

Amay537
    Amay537's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1753

I agree
    Davis is an absolute powerhouse beast.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Davis isn't Shaq so you don't trade the house for him if you are Laker management.. Free agency coming up, you got Lebron and salary cap space so you pick up other superstars and let this one go. This year is toast for the Lakers anyways.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

So Davis isn't even injured? Guys is just sitting out because he wants a trade? Is this real life?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

this was all set in motion once he signed with james' bff. i would not be shocked either to see kyrie come and join them as someone mentioned.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This is why the NBA is such trash. I haven't watched in years. I wish I could stand it, so I could bet accordingly.

1. Bad team drafts great player(s)

2. They offer them max money

3. Great player wants to go to 1 of 5 markets.

The cycle of shit continues.

It's just an unbearable sport to try to be a fan of.

Old school NBA, when I was growing up, and they all wanted take each other out, instead of being on the same team, is much different.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^Star players on shiiit teams always wanna be traded to contenders.. That's the NBA and that causes teams to get stacked and in a hurry..

Happened last when KD left OKC and went to the Warriors to join the splash Bros.. Instant dynasty just like that still to this day.. Warriors are an all star team now with Boogie.. Give them the title for this year already..

Only way to combat that and make the NBA interesting for next year is to stack another team to make it interesting.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    This is why the NBA is such trash. I haven't watched in years. I wish I could stand it, so I could bet accordingly.

Old school NBA, when I was growing up, and they all wanted take each other out, instead of being on the same team, is much different.
    Remember when Barkley went to the rockets with Clyde?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Owners can’t give in when players want to get traded it’s pretty simple unless they can get a good deal

Good team chemistry wins

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

so we crack on players for only wanting the money and then when guys want to win we call them babies and say they run the league.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

Anthony Davis trade would cost Lakers Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and more

By BRODERICK TURNER and TANIA GANGULI
    JAN 28, 2019
    The New Orleans Pelicans are open to trading five-time All-Star Anthony Davis to the Lakers — but it’ll come at a hefty price.
    According to sources unauthorized to speak publicly on the deal, a Lakers offer for the 6-foot-10 Davis would have to start with Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Ivica Zubac and a first-round draft pick. Davis — who is averaging career highs of 29.3 points, 13.3 rebounds and 4.4 assist a game — requested a trade from the Pelicans last week.

“Anthony has nothing but respect for the organization that he’s currently with and will be with until they decide that they want to honor the request that we’ve made,” his agent Rich Paul told the Los Angeles Times. “So at the end of the day I think it’s about what’s best for both Anthony and the organization going forward. This gives direction. Everyone has a clear understanding, and we go from there.”

ESPN first reported Davis’ trade request. The Pelicans later confirmed the trade request in a statement released Monday afternoon.

.The Lakers have been hesitant to trade any of their young players in recent years. Brandon Ingram and Ball were in the conversation in a possible trade for Paul George. The team had no plans to trade Kuzma in a potential deal that involved Kawhi Leonard last summer.
    In recent weeks, the Lakers have been adamant internally that they would not trade Ball. It’s unclear if that stance has changed now that Davis may be available. The Lakers planned to meet Monday morning to discuss their options.

Anthony Davis dazzles in L.A., possibly giving fans preview of a coming attraction »

According to sources, Paul has not given the Pelicans a list of preferred destinations for Davis, but he will inform interested teams whether Davis would sign an extension with them if they were to trade for him.

One team that won’t be able to trade for Davis before Feb. 7’s trade deadline is Boston.

The collective bargaining agreement forbids teams from having two players on their roster whom they traded for while those players were playing on a contract signed through the designated rookie exception. That designation allows a player to take up $30 million of a salary cap, and two summers ago, the Celtics traded for Kyrie Irving, who was given that designation while he played in Cleveland. Based on the rule, Boston would either have to trade Irving for Davis or wait until after July 1 to give Irving a new deal and then trade for Davis.

Davis makes $25.43 million this season, $27.09 million next season and $28.75 million in the 2020-21 season. Because the Lakers’ young players are all on much thriftier rookie contracts, the money would only match up if the Lakers added another big salary to the deal.

Incidentally, Paul, who represents LeBron James as well, also represents Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, whom the Lakers signed to a one-year deal worth $12 million. According to sources unauthorized to speak publicly, Paul has been searching for a trade partner for the Lakers to move Caldwell-Pope in search of a better role for the 25-year-old guard. But Caldwell-Pope would have veto power over any trade, and it’s unlikely he would approve a trade to New Orleans.

The Pelicans’ big man has long been a Lakers target. He came in third in MVP voting last season, after James Harden and James, and was considered a front-runner for this year’s award. Davis is currently sidelined with a fractured finger.

New Orleans had previously indicated no interest in trading Davis. On Dec. 21, before the two teams played in Los Angeles, Pelicans Coach Alvin Gentry declared that the Pelicans would not trade Davis under any circumstances.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 01-28-19 at 10:07 PM.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    so we crack on players for only wanting the money and then when guys want to win we call them babies and say they run the league.
    Jake what happened to you bro?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Remember when Barkley went to the rockets with Clyde?
    OK one example late in his career, Meanwhile I can tell you who the Champions a going to be this year

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    then why should he stay? to toil in mediocrity for 5 more years of his life lol?
    Where did I say he should stay? Just pointing out that I don’t think the pelicans deserve much criticism

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

The NBA Has Launched An ‘Ongoing’ Investigation Into Anthony Davis’ Trade Request

RYAN NAGELHOUT 01.28.19

Anthony Davis is on the trading block for the New Orleans Pelicans in a situation that is all his own making. Davis and his representation informed the Pelicans over the weekend that he would not sign a supermax extension with the franchise, essentially requesting a trade to a team that’s a “contender” with a year left on his current contract.
    ~~~~

Marc Stein
    @TheSteinLine

NBA spokesman Mike Bass on the Anthony Davis trade demand: "We commenced an investigation this morning upon reading the reports regarding Anthony Davis. That process is ongoing.”
    - Jan 28, 2019```
    ~~

Adrian Wojnarowski@wojespnNBA spokesman: “We commenced an investigation this morning upon reading the reports regarding Anthony Davis. That process is ongoing.” One reason: an on-the-record request for a trade by an agent or a player. Davis could be fined.
    ~~~

Jeff Zillgitt@JeffZillgitt
    From NBA executive vice president of communications, re: Anthony Davis trade request: "We commenced an investigation this morning upon reading the reports regarding Anthony Davis. That process is ongoing.”
    ~~~~~Jeff Zillgitt@JeffZillgitt
    Last time I could find a situation where a player was fined for his agent publicly
    requesting a trade: 2009, when Nate Robinson was fined $25,000 when his agent,
    Aaron Goodwin, told reporters he asked the Knicks to trade Robinson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The news has let loose a flurry of speculation about Davis’ future, both fromwhich teams will want to trade for him to which franchises he would prefer to play for. The Pelicans revealed that Davis had, indeed, asked for a trade over the weekend and publicly asked the NBA to make sure no one would tamper with the process.
    That release was quickly followed up by a number of reports that indicated the NBA is, indeed, investigating why Davis’ request for a trade was made public.
    It’s worth noting that it’s been a while since a fine of this nature has come down, but it features a similar situation in which an agent made public, on record comments to reporters about a player under contract’s desire to be dealt.
    There’s not much that’s known about what will happen with Davis, from where he’s headed next to whether he will even see a fine here. While this seems to be focused on Davis and Rich Paul, the Pelicans’ message about tampering seemed to point a finger at the Lakers. We’ll find out soon enough what conclusion the league comes to, but barring this taking away a significant asset from L.A., if it were to implicate them they’ll happily fork over any fine money if they still get Davis in the end.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 01-28-19 at 11:44 PM.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

^^^He'll get fined, but it will have no bearing on where he lands.

Pelicans have the Lakers by the balls on this... Lakers can't make any moves until they know the fate of Davis. So if he stays still at the deadline then so do they!

I would include Kuzma, and get Mirotic back. Rondo, Hart, James, Mirotic, Davis -> Championship

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    I feel like all the trade demands will lead to a lockout. And the owners will hold out for q bigger peice of the pie. Too many owners will never be able to compete. So they'll take more cash.
    No point having a CBA if players aren't going to honor it. Small market owners across the league will be seething at this.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3623

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

Your right, I mean Reggie Miller stuck with the Pacers when he could have bolted.

First 1234 Last