Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Kyrie Calls To Apologize To LeBron

Following the Celtics‘ big Wednesday night win over Toronto, Kyrie Irving told reporters, including Tim Bontemps of ESPN.com, that he recently called former teammate LeBron James to apologize for resisting criticism and not fully appreciating his leadership during their time in Cleveland.

“Obviously, this was a big deal for me, because I had to call ‘Bron and tell him I apologized for being that young player that wanted everything at his fingertips, and I wanted everything at my threshold,” Irving said, per Bontemps. “I wanted to be the guy that led us to a championship. I wanted to be the leader. I wanted to be all that, and the responsibility of being the best in the world and leading your team is something that is not meant for many people.

“[LeBron] was one of those guys who came to Cleveland and tried to show us how to win a championship, and it was hard for him, and sometimes getting the most out of the group is not the easiest thing in the world,” Irving added.

Irving’s comments came just a few days after he publicly expressed frustration with some of his younger teammates during the Celtics’ three-game losing streak. As a veteran in Boston, Kyrie has essentially assumed the sort of leadership role that LeBron had in Cleveland, and acknowledged that he made a mistake by calling out his teammates in the press.

“I did a poor job of setting an example for these guys of what it’s like to get something out of your teammates,” Irving said. “You go and you say something publicly and it ends up received in so many different ways and you never know how fragile or what guys are going through when you say things like that. You’re expecting results, but at the same time, I should’ve kept it in-house. Going forward, I want to test these young guys, but I can’t be a bully like that.”

“Now I’m in this position; I asked for this and I want this. I want the responsibility. And I take it on full force,” Irving said, according to Bontemps. “But it’s also good to reach out for help and really take responsibility for what you’ve done in your career. It takes a real man to go back, call somebody and be like, ‘Hey, man, I was young. I made some mistakes, I wasn’t seeing the big picture like you were. I didn’t have the end of the season in mind.’ I just wanted to get my stats and make All-Star Games, which in his career means like this much at that point. So it was just good, and it gave me a peace of mind to go about what I’ve gotta go do.”

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Does this mean he is joining the Lakers?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Does this mean he is joining the Lakers?
    Sounds like he wants to

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kyrie is a great player... don't know why he's sukking off Lebron (with that phone call.) Makes no sense.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Kyrie is a loser ie cancer on any team, if only he listened to Lebron, he wouldve been so much better and the team of course...

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Ughhhhhhh you caved Kyrie

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both sweet

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Still, Irving didn’t go so far as to say he regretted forcing his way out of Cleveland — he welcomes the challenge of leading the Celtics to a title of their own. He also believes he has a better idea now of what it takes to assume that sort of leadership role and wants to share his perspective with the younger C’s.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Still, Irving didn’t go so far as to say he regretted forcing his way out of Cleveland — he welcomes the challenge of leading the Celtics to a title of their own. He also believes he has a better idea now of what it takes to assume that sort of leadership role and wants to share his perspective with the younger C’s.
    Kyrie will need and demand more than LBJ ever needed to lead a decent team. Kyrie is a finisher, when you are down by 16 in the fourth quarter there isn't any closing to do.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

nice info

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Laker point guard Kyrie Irving has a nice ring to it..

Bron and Irving were a solid one two punch in Cleveland.. Re-united and it feels so good ..

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

too late, kyrie was fool for splitting up the duo.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

maybe bron told him off and thats why hes bringing it to the media? who knows

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

He definitely learned "leadership" from James; all that finger pointing and self aggrandizing. Came into the league as a humble kid with a good attitude. Now a poor leader and an attention wh0re.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Both sweet
    Call of the century

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Sounds like a boyfriend/girlfriend post break-up talk. JJ was right. NBA is 90% poofers

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Stephen A Smith told reunion after this season is possible

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Man Up! I respect that.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Kyrie is a great player... don't know why he's sukking off Lebron (with that phone call.) Makes no sense.
    Makes sense to me, he was drunk and missing his ex. Kyrie is on par with Dwight Howard, IMO.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    now that would be something

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    Seems likely to me. Ainge is as smart as they come (in NBA at least). He knows at this point that Irving is a loser. He also knows that by getting more assets he can put together a better offer for Davis while also ruining a rival. Bill Russell part II.

brooks85

now lebron feeding the kyrie rumors

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jame...003711268.html