ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Love is a perimeter shooter with no defense - Davis demands double in the low post and puts tremendous pressure on the opposing team defense -

ikid2groove415

I don’t see the warriors winning past this year- guys like Durant/curry are in there 30s- the young guns like Davis will step up -
    But he needs help

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Big difference giant. Love used to get his numbers in garbage time and lose games by 20 or more when he was on Minny

They were horrible, he's still the worst defensive big of all time behind guys like Blake Griffin, lamarcua Aldridge and enes kanter

I remember specifically his career season. He played 60 games and won less than thirty games. He used to pad his stats in the fourth when they were down by 30 against practice squad players

Davis never did any of those things
    You make it sound like 30-30 is a bad record. I'm guessing it's pretty similar to Anthony Davis' career arc.

I'm not saying Love is as good as Davis, I'm just saying there are some similarities.

Shady, sometimes you have to look deep into the forest.

I live in the forest.
    Points Awarded:

shadymcgrady gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    I don’t see the warriors winning past this year- guys like Durant/curry are in there 30s- the young guns like Davis will step up -
    But he needs help
    Is Durant leaving this off-season?

I know you guys talk on a weekly basis.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I'd take a healthy Kevin Love over all these guys, he's won a championship, he's proven in the playoffs, a very good rebounder and can hit clutch 3's with the best of them when they count. He's got a little Larry Bird in him..

Kevin Love is a player... Haters gonna hate though on the mentally ill and often injured white man.. It happens ..

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Is Durant leaving this off-season?

I know you guys talk on a weekly basis.
    Probly not - green and Thompson definitely gone

ikid2groove415

You guys do know Davis is only 25 years old? I think he’s the most skilled offensive big in the NBA -, embiid is the most complete big tho

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

AD went for 36 points and 13 rebounds tonight.
    Love is still riding the pine, hurt.

AD is the most efficient player in the NBA

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

Love does not belong in the same sentence as AD.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Davis is way better than Love but they both are not as good as their stats. The Pelicans have talent around him and cannot win. You put Harden or Lebron on the Pelicans instead of Davis and they are big time. Randle was the best player on the Lakers last year. Mirotic was the best player on the Bulls last year. Jrue Holiday was an all star and the best player on the 76ers earlier in his career and is better than he ever was now.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    AD went for 36 points and 13 rebounds tonight.
    Love is still riding the pine, hurt.

AD is the most efficient player in the NBA

http://insider.espn.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

Love does not belong in the same sentence as AD.
    Cool stat there, Nashy. Hey, brah, tell me something. During Kevin Love's final season in Minnesota, 2013-2014, would you mind telling me the top four efficient players in the league?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Davis 1st ballot hall of famer

Giant stop drinking

vinnykal2323
    vinnykal2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

A slow footed big white guy that puts up monster stats on a losing team.

Anthony Davis is starting to remind me of Minnesota's Kevin Love.

He should be winning more games.
    are you high on crack? AD is top 3 right now. Kevin Love is a mental patient

ikid2groove415

I believe you can build a team around Davis with the right Coach and contend for a championship- forget the last few years - nobody was beating the warriors - but the dubs are ageing now and free agency

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by vinnykal2323 View Post
    are you high on crack? AD is top 3 right now. Kevin Love is a mental patient
    Are you high on stupidity? I said Minnesota's Kevin Love. Everyone was convinced he was a monster, including Lebron James. Now shut your fukking mouth before I have you exited from the site at once. Nice to meet you, Vinny.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

love was never on thevel of AD in first place!
    stop trollin

vinnykal2323

Are you high on stupidity? I said Minnesota's Kevin Love. Everyone was convinced he was a monster, including Lebron James. Now shut your fukking mouth before I have you exited from the site at once. Nice to meet you, Vinny.
    lol "including Lebron James" lmaooooo so you believe what these athletes say. go ahead and get me exited from the site, maybe SBR will give you the 850 points on the 5 team parlay i just hit. fukk outta here loser

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Davis 1st ballot hall of famer

Giant stop drinking
    Lmao this^^^

ikid2groove415

Remember Lebron can not win alone? He join Miami - then later had kyrie 2 Win the miracle comeback vs GSW in 2016- who’s Anthony Davis best teammate ?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Remember Lebron can not win alone? He join Miami - then later had kyrie 2 Win the miracle comeback vs GSW in 2016- who’s Anthony Davis best teammate ?
    Are you not reading rm18's posts? He understands the ins and outs of Pelicans basketball.

vinnykal2323

Giant, i dont care if you joined 7 years ago and have 22,000 more posts than me and want to threaten me off the site. you sound like a punk. Getting me kicked off the site is a snitch move. you def are a b*tch

ikid2groove415

Are you not reading rm18's posts? He understands the ins and outs of Pelicans basketball.
    And if you can switch any superstar and flip out Davis - nobody will win with that pelican roster -

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Julius randle may have had the best stats on the Lakers last yr but he and best player never belong in the same sentence

All the scouts and GM's know what a horrible player randle is, box score stats can be very misleading

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Kevin Love used to put up videogame numbers.

Just like Anthony Davis.

Neither of them were winning though.

Even if you track them back to college, they are similar.

Both had a great season. One won the title, and the other made it to the final four.

The similarities are uncanny.

You guys just don't get it.

You're not on my intellectual level.
    Doesn’t Davis get his garbage team to playoffs? Don’t recall love ever doing that.

jjgold

There’s no comparison between the two if you think there is you never watch the basketball game in your life

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

wow

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Julius randle may have had the best stats on the Lakers last yr but he and best player never belong in the same sentence
    All the scouts and GM's know what a horrible player randle is, box score stats can be very misleading
    The Lakers closed the season out 24-20 around the time he was inserted into the starting lineup. He is not a good defender but is nearly unguardable and has improved his range this season also.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by KingKolzig View Post
    danny ainge just needs to get it over with and trade for him. send jaylen brown, tatum and a first rounder. that should get it done. then when warriors fizzle you will get 2 rings
    This can`t happen unless Kyrie is part of the package. Something to do with the contracts.
    Brown, Tatum on rookie deals, making short $$$.
    Haywood, Kyrie and AD together would put them well into lux tax with no $$$ to fill out roster.
    Morris and Terry are up and cheap, but will get paid by another team next year.
    I think he goes to Lakers somehow, maybe in 2020 after he gets UFA status.

K.Love. Game has passed him by.

jjgold

Giant I wonder why you lose

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

A slow footed big white guy that puts up monster stats on a losing team.

Anthony Davis is starting to remind me of Minnesota's Kevin Love.

He should be winning more games.
    The coach sucks Giant. There's already a thread on that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Love can do things other big men can't and that's shoot the 3. Davis and others don't have that kind of shooting touch from beyond the arc.

This league has become a 3 point shooting league. So with that Love gets my nod. Has a ring and is clutch too.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Coaches go a long way with bigs. The brow is the closest thing today to Tim Duncan.

If he had popovich, he'd be a multiple ring winner instead he's got that clown Gentry.

Everyone is sick of superteams and Davis will most likely leave next year but incompetent coaches never get enough reproach as the driving force for it

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Love can do things other big men can't and that's shoot the 3. Davis and others don't have that kind of shooting touch from beyond the arc.

This league has become a 3 point shooting league. So with that Love gets my nod. Has a ring and is clutch too.
    thats not the reason he gets your nod anyone think love is better than davis needs a lobotomy

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    thats not the reason he gets your nod anyone think love is better than davis needs a lobotomy
    What ever, if you want to win championships now you need a Kevin Love on your team, just ask Lebron. Davis tough, better upside for sure for the long haul. To build a team around now and for the future you go with Davis..

That's all I have to say about that. Need proven winners to win championships.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-08-19 at 01:22 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Cool stat there, Nashy. Hey, brah, tell me something. During Kevin Love's final season in Minnesota, 2013-2014, would you mind telling me the top four efficient players in the league?
    You're talking about a player a half a decade ago, he's a shell of a player he was back in the day.

Since that magical 2013-2014 with Minnesota, and I give him mad props for that season, Love's offensive production has decreased by over 33 percent.
    Since that 2013-2014 Davis has averaged 20 plus points and 10 plus rebounds every season, and his offensive production has increased by almost 20 percent.

To answer your question Anthony Davis was the most efficient 2014-2015, then Curry, Westbrook and then Harden.
    Davis was the second most efficient last season, been top ten all those seasons.
    Plus Love can't play a lick of defense.

Giant, I like you, I like you a lot, but I don't what your point is?

rm18
    Update your status

As soon as Davis gets hurt Pelicans win by 20, yes it was an early MLK game and Beantown says the Nigerians have trouble scoring in early games but the Pelicans never hold anyone to 85 points.

First 123 Last