Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Lakers Injuries Piling Up

The Lakers‘ injury woes continued on Wednesday, as forward Kyle Kuzma left the team’s loss to Oklahoma City at halftime and didn’t return. Kuzma, who was diagnosed with a lower back contusion, is undergoing an MRI today to determine the extent of the injury, as Dave McMenamin of ESPN.com relays.

“He got hit somewhere in the game, something happened during the game,” head coach Luke Walton said. “You could notice he was starting to limp in those last couple minutes he was playing. He said he was fine. They worked on it at halftime; just said, ‘No go.'”

Los Angeles is already without a pair of key rotation players in LeBron James and Rajon Rondo. There has been no indication that James – who is dealing with a strained groin – is ready to return yet, and Rondo is expected to be sidelined for a few more weeks after undergoing hand surgery. As such, the Lakers will have to hope that the injury to Kuzma, who leads the team in total minutes, isn’t serious.

Kuzma is the Lakers’ second-leading scorer this season behind LeBron, averaging 18.3 PPG and 5.8 RPG on .472/.302/.780 shooting. If he has to miss time, players like Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Josh Hart figure to be leaned on more heavily, while Lance Stephenson and Svi Mykhailiuk are among those who could see a bump in minutes.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

"The inability to hold onto 4th quarter leads, plus injuries, plus how packed the West is makes this...well it's not panic, but it's highly concerning. If Kuzma is out extended with no Rondo and no LeBron, all of a sudden this becomes a very under-talented team."

Nick Wright

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes
    They are about done

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

I hit the Lakers m/l on a live play before halftime. My apologies to Kyle Kuzma.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

This was always a throw away year for the Lakers.. Lebron knew this when he signed as they need another superstar which they will get next year thru free agency.. Salary cap is freed up..

This is just a season for the younger players to gel and get better.. It always was.. Big losing streak coming up as the schedule is about to get really tough.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jame...224632808.html
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-03-19 at 12:26 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Kuzma’s MRI confirmed the diagnosis of a lower back contusion, tweets Tania Ganguli of The Los Angeles Times. Having avoided a more serious injury, Kuzma will be listed as questionable for Friday’s game against New York.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kuzma is the second best player on this current Laker team besides Lebron.. Lakers dodged a bullet, he's out they start getting blown out. He's in they just lose by a few digits and look respectable still..

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Would be a nice team to bet against now...

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

All the young guys going to fake injuries until the deadline passes 😂

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Lakers only hope is to trade for Davis, they better keep these kids healthy.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    The Lakers only hope is to trade for Davis, they better keep these kids healthy.
    I've already came with this take, believe I was the first one who proposed that the Lakers acquire Davis for Ingram or Kuzma + Ball + Pope & 1st.

Stated loud and clear to all who will listen that the Lakers will win the title this year if Lebron healthy and they get Davis.

Question is does Magic have the cajones to improve the Lakers cause ya'll know Lebron ready to ball his heart out!

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post
    I've already came with this take, believe I was the first one who proposed that the Lakers acquire Davis for Ingram or Kuzma + Ball + Pope & 1st.

Stated loud and clear to all who will listen that the Lakers will win the title this year if Lebron healthy and they get Davis.

Question is does Magic have the cajones to improve the Lakers cause ya'll know Lebron ready to ball his heart out!
    The Lakers have zero chance to win a title this year with Davis because they'd have to gut their team to do so, Davis and Lebron would take time to develop chemistry too, and Walton isn't a championship coach.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Davis ain't no Shaq but if you could trade for him I'd entertain that idea if it made sense. This league isn't about centers anymore.

I think the Lakers are set on one of the top 3 free agents in KD, Leonard, or Irving next year. Probably not Irving though since Lebron and him have been there and done that in Cleveland....https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/7/...t-kyrie-irving
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-03-19 at 08:24 PM.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdder View Post

yeah and might as well send the whole team for davis while youre at it!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    yeah and might as well send the whole team for davis while youre at it!
    I didn't even want to comment on that post by DA. That's just silly.. Lol..

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

thx KLC

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Did Lebron hurt his brain when asked about his racist dumbass comment and was out for a week? Fuk, guy is a complete fraud. After his fake ass racist report at his LA home he should just shut the fuk up with his 7th grade education. But he is in LA now so he fits right in with the rest of the dipshits. He must rival Einstein amongst those clowns.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Lakers start out at -8.5 against the Knicks tonight. Too high?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Lakers start out at -8.5 against the Knicks tonight. Too high?
    Knicks aren't all that and really do suck. Laker scrubs might be able to hang and even cover that spread at home. Who frigg'n knows? Tough call.

The game write up -

The New York Knicks appear to catch a break Friday night when they are unlikely to have to deal with LeBron James when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers in a game pairing teams that have struggled of late.
    James suffered a strained left groin in the Lakers' win at Golden State on Christmas Day and has missed the last four games, including Wednesday's 107-100 home loss to Oklahoma City.
    The loss was the Lakers' third in the four games without James, who had played the team's first 34 games as well as all 82 for the Cleveland Cavaliers last season.
    James' availability is being determined on a day-to-day basis, but he almost surely will not return for the New York game on Friday.
    The Lakers' injury situation went from bad to worse when Kyle Kuzma underwent an MRI on his ailing back Thursday after sitting out Wednesday's game. The Lakers listed him as questionable to face the Knicks (9-29) because of a lower back contusion.
    The Lakers (21-17) definitely will go without Rajon Rondo, who could miss the entire month of January with a thumb injury.
    "It makes it tough," Lakers forward Brandon Ingram told reporters of the injury situation after the loss to the Thunder. "We have a lot of guys out and we just try to figure out different ways to attack the paint. On the defensive end, just try to make small adjustments so that we can be effective in each part of the game."
    If there's a positive for the Lakers, it's that it will be the lowly Knicks visiting on Friday.
    New York has played the entire season without star big man Kristaps Porzingis, and having lost eight in a row, are one of only a handful of NBA teams already truly out of playoff contention.
    Coincidentally, getting production out of their big men has been the least of the Knicks' problems of late.
    Luke Kornet, who had started one game previously in his NBA career, has gotten the call in the last three and put up big numbers, averaging 18.7 points while shooting 51 percent from the field overall and 63 percent on 3-pointers.
    Kornet has been so good, Knicks coach David Fizdale has elected to bring arguably his best player, Enes Kanter, off the bench.
    That did not go well for two games, during which Kanter totaled just eight points and wondered aloud why he'd been demoted. But he responded in Monday's loss at Denver with 17 points and 12 rebounds in 20 minutes.
    "The only thing I learned from my career, you have to stay together," Kanter expressed to reporters recently. "You cannot fall apart. You need that one, two, three guys to bring the positive energy in the locker room. If you're losing, everybody is shaking their head, everybody is depressed. You need that guy to bring that positive energy, keep that energy up, make people laugh."
    The meeting will be the first of the season between the Knicks and Lakers. James' one and only trip to New York is scheduled for March 17.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-04-19 at 11:25 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Knicks do suck though.. Last 5 games..

Date Home/Away Opponent Time
    Jan 4 @ LA Lakers 7:30 PM PST
    TWSN, MSG
    Dec 21 vs Atlanta L 114 - 107
    Dec 25 vs Milwaukee L 109 - 95
    Dec 27 @ Milwaukee L 112 - 96
    Dec 29 @ Utah L 129 - 97
    Jan 1 @ Denver L 115 - 108

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

LeBron James (strained groin) will be re-evaluated in one week and will not travel on the upcoming road trip.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Injured Lakers star LeBron James will be re-evaluated in one week, the team announced today in a press release. That means that James, who continues to battle a strained left groin, will miss at least Los Angeles’ next four games.

James suffered his groin injury on Christmas Day, with his team rallying in his absence to complete a blowout win over Golden State. However, the Lakers are just 1-3 since then, splitting a pair of games against the Kings and dropping home contests to the Clippers and Thunder.

The Lakers’ upcoming schedule features a home game vs. the Knicks tonight, followed by contests in Minnesota on Sunday and Dallas on Monday. LeBron won’t travel with the team on that brief road trip, according to today’s announcement, and he’ll miss next Wednesday’s game vs. Detroit too. Next Friday’s game in Utah looks like the earliest possible return date for the four-time MVP.

The Lakers will also be without Rajon Rondo for a few weeks due to a hand injury, and Kyle Kuzma is considered questionable for Friday as he deals with a back contusion. L.A. is currently in the No. 8 spot in the West with a 21-17 record, so it will be interesting to see if the short-handed club can win some of its upcoming games and hang onto a playoff spot until LeBron returns.

magpie878
    magpie878's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7037

Putting up 108 on the road vs a tough Denver team is a glimmer of optimism... though I really hate to ever take the Knicks, they have a shot to cover or win with the Lakers' woes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by magpie878 View Post
    Putting up 108 on the road vs a tough Denver team is a glimmer of optimism... though I really hate to ever take the Knicks, they have a shot to cover or win with the Lakers' woes.
    Knicks money line is a thought. If I were to bet it I might try the ML especially if Kusma is ruled out but I'm not betting this game.. OUT.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Knicks money line is a thought. If I were to bet it I might try the ML especially if Kusma is ruled out but I'm not betting this game.. OUT.
    over is the play

jjgold

Let’s see if the Knicks can battle them tonight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    over is the play
    Over is looking like the call.. Brilliant Shocka!!! 122 at half.. I thought the Lakers might have trouble with scoring but they are putting up enough so far even without Lebron, Kuzma and others..

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/new-yor...rs-2019010413/

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Knicks on the ML even better call... This team is sunk without Kus and LJ even at home..

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    over is the play
    Easy

Frank Mills

I hit with NYK and the points. Did the O/U hit shocka ?

n1 Jib

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Mills View Post
    I hit with NYK and the points. Did the O/U hit shocka ?

n1 Jib
    Over hit easily...

jjgold

wasted year for lebron

His time running out and now injuries seem to be creeping in because of age

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    wasted year for lebron

His time running out and now injuries seem to be creeping in because of age
    Aging players do start getting injured more often especially if you are a big body. Just ask Shaq and other bigs. Even Kobe started getting injured around 35.. Steve Nash too.. Etc..

Tim Duncan was about the only big I remember that avoided the injury bug when aged but that's because he was a swimmer and stayed lean.. Stretchy rubber and lean body can buy you time. Stretching when you get older is HUGE!! I know this from experience.. Power Yoga works..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-05-19 at 01:25 PM.

jjgold

Lebron just about done as far as being injury free

Frank Mills

will he catch Kareem ? Answer = no sir

12 Last