QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Sixers -3 is too good to be true!

Sixers are 7-0 at home and are at -3 to cover the line.
    Utah got blown out by 50 points in Dallas a couple nights ago.

So Philly -3 is the play here, right?

No! Take Utah +3! I say Philly loses their first game at home.
    Points Awarded:

Deenoz gave QuantumLeap 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Conqueror gave QuantumLeap 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

I have a bit of a revelation to make. I previously said this would be my last pick since it would be my 10th and I am 7-2 in these picks. In my previous posts of this nature here at SBR I have been using line movement to give me a start as to which team to pick and there really hasn't been much line movement so that's why I was going to quit. I didn't want people waiting for my picks if they were only going to be once a week or so.

I think I'll continue watching line movements and making these picks. Just don't expect them every night.

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Utah is 5-3 on the road. This is their third of five games of a road trip. They are not really a good road team. Took three of four on their first road trip. Look for them to not cover two of the remaining three road games. Can't say specifically about this game. JMO

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    Utah is 5-3 on the road. This is their third of five games of a road trip. They are not really a good road team. Took three of four on their first road trip. Look for them to not cover two of the remaining three road games. Can't say specifically about this game. JMO
    Thanks for the input but I throw things like this out the window. This is a special spot for the Jazz to bounce back from their last game by making a statement here.

I've been reading up on this game. Butler is still learning his way with Philly and in his last game was -10 in his +/-.

Gobert matches up well with Embiid since The French Rejection plays farther out due to his shot selection. This will cause Embiid to not be able to defend around the basket as well opening up that area for passes from the Jazz.

frankieunits2685
    frankieunits2685's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2021

good luck Quantum.

I'm on the over

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

sixers win sixers coming off an embarassing lost giving up 21 straight points to magic. Its a bad matchup for jazz the way they score is through their guards and when you have simmons and butler locking down mitchell and rubio its gonna be hard for jazz to score. Jazz have been way overvalued this year if you look at their spreads and less not forget drose put 50 on them i could see butler and simmons salvating at this matchup

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO

and what would you want the line to be sixers 3rd or 4th team in the east vs jazz who are the 3rd or 4th team in the west 3 points for home court and its 2 evenly matched teams

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by frankieunits2685 View Post
    good luck Quantum.

I'm on the over
    Good luck Frankie.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    sixers win sixers coming off an embarassing lost giving up 21 straight points to magic. Its a bad matchup for jazz the way they score is through their guards and when you have simmons and butler locking down mitchell and rubio its gonna be hard for jazz to score. Jazz have been way overvalued this year if you look at their spreads and less not forget drose put 50 on them i could see butler and simmons salvating at this matchup
    Good stuff Ratpack. Mitchell and Rubio will be passing to the forwards with Embiid being forced to play farther out due to Gobert being able to shoot from the outside.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO

and if you look at who scored for the magic it was their bigs not their guards because simmons and butler shut them down. Jazz dont have scoring bigs so once you shut the guards down which they will jazz are in trouble and looking at another mid 80s scoring game

Deenoz
    Deenoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

buckets will probably need time to gel with his new teammates.
    i'm staying away from this one.
    thanks QL.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

both teams had very bad 2nd halfs (halves?) the other night...

utah i have no idea whatsoever............... philly, it seemed like butler marginalized simmons stat line, just as simmons had done the same to fultz (fultz was actually very good playing with reserves). seems like simmons (and maybe fultz) need to play with a team tailored to their skills. simmons especially as with him a tradtional PG is a complete waste offensively

any insight into utah's horrible night?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    both teams had very bad 2nd halfs (halves?) the other night...

utah i have no idea whatsoever............... philly, it seemed like butler marginalized simmons stat line, just as simmons had done the same to fultz (fultz was actually very good playing with reserves). seems like simmons (and maybe fultz) need to play with a team tailored to their skills. simmons especially as with him a tradtional PG is a complete waste offensively

any insight into utah's horrible night?
    I looked at the box score and they were competitive until halftime. In the third quarter they lagged behind and then in the fourth they only scored 9 points. I said to myself that it looked like they quit.

I read up on the game and the coach said the same thing, that they just gave up in the end. These players are grown men, professionals. They were embarrassed last game. They not like college kids who will sulk and be so affected by it.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quantum, good comments. it's a long season and there are human beings so giving up occasionally is inevitable.

i see mitchell with 34 shots and zero assists. quite something for a shooting guard. almost derrick rose (final games of chicago run) numbers.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Utah lead late in this game but the Sixers win by 6.

7-3

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

That is what happens on these long road trips. Utah isn't going to overachieve on the road all year long. But I like what you are attempting to do with these plays. GL

Deenoz
    Deenoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

all good QL. keep them coming.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    That is what happens on these long road trips. Utah isn't going to overachieve on the road all year long. But I like what you are attempting to do with these plays. GL
    As we see what happened tonight (Saturday) these long road trips can be deceiving and Utah overachieves against Boston.