BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Time for Donovan to go

You’re up 9 with four minutes left and you’re in the huddle telling the team to keep pushing the pace.

OKC proceeds to miss for consecutive threes and lets Boston go on a 16-1 run to end the game.

Why keep jacking threes early in the shot clock when your a horrible theee point shooting team?

It’s their philosophy to let anyone but Adams jack threes and they’re one of the worst teams in the league from downtown.

I don’t expect OKC to win anything but 0-4 isn’t acceptable.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

OKC is very good at drafting and not bad at free agency. not so good at hiring coaches. he was overwhelmed from day 1. dont think he's ever been comfortable coaching russ. or even attempting to.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    OKC is very good at drafting and not bad at free agency. not so good at hiring coaches. he was overwhelmed from day 1. dont think he's ever been comfortable coaching russ. or even attempting to.
    No kidding. In a make or break year, when they blew a 3-1 lead to GSW, they bring in a college coach to lead NBA super stars....

He had been a deer in headlights ever since. Even Pitino and Calipari has issues in the NBA.

Presti brought in the wrong guy.

Kevin Durant
    Russell Westbrook
    James Harden
    Paul George
    Victor Oladipo
    Steven Adams
    Serve Ibaka
    Reggie Jackson

You had theee hall of Famers and multiple all-stars on a small market team which never happens and Presti f*cked it up.

For all the praise he has gotten for drafting three MVPs consecutively....he has really swing and missed on some other draft picks

Cam Payne
    Cole Aldrich
    Perry Jones
    Mitch McGary
    Etc

Don_Omarion
    Goals are set! +100 Units
    Don_Omarion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1304

line was trap IMO to make u take OKC

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I was honestly stunned when they decided to keep him after last season's trainwreck. It's obvious he's way in over his head in this league.

He isn't the only problem though. The roster they've put together around Russ PG and Adams is a complete joke. It's like Presti goes out of his way to keep finding these bums. Every year there's a new version of Sefolosha, Thabeet and Perkins.

europe_baller
    europe_baller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

They had 2 good possesions when Abrines scored 2 threes and then never touched the ball but Russ.. he kept taking horrible shots,hitting front rim every possesion.. He was not hot and kept forcing..PG was the same.. Agree, Donovan is not getting it done.. Wasn't even going to take OKC and killed my parlay with Portl and over and lakers ML.. And I like OKC...ughh

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by europe_baller View Post
    They had 2 good possesions when Abrines scored 2 threes and then never touched the ball but Russ.. he kept taking horrible shots,hitting front rim every possesion.. He was not hot and kept forcing..PG was the same.. Agree, Donovan is not getting it done.. Wasn't even going to take OKC and killed my parlay with Portl and over and lakers ML.. And I like OKC...ughh
    Killed my parlay too.

I had ...

Texans -7.5
    Texans/Dolphins over
    Boston Bruins ML
    OKC +1

I never do parlays and thought I was good up 9 with four minutes left.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

He has a good rapport with the two stars so they had to keep him. No one thought George would return -would have been even less likely without a coach in place.

Agree he's an idiot, AND gutless. Didn't have the balls to bench Anthony last season. Took him 4 games this season to realise that Grant should be starting over washed-up Patterson. This is inexcusable.

I will say he did well last game; starting Grant and having Abrines - the only one that can make an open shot consistently on this team - on the floor in crunch time.