The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Nicola Jokic got a max deal wtf

DeAndre Jordan a Mav

Jokic is a stud, man. Why is that so funny?

The crazy one is Chris Paul. The last couple of years of that contract will look insane.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Where are you getting this? Stop watching ESPN. How many playoff games has the Lakers supporting cast won? You are out of your mind if you think any of these Laker scrubs are better than Kevin Love. Go look up the stats. What Laker player is better than JR, Jeff Green, Korver or George Hill or Tristan Thompson???

The Cav's made it to the Finals 4 straight seasons with this cast. The media loves to shit on Cleveland as if it's Lebron and a bunch of pips. Well Glady's Knight wouldn't be shit without the group. You have to have guys that can play together. Nothing tells you that LA is better than Cleveland even with Cousins and Kawhi. They'll have to prove it on paper.
    I would take the Lakers cast over Cleveland's in a heartbeat. They're all young, and up-and-coming. All of their guys are like 23 and under.

Cleveland has some terrible contracts, dead weight. JR Smith, Tristan Kardashian, etc.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    SA will trade him to the Celtics before the Lakers. Celtics have better pieces they can trade.
    I tend to agree. But... could there be a 3-way deal?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    plaza he already told the Celtics he wouldn't resign no point of the Celtics trading any value for a one year rental
    You never know. Paul George said he wanted to come to LA, and OKC had a year to woo him to stay. And he did.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

giant LeBron is gonna be 34 in December if he wants to win RIGHT AWAY like he claims he doesn't have time to wait around a couple of years and train these guys to win

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

Celtics cant take that chance of giving up guys like tatum or brown who are still on their rookie deals on a guy who "might" sign from them

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Lakers won’t even be a 4 seed - Child please

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    giant LeBron is gonna be 34 in December if he wants to win RIGHT AWAY like he claims he doesn't have time to wait around a couple of years and train these guys to win
    No argument there. I know Lebron doesn't like playing with unestablished players. So, trade a couple of them away for Leonard, and then sign Cousins on a one-year deal.

ikid2groove415

Lebron gave up winning championship when he pick the LAKERS - no way in hell this move increase his chance on winning a ring -

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Lebron gave up winning championship when he pick the LAKERS - no way in hell this move increase his chance on winning a ring -
    He hasn't signed yet. Where do you think he should go?

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    He hasn't signed yet. Where do you think he should go?
    Best shot stay east - PHILLY

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

All these deals being finalized...

Chris Paul 4 year Max Deal 160 million (Houston)

Jokic 5 yrs 148 million (Denver)

DeAndre Jordan 1 year Deal 24.1 million (Dallas)

Paul George 4 Yrs 137 million (Oklahoma City)

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I would take the Lakers cast over Cleveland's in a heartbeat. They're all young, and up-and-coming. All of their guys are like 23 and under.
    Cleveland has some terrible contracts, dead weight. JR Smith, Tristan Kardashian, etc.
    Which is why you're not a GM. You would take young unproven players over Kevin Love. That's asinine. Young does not win playoff games nor titles. You have to have veterans that are proven. Why do you think Lebron wanted Love in the first place? He knew guys like Wiggins take many years to develop and may never. Kyle Kuzma?? Are you kidding me? Call me when he's a consistent double-double for several years.

TT and JR's contracts are not dead weight. They won a freaking title, could have won another if Love and Kyrie didn't get hurt and have consistently beaten every team not named GS. Tristan single handed beat Indiana in game 7. Him and JR were instrumental in beating Boston. Both of those contracts are not dead at all. It's small potatoes in this new NBA environment. Who can they replace JR, TT or Love and get comparable value? Who out there can do what either of them do? They each have a specific role which most casual fan has no clue.

Dan Gilbert has shown that he will pay to keep players as they move into the expensive part of their deals. Unlike OKC when they let Harden go over a few million. Now years later, OKC is willing to open the checkbook to George because they saw what happened by being cheap.

ikid2groove415

Ya could laugh - but if he did choose the clippers? They would rival GSW/Houston- clippers got great perimeter defenders in Bradley/Beverly and good perimeter shooters - they got pieces that would fit with Lebron

Mac4Lyfe

Best shot stay east - PHILLY
    Why would he join a Philly team that is not built to shoot 3's which Lebron needs to be surrounded by? Him and Ben Simmons are playing the exact position and Simmons can't shoot for shit. What about guard play? What about Embiid clogging up the lanes? I think Philly would be one of the worst places for him to win. Too many clashes that will disrupt team chemistry.

The one team I think he would work well would be the Pelicans. That would be a dangerous team with Lebron that can run the floor, play defense and shoot. You have several guys with high basketball IQ's (to help Lebron who's BBall IQ is not the best).

In the East it would be Boston but NO is the spot in the West. I'm not sure his major concern is winning titles anymore.

The Giant

Which is why you're not a GM. You would take young unproven players over Kevin Love. That's asinine. Young does not win playoff games nor titles. You have to have veterans that are proven. Why do you think Lebron wanted Love in the first place? He knew guys like Wiggins take many years to develop and may never. Kyle Kuzma?? Are you kidding me? Call me when he's a consistent double-double for several years.

TT and JR's contracts are not dead weight. They won a freaking title, could have won another if Love and Kyrie didn't get hurt and have consistently beaten every team not named GS. Tristan single handed beat Indiana in game 7. Him and JR were instrumental in beating Boston. Both of those contracts are not dead at all. It's small potatoes in this new NBA environment. Who can they replace JR, TT or Love and get comparable value? Who out there can do what either of them do? They each have a specific role which most casual fan has no clue.

Dan Gilbert has shown that he will pay to keep players as they move into the expensive part of their deals. Unlike OKC when they let Harden go over a few million. Now years later, OKC is willing to open the checkbook to George because they saw what happened by being cheap.
    I can't argue with this stuff, Mac. You are too much of a homer. You thought Cleveland was going to beat Golden State.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave The Giant 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ikid2groove415

Why would he join a Philly team that is not built to shoot 3's which Lebron needs to be surrounded by? Him and Ben Simmons are playing the exact position and Simmons can't shoot for shit. What about guard play? What about Embiid clogging up the lanes? I think Philly would be one of the worst places for him to win. Too many clashes that will disrupt team chemistry.

The one team I think he would work well would be the Pelicans. That would be a dangerous team with Lebron that can run the floor, play defense and shoot. You have several guys with high basketball IQ's (to help Lebron who's BBall IQ is not the best).

In the East it would be Boston but NO is the spot in the West. I'm not sure his major concern is winning titles anymore.
    Philly got shooters Reddick-Dario - Lebron would make any team better and most important he wouldn’t over tax his body with the sixers

The Giant

Ya could laugh - but if he did choose the clippers? They would rival GSW/Houston- clippers got great perimeter defenders in Bradley/Beverly and good perimeter shooters - they got pieces that would fit with Lebron
    They've got some decent pieces in Tobias Harris, and Danilo Gallinari can shoot when he isn't injured. They just had a nice draft, too. Rumor is tonight they're looking at Caldwell Pope. That would be wild if Jerry West swooped in and grabbed Lebron.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

chris paul contract is bad 4 years 160 mil to a declining player who is often hurt

ikid2groove415

This Probly isn’t a bold prediction but Leonard and Lebron will start the season with the Lakers - most the young guys will be gone - Lebron doesnt like playing with kids he don’t respect- Spurs will have no choice - since Leonard is saying he will only resign with the Lakers - Ingram and kuzma too the spurs

ikid2groove415

They've got some decent pieces in Tobias Harris, and Danilo Gallinari can shoot when he isn't injured. They just had a nice draft, too. Rumor is tonight they're looking at Caldwell Pope. That would be wild if Jerry West swooped in and grabbed Lebron.
    Either way it’s one of the LA TEAMS- I don’t know how people can just ignore the clippers - he respect Jerry West and doc rivers -

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i'm surprised george wanted to stay in okc, they will never win a championship with stat stuffer westbrook and george, don't have enough pieces especially with terrible carmelo anthony

Mac4Lyfe

I can't argue with this stuff, Mac. You are too much of a homer. You thought Cleveland was going to beat Golden State.
    Cav's missing a quality coach, that's all. No homer. I call it like I see it. I said they would be in the Finals, even after everyone called them for dead. I called them stealing game 1 before JR and Tyronn Clue lost their damn minds.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

JJ, it's probably the shame involved.

Do most of the women you pleasure yourself to look like your aunt?
    Exactly what Dr. Phil would say.

ChessPlayer1
    New here!
    ChessPlayer1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

LBJ should still go to the Lakers.

As the poster above said, the young core is there to grow with.

Built-in excuse to lose the first year!

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Jokic is a stud, man. Why is that so funny?

The crazy one is Chris Paul. The last couple of years of that contract will look insane.
    Giant is an NBA guru.

Mac4Lyfe

Philly got shooters Reddick-Dario - Lebron would make any team better and most important he wouldn’t over tax his body with the sixers
    Korver is a better shooter than Reddick and JR is a better shooter than Saric. Plus they both are extremely better defenders than your guys in Philly and they both have Finals experience.

Stop watching ESPN which loves to stir the pot with bullshit, like the Cav's suck, yet their best players are better than the other teams best players. Then ESPN loves to talk about the Cav's bad contracts when they are actually efficient and well thought out considering the soaring salaries the next 2 years will command. Philly paid Reddick $24 million last year. He's an UFA this year, so he may not even be back. Kyle Korver will make $22 million IN 3 YEARS. Plus, JR cost $14 million. Reddick cost $3 million more money than JR and Korver combined. You'll never hear this on ESPN though.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Cavs are over the cap without LBJ, that's why those contracts are bad. They overpaid for above average players some of whom are wack jobs.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Korver is a better shooter than Reddick and JR is a better shooter than Saric. Plus they both are extremely better defenders than your guys in Philly and they both have Finals experience.

Stop watching ESPN which loves to stir the pot with bullshit, like the Cav's suck, yet their best players are better than the other teams best players. Then ESPN loves to talk about the Cav's bad contracts when they are actually efficient and well thought out considering the soaring salaries the next 2 years will command. Philly paid Reddick $24 million last year. He's an UFA this year, so he may not even be back. Kyle Korver will make $22 million IN 3 YEARS. Plus, JR cost $14 million. Reddick cost $3 million more money than JR and Korver combined. You'll never hear this on ESPN though.
    Reddick averaged 17 ppg Korver 9. Think korver shot a % point better. Reddick will be back especially after the 2 FA that Philly lost.

Laughable you feel Smith better than Saric. He averaged 6 more ppa and shot better % in 2 & 3 pointers. Let’s not even discuss the intelligence factor. Smith really showed that finals experience!

With that being said I have no clue what phillys plans are. The draft night trade was to get the unprotected #1 in 2021 & use as trade bait but not sure that’s enough to get Leonard

ikid2groove415

Giant is right - you are a cavs homer man

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I respect Paul George. He made it clear he didn't want to bounce around the league. He did what he thought was best for him. He liked OKC and the organization.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Reddick averaged 17 ppg Korver 9. Think korver shot a % point better. Reddick will be back especially after the 2 FA that Philly lost.
    Laughable you feel Smith better than Saric. He averaged 6 more ppa and shot better % in 2 & 3 pointers. Let’s not even discuss the intelligence factor. Smith really showed that finals experience!
    With that being said I have no clue what phillys plans are. The draft night trade was to get the unprotected #1 in 2021 & use as trade bait but not sure that’s enough to get Leonard
    Reddick was the featured scorer on Philly. Do you really think he would average 17 with Lebron there? Lost in all of the bashing of Smith for not calling a timeout (when Lue and Lebron could have easily called a timeout as well) was that his defense was one of the best on the Cavs. He had to hold the opponents best players most nights. It's not about just scoring. Plus the Cav's bench is much better than Philly.

It has nothing to do with me being a Cav fan. The Cav's were the best team in the East. Proven fact. They could have won 2 games against GSW. The Cav's made it to 4 straight Finals. Is it easier to say they would make it to 5 or that some other team in the East will? We can only deal in facts not Saric is better than JR discussions.

Mac4Lyfe

Giant is right - you are a cavs homer man
    Does not make my points incorrect. First you guys said the Cav's don't have cap space... Well ANY team that gets Lebron will not have cap space, so that's a ridiculous assertion. Then some of you guys say that the Cav's role players suck, when they are better than all the teams you're tying to compare them with. Then you say the Cav's can't win, WHEN all they've been doing is winning the last 4 years. ikidd - you are a known Cavs hater. All you do is post shit about Cleveland and Lebron. You must get on your knees every night and pray every night that he'll come to your team??? You have a sick love/hate with Lebron.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

As a Cav fan, I'm fine wherever Lebron ends up. We got our title, the most incredible moment in sports history, so life is good. He deserves to go where he pleases. I wish him all the best as long as it doesn't hurt my Cavs. I think it's time for the Cleveland front office to stop chasing him and trying to prove it's worth, year after year, like a desperate husband trying to keep his wife happy.
    At least it frees up that money for you, hopefully you're owner spends it wisely and brings in some decent pieces to rebuild with.I like Cleveland as a town so I do want to see them do well.

First 1234 Last