A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    It's funny how everyone is currently hating on durant but forgot that lebron did the very same thing and ironically beat durant when he made it to the finals organically with okc

And all the people that bashed lebron when he went to miami didn't bring up the guy who started this trend when kg went to boston

Super teams had been manufactured before but they never had championship success
    Exactly! Only difference before was that players could choose a boat load of money or form a super team. Now the money is locked in and we get the same handful of teams year in and year out.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Lebroom is good but not a great teammate. There is no I in team

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Lets not forget this Cavs may be the worst team to make the finals in decades. Lebron drug their sorry asses to the finals, and now they’re playing a great team and it shows how inferior they are...

If anyone thinks Jordan being on this Cavs team would make any difference they’re delusional

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    And I mean loooooooww IQ... He makes JR Smith look like a Rhodes scholar.
    Lol eddy i need munny to go pro because im a broke dik fuk has always been 1 of the biggest fkin tools here. Keep betting on the so called Goat in the finals Ed and u will never be able to round up thay hundo pal.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Exactly! Only difference before was that players could choose a boat load of money or form a super team. Now the money is locked in and we get the same handful of teams year in and year out.
    What kind of an impact would cp have had playing alongside kobe? Both would have been near their primes with kobe descending and Paul ascending. I think they win at least 1 more title easily

bababoyee
    bababoyee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

Great point about Joe Montana vs Brady Rich.
    I’ll counter with this;
    Jordan 5 time league MVP
    Lebron 4 time league MVP
    And I’ll also add that Jordan has the highest scoring average in NBA history.
    Lebron is 4th on that list.
    I’m not a hater; I think Lebron is a beast.
    Just not the greatest ever
    Someone is blocking his path

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    Lol eddy i need munny to go pro because im a broke dik fuk has always been 1 of the biggest fkin tools here. Keep betting on the so called Goat in the finals Ed and u will never be able to round up thay hundo pal.
    That's cute. But you'll still wake up tomorrow morning dumber than the pillow you slept on.

tony_come

Jane harden 2017-2018 MVP

Congrats

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Think of it this way.

In a game of 1v1, would any player in NBA history be favored to beat Lebron in his prime

Lebron (in his prime) vs Jordan (in his prime) - projected line Lebron -150
    Lebron vs Kobe - Lebron -200

He is the most skilled and physically gifted player ever to play in the league and maybe in all of professional sports.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

What kind of an impact would cp have had playing alongside kobe? Both would have been near their primes with kobe descending and Paul ascending. I think they win at least 1 more title easily
    Stern blocked that Chris Paul trade for stacking but yet some how KD went to the Warriors whom were already contenders with out him soon after.. Hmmmmm???

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

IS a fkin idiot plain and simple. This fkin stat slut is goin to suffer another finals loss and quit blaming his fkin team all the time. Dude has been on all star teams and still has only won 3 titles.Yes i said only because when u call urseld the king and u have played in the weak ass east ur whole career u should have a hell of alot more.So please quit with this dumbass Goat shit.
    Lebron hasn't beaten any quality teams in the East en route to the finals. Literally none. Bryant literally beat 25 teams in the playoffs with at least 50 reg season wins. Know how many Lebron has beaten? 10.

That's a joke.

Lebron might go down as a better player than Bryant (right now he's not, but he's getting there) simply because of his longevity and amazing conditioning.

As a basketball fan, you cannot help but admire what Lebron has accomplished. The guy is simply one of the 3 greatest players in history. I don't think that can even be argued tbh.

But yeah, to have a player like D Wade and only win 2/4 championships is a huge stain. Lebron averaged 17 ppg against Dallas in the finals while a much older Wade averaged nearly 30.

Lebron wouldn't have won that finals MVP either.... clearly. That would be another hit on his legacy.

Jordan only played with Pippen. Wade clearly had a much better career than Pippen, even though Pippen was amazing. Stats and resumes don't lie.

James still has more years left in him Clutchhut....stay tuned bro.
    Points Awarded:

Clutchut12 gave Goat Milk 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Bryant was the best player in the world when that trade was vetoed. How can you say he was descending?

That team and Miami would face off all 4 times. Miami would win 2 with Wade Bron and Bosh. Bryant Paul and Dwight would win 2.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lebron hasn't beaten any quality teams in the East en route to the finals. Literally none. Bryant literally beat 25 teams in the playoffs with at least 50 reg season wins. Know how many Lebron has beaten? 10.

That's a joke.

Lebron might go down as a better player than Bryant (right now he's not, but he's getting there) simply because of his longevity and amazing conditioning.

As a basketball fan, you cannot help but admire what Lebron has accomplished. The guy is simply one of the 3 greatest players in history. I don't think that can even be argued tbh.

But yeah, to have a player like D Wade and only win 2/4 championships is a huge stain. Lebron averaged 17 ppg against Dallas in the finals while a much older Wade averaged nearly 30.

Lebron wouldn't have won that finals MVP either.... clearly. That would be another hit on his legacy.

Jordan only played with Pippen. Wade clearly had a much better career than Pippen, even though Pippen was amazing. Stats and resumes don't lie.

James still has more years left in him Clutchhut....stay tuned bro.
    Those are great points Bud,and im not saying Lebron isnt great because he is,but he is far from the level of Jordan and he isnt even Kobe in my opinion.

bababoyee

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Think of it this way.

In a game of 1v1, would any player in NBA history be favored to beat Lebron in his prime

Lebron (in his prime) vs Jordan (in his prime) - projected line Lebron -150
    Lebron vs Kobe - Lebron -200

He is the most skilled and physically gifted player ever to play in the league and maybe in all of professional sports.
    I would take that bet all day, every day!
    I’ll just agree to disagree with you Rich
    Cheers mate

bababoyee

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Jane harden 2017-2018 MVP

Congrats
    That’s fair Tony.
    But then, what’s your argument for him being Goat?
    Jordan has won more titles
    Won more finals MVP
    Won more league MVP
    And has a higher scoring average.

What’s the argument for Lebron? That he played on crappy teams?
    That makes him GOAT?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bryant was the best player in the world when that trade was vetoed. How can you say he was descending?

That team and Miami would face off all 4 times. Miami would win 2 with Wade Bron and Bosh. Bryant Paul and Dwight would win 2.
    Dwight to? 3-1 lakers maybe 4-0

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I've never called him better than Jordan, really think it silly to compare as not only are their styles so different the game has completely changed since jordans era.

But calling guys who say he is the goat "morons" or "idiots" is not very bright in itself. The fact he been to so many finals and owns 3 rings is nothing to sneeze at. There are plenty of all timers w far fewer rings than him!!! You can talk about how bad the east is all you want, fact still remains the teams he takes to the finals are lotto teams when he isn't playing with them, in that very same eastern conference!!!! There absolutely no shame in Bron losing to a team of All Stars with a couple future HOFers on it. As much as I love Jordan if you put him in Brons place on this cavs team up against the warriors I don't think he would beat them either!!! Again it impossible to compare really cause in that same breath I don't think if you took warriors and put them in Jordan's era they would be winning titles, game was way to physical back then for these snowflakes imo..

I just have never understood the hate bron gets. Really don't see the point in trying to debate who the best is. When Jordan came along he was most amazing player I've ever seen. In this era bron is far and away the king and I think we should consider ourselves lucky we got to see them both.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bababoyee View Post
    That’s fair Tony.
    But then, what’s your argument for him being Goat?
    Jordan has won more titles
    Won more finals MVP
    Won more league MVP
    And has a higher scoring average.

What’s the argument for Lebron? That he played on crappy teams?
    That makes him GOAT?
    They play such different games. Im assuming bron has Jordan by a lot in assist and prob rebounds too. You don't think bron could average more points a game if he choose to? In this soft ass pussy era where it basically illeagal to play defense? Which of course also another case for Jordan, in this era Jordan would prob average 40!!! Far as the mvps I don't know the count but don't you think it fair to say any MVP that hasn't went to bron the last 10 years was a sham? We all know god damn well he the MVP every year, anyone who thinks harden is more valuable to his team than bron is smoking crack!!!

I'm not making the case to say bron better than jordan, I seriously doubt I'll ever see anyone I think better than Mike, that said to compare is virtually impossible. Eras different and bron's game closer to magic than Michael imo, think we can agree bron a better version of magic??
    Points Awarded:

nyplayer33 gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Dwight to? 3-1 lakers maybe 4-0
    Yeah bro, Dwight was a part of that package.

Kobe > Lebron at the time (very slight edge)
    Wade > Paul (significant edge)
    Bosh > or = Dwight

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

It's funny how everyone is currently hating on durant but forgot that lebron did the very same thing and ironically beat durant when he made it to the finals organically with okc

And all the people that bashed lebron when he went to miami didn't bring up the guy who started this trend when kg went to boston

Super teams had been manufactured before but they never had championship success
    What durant did is completely different from what lebron did. Lebron went to Miami to build a contender, durant joined a contender that would be in the finals with or without him. Just wade and bosh would've got killed by the celtics big 3.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I don’t Rich
    Game 1 he was the best player in the court no doubt.
    Game 2 Curry was better
    Tonight, Durant was better
    He seems to shy away in the spotlight. He’s about to go 3-7 in the finals.
    Jordan 6-0 with 6 MVPs in the finals.
    Assassin.
    That’s GOAT in my opinion
    Why didn't Jordan get to more finals?

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Because he needed pippen/rodman and a great supporting cast to help him out against the bad boy pistons lol

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    He got bored from ALWAYS winning them.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Yankfan4life2 View Post
    What durant did is completely different from what lebron did. Lebron went to Miami to build a contender, durant joined a contender that would be in the finals with or without him. Just wade and bosh would've got killed by the celtics big 3.
    The fact Durant jumped ship to a team him and Russ pushed to the brink the previous year just left a bad taste as a competitor for me. Show some pride and work harder in the off season and get over the hump for the city who drafted and supported you!! Not like he was on a team of scrubs like bron who proceeded to be one of worst teams in league minute he left! Durant was on a contender w another star and should have beat warriors year before he left!!! West was shaping up to have epic battles like previous decades, like Jordan and Scottie paying their dues before finally getting over the hump vs the bad boys!! That what okc/golden state should have been but instead of putting in the work and getting over the hump he took the chicken shit way out and joined a team that won a finals without him.., tons of respect for shady but he way off thinking that is in any way a solid comparison imo,

bababoyee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankfan4life2 View Post
    Because he needed pippen/rodman and a great supporting cast to help him out against the bad boy pistons lol
    Yup!
    And the Celtics before the pistons.
    I agree the competition in the East was a lot harder in Jordan’s era 🤝

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

OP is a Moran!!!! Jordan left bulls they won ONLY 2 less games the next year. Team sport...shush
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

tony_come

Lebroom=pippen or Lamar Odom

nyplayer33

Supporting cast on Jordan's teams much better then lebron. You forget that lebron is a much bigger guy then Jordan.

tony_come

Lebroom is no jordan or Kobe. Stop it

Lebroom belongs as supporting cast

nyplayer33

Even with his free-throw shooting woes, LeBron has a higher true shooting percentage (58.4 to 56.9 percent), and he trails MJ's career PER of 27.9 by just 0.3 points despite averaging three fewer points per game for his career.

Suffice it to say that if LeBron wanted to be more of a scorer, instead of a playmaker, he could average Jordan-esque scoring totals.

Brian Spurlock*Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sp

LeBron is bigger, faster, stronger, smarter (sorry, but it's true; as Skip Bayless said this week, LeBron has the highest basketball IQ since Magic Johnson), and more durable than his rival for the title of greatest

2daBank

Yup!
    And the Celtics before the pistons.
    I agree the competition in the East was a lot harder in Jordan’s era 🤝
    The warriors damn sure wouldn't have dominated in jordans era when they played physical grown man defense!!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Lebroom is no jordan or Kobe. Stop it

Lebroom belongs as supporting cast
    Cmon guys. I loved Kobe but his all around game wasn't on par w Bron imo.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Even with his free-throw shooting woes, LeBron has a higher true shooting percentage (58.4 to 56.9 percent), and he trails MJ's career PER of 27.9 by just 0.3 points despite averaging three fewer points per game for his career.

Suffice it to say that if LeBron wanted to be more of a scorer, instead of a playmaker, he could average Jordan-esque scoring totals.

Brian Spurlock*Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sp

LeBron is bigger, faster, stronger, smarter (sorry, but it's true; as Skip Bayless said this week, LeBron has the highest basketball IQ since Magic Johnson), and more durable than his rival for the title of greatest
    It not a good argument tho when talking true shooting and all that. They were allowed to hand check and play physical ass defense in Jordan's era. While I totally agree with you bron could avg way more points if he wanted to I think you also gotta admit Jordan's efficiency numbers would be off the charts playing in today's soft NBA!!

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

IS a fkin idiot plain and simple. This fkin stat slut is goin to suffer another finals loss and quit blaming his fkin team all the time. Dude has been on all star teams and still has only won 3 titles.Yes i said only because when u call urseld the king and u have played in the weak ass east ur whole career u should have a hell of alot more.So please quit with this dumbass Goat shit.
    How good was Jordan without Pippen?

This good: 1-9 in the playoffs.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Lebron is kind of like these goats though:

First 1234 Last