BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Jordan would have averaged 40 a game in today's pussie NBA product.
    Not even a debate between the 2.
    Jordan did it all while you could kick him in the nuts and not get a foul call.
    Today you get a whistle for looking at a guy with the ball.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    I've thought he is right with Jordan for awhile but it's all opinions , no way to honestly ever tell .
    Two completely different eras and styles of basketball we're trying to compare .
    There was talent on nearly every team compared to now . Now , It's about 5 teams that have talent to lead to a title .
    They beat the fukk out of each other night in , night out back then. Now , multiple fouls that aren't even fouls .
    LeBron would've been hell back then with his size and MJ would've averaged 50 with the officiating and calls now.
    They're both to live on to be talked about throughout time .
    Are you serious? Look, I'm old school but the players today are 10x better than they were 20 years ago. They are bigger, faster and much, much stronger. You have the best players in the world as it's now international. How many guys 20 years ago are like the superstars of today? Giannis, Durant, Curry, Lebron, Davis, Klay, Embiid, Harden... You are kidding yourself if you think the players of old are better. MJ couldn't shoot the 3 like these guys can. How do you think he's going to put up 50 against stretch 4's that are built to stop you. You may think the defense is worst today, but it's actually better. Talk to a scout that's been in the game 30 - 40 years. They can show you combine results that will blow your mind. Guys shoot better, dribble better, move better, play defense better, etc. I've seen MJ and Lebron and I don't think it's worth discussing because they are both #1 to me in different era's. Lebron and MJ would have had to both adjust their games to the era. But to think that the old school teams had talent on them is just wrong. There were a lot of shitty players on those benches. Go look them up. Turrible.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Then you must lose a lot of money... How did your square bet on Boston go for you???
    What are you even talking about? My comment had nothing to do with Boston, everything to do with Lebron.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Haha
    This product is no comparison to back then . Multiple teams had badass players back then . Today , simply buying your hardware . Heat , yep , Warriors , yep .
    Spurs actually worked for it through teamwork , others are mainly purchased .
    These bitches would've got knocked the fukk out coming down the lane like they do now .
    You can count on one hand who's honestly got a shot to win a title now , it's a steamy pile of dogshit for a product .

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Jordan would have averaged 40 a game in today's pussie NBA product.
    Not even a debate between the 2.
    Jordan did it all while you could kick him in the nuts and not get a foul call.
    Today you get a whistle for looking at a guy with the ball.
    You couldn’t breathe on Jordan....guy got every call.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    You couldn’t breathe on Jordan....guy got every call.
    Exactly...

Jordan nuthuggers love to point to the physicality of the NBA is his era, which may be true as a general rule, but it didn't apply to Jordan himself. He had the league in his hip pocket and the officials were always quick with a whistle if you so much as cast a shadow on the guy.

Mac4Lyfe

Here's the Bulls last title playoff run...

New Jersey

Where are the stars? Kendall Gill, Kerry Kittles, Keith Van Horn??? GTFOH

Charlotte Hornets...

Who on this lousy squad??? Vlade Divac? C'mon man.

The Pacers with Mark Jackson, Reggie Miller and a bunch of clowns???

The Jazz in the Finals with Stockton, Malone and a bunch of garbage???

You need to go back and look at the rosters of the old school teams. HOT Fukking GARBAGE. Most players on these teams weren't even role players back then. Just bench warmers that played in practice.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    What are you even talking about? My comment had nothing to do with Boston, everything to do with Lebron.
    I never said your post had anything to do with Boston.

I said... The Cav's were not as shitty as the media and everyone is trying to make it. and you said you stopped reading once I said that.

I then said that you must like losing money, since you obviously thought the Cav's were shitty, since you stopped reading. Your comment had everything to do with Cav's being shitty, since you said you didn't agree with my post.

Eddy Munny

I never said your post had anything to do with Boston.

I said... The Cav's were not as shitty as the media and everyone is trying to make it. and you said you stopped reading once I said that.

I then said that you must like losing money, since you obviously thought the Cav's were shitty, since you stopped reading. Your comment had everything to do with Cav's being shitty, since you said you didn't agree with my post.
    I'm of the opinion that this Cavaliers squad outside of LBJ is indeed pretty weak, and that this fact is not being overstated. The degree to which Lebron has had to work to get them this far in the playoffs says it all. The man is 33 and played every single second of a game seven. Unreal.

Anyways, I thought your opening sentence was intended to temper the praise around Lebron by asserting that his team is actually pretty good. But as I can see, we're on the same side with this topic. My fault.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 05-28-18 at 12:16 AM.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Too much focus on comparing MJ and LJ with rings..titles. You can only truly do that in golf and tennis. Jerry west 1 for 9 in the finals...look at his numbers...he was great. Hes the only player to win playoff mvp on the losing team.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Listen clearly.....Jordan left bulls they only won 2 less games without him. James leaves cavs next year...they win maybe 20 total.
    Points Awarded:

blankoblanco gave nyplayer33 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Here's the Bulls last title playoff run...

New Jersey

Where are the stars? Kendall Gill, Kerry Kittles, Keith Van Horn??? GTFOH

Charlotte Hornets...

Who on this lousy squad??? Vlade Divac? C'mon man.

The Pacers with Mark Jackson, Reggie Miller and a bunch of clowns???

The Jazz in the Finals with Stockton, Malone and a bunch of garbage???

You need to go back and look at the rosters of the old school teams. HOT Fukking GARBAGE. Most players on these teams weren't even role players back then. Just bench warmers that played in practice.
    Every piece of shit team you just wasted time on , as well as I copying would've beat The Al Horford Celtics into obvilion.
    Like how you did pick the last year , please go back to the 1st and actually each teams roster , they play nightly to actually get the chance to get there .
    Cavs know it's so bad they don't give a fukk about home throughout , means nothing in the shitty east .
    Celtic team this year will go down Top 5 all time in your book .
    These guys are pussies now , you bitched a solid hr about officiating in the in game thread , own it , it's built off bitch style basketball .
    So 2 Olympians is now garbage , very interesting . Horford will go down as an all time great .
    Like LeBron but the East is a joke , anyone claiming otherwise is lying to themselves .

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

That Pacers team was really good

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Listen clearly.....Jordan left bulls they only won 2 less games without him. James leaves cavs next year...they win maybe 20 total.
    Amen. This is what I've been saying about LeBron for years. Other guy earlier posted the team James dragged to an amazing record and into the finals, and that team was a joke. MJ didn't get there without Pippen, etc.

It's just something to think about, if nothing else

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Every piece of shit team you just wasted time on , as well as I copying would've beat The Al Horford Celtics into obvilion.
    Like how you did pick the last year , please go back to the 1st and actually each teams roster , they play nightly to actually get the chance to get there .
    Cavs know it's so bad they don't give a fukk about home throughout , means nothing in the shitty east .
    Celtic team this year will go down Top 5 all time in your book .
    These guys are pussies now , you bitched a solid hr about officiating in the in game thread , own it , it's built off bitch style basketball .
    So 2 Olympians is now garbage , very interesting . Horford will go down as an all time great .
    Like LeBron but the East is a joke , anyone claiming otherwise is lying to themselves .
    You are too old to admit the truth. Players today are better than the old days. They are bigger, stronger and faster. They shoot at a better clip, they dribble better, they defend better, despite the bullshit notion that they were better defenders 30 years ago. No they weren't. Guys just weren't better offensively. Technology is better today, analytics wasn't even an understanding back then. Go look back at old videos for yourself. Guys played under the damn rim back then. They did not take the same contact these guys take night in and night out. Sure, I tell my kids that the old school basketball was better but it's a lie to make them play harder, just like walking 5 miles to school in the snow.
    Points Awarded:

blankoblanco gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: blankoblanco

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Lebron left the Cav's, they immediately went to last place the very next year. Lebron leaves the Heat, they immediately went to last place as well, even with Wade, Whiteside, Chalmers, ec...

Mac4Lyfe

I was at this game. We celebrated this night. It was electric. The game is much different now as the 3 ball has become the great equalizer. The game is much more open, where big guys cannot camp in the paint. Old school ball was played in the paint, while today it's played on the perimeter and you can't stay in the paint because too many shooters.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Jordan can’t hold a candle to LeBron...and yes I grew up
    with Jordan..

First 12