danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Milwaukee Bucks' Sterling Brown Police Taser incident video....

Milwaukee police released video on Wednesday of a January arrest and use of a Taser on Milwaukee Bucks guard Sterling Brown.
    Brown plans to take legal action.
    The incident escalates around the 8:00 mark of the video embedded above.
    Footage shows an officer approaching Brown’s Mercedes and initiating a verbal confrontation with Brown.
    “Back up. Back up,” the officer tells Brown, who is standing calmly in front of him. “Are you obstructing me? I just told you to back up. That’s right, I told you to back up. Cause you’re going to try and get into the car. I’ll do what I want, all right? I own this right here.”
    Brown and the officer continue to go back and forth while the officer waits for backup over the parking violation. He tells a fellow officer that Brown “got right in my face” when backup does arrive.
    The body camera footage shows that at least five other police vehicles arrive on the scene as the initial officer tells his colleagues that he “just wanted one” backup team.
    Brown is seen surrounded by at least five officers around the 8:00 mark of the video where an officer is heard telling him to “take your hands out of your pockets now.” The officers then gather to take Brown to the ground.
    Around the 8:40 mark of the video, an officer yells “Taser, Taser, Taser” before a groan is heard from the pile.
    Around the 24:50 mark, the initial officer on the scene tells Brown, now standing in handcuffs, that he didn’t recognize him as a Bucks player.
    Milwaukee police apologize for arrest of Sterling Brown

Police chief Alfonso Morales held a news conference before the video was released where he read from a statement, but refused to take questions from the media.
    “During the encounter, Mr. Brown was decentralized, tased and arrested,” Morales said. “The department conducted an investigation into the incident which revealed members acted inappropriately, and those members were recently disciplined.”
    Morales did not explain what the discipline entailed, nor did he identify the officers involved. Captain Steven Caballero told reporters that police will be releasing the officers’ information “once all statutory requirements have been met.”
    Both officers then walked away from the podium as reporters asked questions.
    Brown released a statement shortly after the release of the video and said he intends to file a lawsuit against the Milwaukee Police Department.
    From the statement, which can be read in whole here:
    My experience in January with the Milwaukee Police Department was wrong and shouldn’t happen to anybody. What should have been a simple parking ticket turned into an attempt at police intimidation, followed by the unlawful use of physical force, including being handcuffed and tased, and then unlawfully booked. This experience with the Milwaukee Police Department has forced me to stand up and tell my story so that I can help prevent these injustices from happening in the future.
    Situations like mine and worse happen every day in the black community. … The common denominator in all of these situations has been racism towards the minority community, the abuse of power, and the lack of accountability for officers involved. The lack of repercussions for the police officers involved in so many of these cases is offensive. This is a slap in the face to the victims’ families and communities.
    Black men shouldn’t have to have their guard up and instantly be on the defensive when seeing a police officer, but it’s our reality and a real problem. There must be mutual respect and both sides have to figure out how to accomplish this.
    The Bucks responded as well with a statement of support for Brown.
    The abuse and intimidation that Sterling experienced at the hands of Milwaukee Police was shameful and inexcusable. Sterling has our full support as he shares his story and takes action to provide accountability.
    Brown’s teammate Khris Middleton told Sports Illustrated that Brown was visibly battered when he came to practice later that day.
    “We saw him the day after the incident at practice. We saw the bruises and marks on his face and cuts on him. He explained briefly what happened, but at that time he just wanted to keep it private so we respected that.”
    Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett responded to the video in his own news conference later Wednesday.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i don't understand if the guy was parked in a handicap spot give the guy a ticket

danwinkler

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    i don't understand if the guy was parked in a handicap spot give the guy a ticket
    It was 2.am and there was no other cars in the parking lot. Most cops wouldn't have even even bothered to give a warning or talk to the person if it was a white guy or a girl.

Its funny how the officer apologizes to him for not recognizing him as bucks player. Before that maybe the officer thought he was a drug dealer or car thief.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Give him a ticket and and get on with your day.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Why was he mouthing off to the cops like a tough guy? The cops were out of line for sure, but the guy was not a complete saint.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

lol 100 cars, doesnt matter what race you are you should not like such a thing. dont think it wont start happening to all, it is

danwinkler

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    lol 100 cars, doesnt matter what race you are you should not like such a thing. dont think it wont start happening to all, it is
    google translate isn't translating the language you typed to English.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Uncalled for

Some cops terrible

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

If he would have followed the rules and not parked in a handicap spot, none of this would have happened. The whole problem is on him.

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2322

so we've got shrute posting the race baiters who got off w a warning where the cop was more than kind to them then this where the cop is clearly power tripping just looking for an excuse to abuse his authority. I think it's safe to say these are both bad examples of the opposite ends of the spectrum and both sides are just using videos like these to further their agendas

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Why was he mouthing off to the cops like a tough guy? The cops were out of line for sure, but the guy was not a complete saint.
    the cop shoved him and got in his face and he called him on it. if someone did that to you you would just take it? you are a real pussy.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    the cop shoved him and got in his face and he called him on it. if someone did that to you you would just take it? you are a real pussy.
    That isn't someone, that is a cop telling you to back up. It's 2am, the cops guard is already up.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Nice parking job. It's one thing to park in a handicapped spot when you are not handicapped, it is another to park perpendicular across 2 spots. The cop was an asshole, but so was the guy who thinks he can do whatever he wants.

El Terrible
    El Terrible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    If he would have followed the rules and not parked in a handicap spot, none of this would have happened. The whole problem is on him.

Retard Alert!

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post

That isn't someone, that is a cop telling you to back up. It's 2am, the cops guard is already up.
    the cops guard is up because hes a bully. this is improper parking in an empty lot. the cop was out of line and shouldnt get a pass just because hes a cop. if anything he should be held to a higher standard than a random person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Nice parking job. It's one thing to park in a handicapped spot when you are not handicapped, it is another to park perpendicular across 2 spots. The cop was an asshole, but so was the guy who thinks he can do whatever he wants.
    if thats the worst thing hes done in his life then he is the most law abiding citizen in history and not someone who thinks he can do whatever he wants. you must think you can do whatever you want also since you are on a gambling forum and probably american.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

the cops guard is up because hes a bully. this is improper parking in an empty lot. the cop was out of line and shouldnt get a pass just because hes a cop. if anything he should be held to a higher standard than a random person.

if thats the worst thing hes done in his life then he is the most law abiding citizen in history and not someone who thinks he can do whatever he wants. you must think you can do whatever you want also since you are on a gambling forum and probably american.

Yeah that makes perfect sense.

I have never parked in a handicapped spot, let alone parked perpendicularly across several of them.

Why people do dumb shit like that to draw unneeded attention to themselves is beyond me.

danwinkler

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    then why did the police department apologize and admit they are at fault?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is the reason NFL players kneel on national anthem.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Another case of a black man not obeying police orders and arguing and making a fuss.. I'm sure if he would have backed up to begin with and not stay in the officers grill this would have never escalated... If he didn't park his Merc in the handicap this wouldn't have happened either..

Cops should have just gave him a ticket but Sterling was showing tude, wearing the black hoodie and not responding to police orders.. Got what he deserved.. If it were a white guy I'd say the same.. Back up he did not comply, take your hands out of your pockets he did not comply. was getting loud and then started resisting..

Justice served tase his ass..... Should be no apologies for that..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-24-18 at 08:50 PM.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Of course he's an American. He's also a fukking hypocrite. He probably has a fake ass handicap parking sticker too. Lying bastard.

It's 2am. How many handicapped people are driving at 2 in the morning? Maybe the guy couldn't even see the parking spots in the dark with snow on the ground? Maybe he's just like the thousands of other people that run into the store in the cold to buy something real quick. Yet, the only time we see someone get shot or tazed they happen to be black? The punishment never equals the crime but it's always an excuse when pigs kill people over little shit.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Another case of a black man not obeying police orders and arguing and making a fuss.. I'm sure if he would have backed up to begin with and not stay in the officers grill this would have never escalated... If he didn't park his Merc in the handicap this wouldn't have happened either..

Cops should have just gave him a ticket but Sterling was showing tude, wearing the black hoodie and not responding to police orders.. Got what he deserved.. If it were a white guy I'd say the same.. Back up he did not comply, take your hands out of your pockets he did not comply. was getting loud and then started resisting..

Justice served tase his ass..... Should be no apologies for that..
    Too late Jibbby. The piglets already apologized and are about to get the shit sued out of them for millions of dollars. You're right... He's about to get what he deserved. Black hoodie and all.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Too late Jibbby. The piglets already apologized and are about to get the shit sued out of them for millions of dollars. You're right... He's about to get what he deserved. Black hoodie and all.
    What else is new? Scream and kick loud enough and stir up shit you get paid.. Liberal law of the land..

If I was a black man I'd do it as well I guess, especially since cop said this is all on camera.. That's the green light to start crap with the PO... You may get beat and tased but in the end you get PAID and apologies even though you were in the wrong..

Police will probably all get fired too... Sad...

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Typical case of simply being black and being out late at night. This is why nfl players kneel.

If this was Matthew Delladova wouldn’t even be a story.

And imagine if the cop had recognized him as an NBA player and not just assumed because he was black he was a criminal.. would have given him completely different treatment. White person treatment.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post

Good point.

I’ll add to this:

-if you park the way that guy parked, you just might get the attention of cops. Park in a normal penetrating parking spot

-while I definitely agree that a cops guard is up (and should be up at 2AM), the cop got too sensitive. Get to the point....get the mans ID and if you want to write him a parking ticket for parking like a douche, do it, wrap it up and let the man get on his way.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Uncalled for

Some cops terrible
    i love you man.

Guy was calm

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Good point.

I’ll add to this:

-if you park the way that guy parked, you just might get the attention of cops. Park in a normal penetrating parking spot

-while I definitely agree that a cops guard is up (and should be up at 2AM), the cop got too sensitive. Get to the point....get the mans ID and if you want to write him a parking ticket for parking like a douche, do it, wrap it up and let the man get on his way.
    You’re a white guy doing the same thing. 2am, infant at home, wife pregnant, you need to run out and get something. You’re in a rush and double park and run in. You come out and see the cop there. What kind of treatment do you think you’re getting?

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11977

Why did he need backup to write a parking ticket?

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Typical case of simply being black and being out late at night. This is why nfl players kneel.

If this was Matthew Delladova wouldn’t even be a story.

And imagine if the cop had recognized him as an NBA player and not just assumed because he was black he was a criminal.. would have given him completely different treatment. White person treatment.
    He told him and the cop just laughed at him.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What else is new? Scream and kick loud enough and stir up shit you get paid.. Liberal law of the land..

If I was a black man I'd do it as well I guess, especially since cop said this is all on camera.. That's the green light to start crap with the PO... You may get beat and tased but in the end you get PAID and apologies even though you were in the wrong..

Police will probably all get fired too... Sad...
    Haha... You see nothing wrong with ANYTHING the pigs do. They can fukk you in the ass and you would say you deserved it.

TheLock

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This is the reason NFL players kneel on national anthem.

No.

NFL players kneel because they’ve made the mistake of believing the narrative that there is an epidemic of white cops killing UNARMED African American men.

This is incorrect and there is independent data to back it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...?noredirect=on

TheLock

You’re a white guy doing the same thing. 2am, infant at home, wife pregnant, you need to run out and get something. You’re in a rush and double park and run in. You come out and see the cop there. What kind of treatment do you think you’re getting?

I have no clue how I would have been treated because I would have never double parked in a handicap spot. It would have never crossed my mind.

pattymayo

No.

NFL players kneel because they’ve made the mistake of believing the narrative that there is an epidemic of white cops killing UNARMED African American men.

This is incorrect and there is independent data to back it up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...?noredirect=on
    Wow. I’ve seen your threads and never thought you were this dumb.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Haha... You see nothing wrong with ANYTHING the pigs do. They can fukk you in the ass and you would say you deserved it.
    No I see wrong when wrong happens.. I know if you are cool and cooperate with cops that's the best angle to take always.. They are usually cool back to you..

You show tude and get loud and in their face, don't obey orders then bad things can and probably will happen.. It's not rocket science.. Cops not pigs are doing their job Mac..

Too bad you call them pigs.. With out pigs we would have civil unrest and crime spewing out of every city in America in no time.. We need law enforcement to keep the peace.. I don't expect you to understand that because you are a cop hater.. ..

TheLock

Wow. I’ve seen your threads and never thought you were this dumb.

You didn’t click the link and read anything did you?

And to make it worse you just call me dumb.

Why?

pattymayo

I have no clue how I would have been treated because I would have never double parked in a handicap spot. It would have never crossed my mind.
    Of right, of course, you’ve never ever disobeyed a law before. Get real.

123 Last