View Poll Results: Will Kawhi Leonard Be On San Antonio’s Roster For The 18-19 Season?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 47.06%
  • No

18 52.94%
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gritter other teams passed them, let me handle NBA and you can handle weed business

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Didn't see this, what news of his uncle? Is he a bad influence? Rumor or more truth? Like Floyd's uncle? Kawhi seems like such a reserved individual it's hard to gage much from him
    Whi's uncle keeps trying to create a big brand around Kawhi, more marketing, sponsors etc, wants to become a sports agent typical stuff from people wanting to make a dime off the athletes, but Kawhi just isn't into all that stuff, he hates all that type attention. But Kawhi does listen to his uncle, his uncle was there for him after his father died. It's just hard to gauge Kawhi because he just doesn't talk, keeps to himself, so no really knows if there is a real rift or it's just his uncle trying to influence Kawhi to pursue a big time market.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Whi's uncle keeps trying to create a big brand around Kawhi, more marketing, sponsors etc, wants to become a sports agent typical stuff from people wanting to make a dime off the athletes, but Kawhi just isn't into all that stuff, he hates all that type attention. But Kawhi does listen to his uncle, his uncle was there for him after his father died. It's just hard to gauge Kawhi because he just doesn't talk, keeps to himself, so no really knows if there is a real rift or it's just his uncle trying to influence Kawhi to pursue a big time market.
    I feel like the old Kawhi would of played in the playoffs this year. Someone brained washed him. All I remember is a young stud playing his heart out on a viciously sprained ankle one year.... guy had a heart of gold. I admired his play... and that die hard instinct.

Now... I don't know what to think of him? Personally, I wouldn't want him on my team. I get the NBA is a business... but... what does the Spurs organization stand for now??? I thought it was hard work and effort? Coach Pop has always preached this. We all know Kawhi hid behind a second opinion on his quad. Let's face it... he was fine. For the remaining players on the team.... I couldn't play with a teammate like that. Everyone knew he was fine. Players aren't dumb.

Spurs definitely have the cap room.... but what does this say for the organization as a whole? You cater to greed?

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

Guys a loser.

jjgold

I wouldn’t want this guy on my team he’s a quitter

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I feel like the old Kawhi would of played in the playoffs this year. Someone brained washed him. All I remember is a young stud playing his heart out on a viciously sprained ankle one year.... guy had a heart of gold. I admired his play... and that die hard instinct.

Now... I don't know what to think of him? Personally, I wouldn't want him on my team. I get the NBA is a business... but... what does the Spurs organization stand for now??? I thought it was hard work and effort? Coach Pop has always preached this. We all know Kawhi hid behind a second opinion on his quad. Let's face it... he was fine. For the remaining players on the team.... I couldn't play with a teammate like that. Everyone knew he was fine. Players aren't dumb.

Spurs definitely have the cap room.... but what does this say for the organization as a whole? You cater to greed?
    Honestly, I think there's more to the story. Kawhi has always been a guy obsessed with improving his game and doing what it takes. There's nothing in his past history that showed selfishness or unwillingness to play. The Spurs organization has also shown historically, they always err to the side of caution when dealing with player injuries, especially to their star players. I really think the injury has been a bit of a mystery and not just to him or the Spurs, but to the doctors as well.

His injury has varying levels, but basically it can range from inflammation and discomfort to the tendons literally shredding until they blowout. There is no single treatment that works in all cases except for extended rest. There are all kinds of physical therapy, injections and treatments and they all have varying levels of success from case to case.

I think the real concern is this will be a chronic condition and will continue to happen. He was cleared by doctors, everything looked fine, the inflammation had subsided, but after a couple weeks of working out, the symptoms returned. He would rest, go through therapy again and again it would subside, but eventually return. I think this is what the frustrating part, none of the tendon experts hired by the Spurs or Kawhi have been able to diagnose why it keeps reoccurring. None of the experts have been able to isolate the exact cause, is it congenital and he's stuck with it the rest of his life or is there something bio-mechanical, the way he runs, jumps, cuts etc. that cause it to reoccur. That's the frustrating part, no one really knows and that just exasperates the situation.

It doesn't help that he has his uncle in his ear wanting to milk his career for every dollar it's worth and telling him that the Spurs weren't trying to take care of him. I just don't think the Spurs would have jeopardized his future and thus their own by playing him if they didn't feel he was ready, they have always left it to Kawhi to decide if/when he was ready.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

He’s not going anywhere morons - going team up with lebron next year - POP is the only coach lebron respect

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

So if his uncle has his fangs affixed to kawhi wouldn't he want him to re up and get max money?

Where's that dbag puff daddy trying to mooch more attention when you need him? Guy wanted to let Megatron just play ball while he "worried" ab all the other stuff

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Gritter other teams passed them, let me handle NBA and you can handle weed business
    Just because your bald head looks like a basketball and you enjoy being handled by black men doesn’t make you a hoops expert. You stick to things you know like being very unattractive to women and backing losers, leave sports to us real men.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

No marriage is perfect. You take the rough with the smooth. Leonard is good for the Spurs - even at super-max - and vice-versa.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Odd prop wager on Kawhi Leonard heading to the Phoenix Suns at 5D. Wow. Could it really happen?

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Max sign and trade to the Sacramento Kings for #2 pick in the draft

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Hes a guy who may actually make up the money being in a big market. Most stars is doesnt matter but he's not a real marketbale guy so being a laker would help a ton.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Fuk Leonard

He killed my season wins over bet
    He seems like kind of a nut job, it's all in the eyes you can tell.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Any particular reason why Orlando are 3rd favourites to sign Leonard?

jjgold

What we find out in all sports is most athletes overpaid .

A lot of these guys get hurt and the team wasn’t even that bad

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What we find out in all sports is most athletes overpaid .

A lot of these guys get hurt and the team wasn’t even that bad
    Kind of like when you nuked your account telling Lou to SMD.

First 12