infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

My Pick Tonight

It would figure to be the case that after a 10-1 run, you share your pick on a wider scale and the Bulls find it in them to shoot the lights out of the gym. These things happen, and if I have to bet on the Bulls to not score over 120 points every night, I'd be a pretty wealthy man. In this regard, it's much like poker, you can outplay your opponent, and have your chips in the pot against his when you are 80% favorite to take down the hand, but you can still lose the hand of course. That being said, I'm quite confident the Bulls won't score over 110 points much more often this season, let alone 120. These things happen, that's gambling, on to another night, and another play. Tonight, I'm heading out west, to Denver.

The Celtics enter Denver tonight having won a crucial 3 games on a Western road trip. When the Celtics looked down, people were selling low on them, they pulled the motivation back down to earth and looked at eachother in that locker room, and have buckled down the defense to win an impressive 3 games. Well, the trip isn't over tonight, but surely the Cs like their chances tonight in Denver.

Everyone remembers the last time the Celtics went to Denver. They handed a backyard beat down alla Kimbo Slice in what amounted to a 38 point victory, the worst home loss for Denver in 11 years. Surely, the Nuggets remember this, but will it matter? I find it hard to imagine it will. In that game, it's also key to note that Boston played without Garnett. Garnett is back tonight, and this is an important factor in this game. Denver will go as far as Carmelo takes them, but Boston has the secret weapon in the Carmelo department. KG. Kevin Garnett is the defensive catalyst for Boston, but he matches up great against Denver as Carmelo playing against the Cs with Garnett has only shot 19 and 39% in two contests.

In terms of NBA rankings, both of these teams are quite similar. Sagarin Rankings has the Cs at 4, and the Nuggets at 7. While their strength of schedules are also very similar, at 18 and 19 respectively. There isn't much of a difference in terms of overall talent here, Denver is a solid team...but the Celtics have won a Championship, and are out to prove a point and send a message on this Western swing. They are doing exactly that, and after coming off of a 20 point beating of the new-look Blazers last night, I think the C's will be hungry for more. These primetime Sunday games are what the Celtics strive for, and I think they'll come hard tonight ready to finish the road trip strong.

The Celtics match up great with the Nuggets, but the Nuggets are so jeckyl and hyde. They won against the officials and the Cavs the other night, then could have sent their J.V. team to Washington for the performance they debacled in the capital. Now they have a big game tonight, one they need to get up for. I don't think they'll be run out of the gym, but I don't think they'll be winning this one by more than 4 points. I see great value on the Celtics tonight, as they could take this one even on the ML. Good luck tonight.

My Pick: Celtics +4.5 tonight @ Denver.
    Last edited by infamousbacardi; 02-21-10 at 09:50 AM.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

GL tonight all.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Slow start, good 2nd quarter...should be good finish here.